Any recommended adult diapers here in UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've tried Tena Pants Super and they are pretty good overall. I've also tried Boots Staydry Night Pants but they aren't as snug or comfortable as Tena, and they sag quite a lot when wet. Is there any other good or better ones? I prefer buying them in a retail store or supermarket (such as Boots).

I have always worn ID Slips. I myself prefer plastic backed types and they seem to be the only half decent ones available these days. Before I had attends or molicare. Unfortunately I have never seen these brands openly available in supermarkets or shops. I have only ever seen tena slips in ASDA before.

AlthoughI no longer wear diapers, I do remember when I also faced your dilemma. The sad fat of the matter is that UK stores only stock pads and slips for light to moderate wetting and nearly all are cloth backed and useless. The ones you mention in you post are the most accessible without having to order anything. What I would say is that many postal services now offer collection from retail outlets or at pick up points for easy collection. It works the same as buying in store except you are pre-paying and are given a date it will arrive in store. Worth looking into if you are not able to get deliveries to your home address.

00Steve00 said:
I have always worn ID Slips. I myself prefer plastic backed types and they seem to be the only half decent ones available these days. Before I had attends or molicare. Unfortunately I have never seen these brands openly available in supermarkets or shops. I have only ever seen tena slips in ASDA before.

ID seems a bit similar to Tena. I’ve never heard of them though.

The simple fact is generally if you need them in the UK you get them on prescription from the NHS, so most pharmacies don't just carry them on the shelves.

The Tena Pants are rubbish, and the boots brand stuff is even worse.

You can get premium products from online stores like Incontinence Shop, Incontinence Choice, NappiesRUs, Save Express to name just a few.

I really like the iDSlip Super PE backed product too. It's a big brand, and they have been around for ages. You could also check out Abena, Molicare and Tena but all 3 brands most absorbent products are now a shadow of their former selves. Betterdry are also very good. Or get the ABDL brands like ABU, Crinklz, Cuddlz or Rearz.

If you have to buy from a retail store you will need to go to a mobility or disability store rather than a chemists.

Is there a Clearwell Mobility shop anywhere near you? they stock lille healthcare pants, proper medical grade diapers,,,

I use Tena Pants Super sometimes also, Lady Tena Discreet are also good and widely available from supermarkets and pharmacists, very comfortable to wear but don't have a great capacity.

https://www.clearwellmobility.co.uk/showrooms

Pete67 said:
Is there a Clearwell Mobility shop anywhere near you? they stock lille healthcare pants, proper medical grade diapers,,,

I use Tena Pants Super sometimes also, Lady Tena Discreet are also good and widely available from supermarkets and pharmacists, very comfortable to wear but don't have a great capacity.

https://www.clearwellmobility.co.uk/showrooms

• I've ordered through the Incontinence Shop a few times. They've been reliable, and products reasonably priced. They stock plastic-backed Abena M4's, which I like. They've opened a branch in Aylesbury, so i figure they're doing well.
  • Another great place to get very good prices/wide range of diapers/reliable delivery is eBay.co.uk

- - - Updated - - -

darkjo: You could try searching for disability care shops. They'd sell diapers. The Queen's chemist, John Bell & Croyden (of Wigmore Street, London, W1), has a pretty large disability section at the back, with disposable diapers/nappies, and basic (Henley's) plastic pants.

PlasticPant said:
  • I've ordered through the Incontinence Shop a few times. They've been reliable, and products reasonably priced. They stock plastic-backed Abena M4's, which I like. They've opened a branch in Aylesbury, so i figure they're doing well.
  • Another great place to get very good prices/wide range of diapers/reliable delivery is eBay.co.uk

- - - Updated - - -

darkjo: You could try searching for disability care shops. They'd sell diapers. The Queen's chemist, John Bell & Croyden (of Wigmore Street, London, W1), has a pretty large disability section at the back, with disposable diapers/nappies, and basic (Henley's) plastic pants.

I live in Coventry, which is very far away from London :p But there are some pharmacies around here such as Boots.

You could try save express a german web site that deliver to Uk via parcel force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back