How does one double diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I've been going into little space a bit too often lately and I'm just wondering how do I exactly double diaper?

I generally slice some holes into the back and front, but I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, any resources on this would be nice.

- Jess

You should cut a slit in the inner diaper right around the crotch area, where the pee is going to go, so that the inner diaper will soak up what it can and then leak the rest into the outer diaper.

The slits certainly work well. As an alternative, recently I've started using a leatherworking wheel, similar to a Wartenberg wheel, to prick hundreds of little holes all over the first diaper's outer shell. (I think Bambino sells one, but I found this one for a mere $7 on Amazon.) The advantage of this pricking method is that you don't run the risk of large slits becoming tears that leak wet SAP and fluff everywhere when changing.

That wheel worked pretty great with a high-SAP diaper like the ATN, but I plan to experiment on other brands with it.

You can get a wheel with points on it like that in the fabric stores or perhaps in the fabric section of Walmart. They're called tracing wheels and used to transfer patterns to cloth.

I use the pull up diapers with the largest quantity. I just pull on 2. since I leak all the time or run all the time I also have a cover over both. they both fill up thats for sure.

Well, the way I see it you put one on, cut a slit in, and put another one over it. (Probably one bigger than the one you just put on.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back