Changing on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
For more than a few hours I only ever fly first class these days. Those hard and small economy seats are just too brutal for me. I too will drink my fair share of liquor before we take off, and in flight. I switch with water too though, so as to not get dehydrated or drunk.

As expected with this, I wet my diaper a LOT. My last flight to Japan was 16 hours long (plus a layover), and I went through 5 confidry diapers, absolutely soaking each one nearly to the point of leaking. I got really good at changing in that tiny bathroom.

Ps. Flight time from sydney to Jamaca is only 19 hours.
https://www.travelmath.com/flying-time/from/Sydney,+Australia/to/Jamaica

Slomo said:
For more than a few hours I only ever fly first class these days. Those hard and small economy seats are just too brutal for me. I too will drink my fair share of liquor before we take off, and in flight. I switch with water too though, so as to not get dehydrated or drunk.

As expected with this, I wet my diaper a LOT. My last flight to Japan was 16 hours long (plus a layover), and I went through 5 confidry diapers, absolutely soaking each one nearly to the point of leaking. I got really good at changing in that tiny bathroom.

Ps. Flight time from sydney to Jamaca is only 19 hours.
https://www.travelmath.com/flying-time/from/Sydney,+Australia/to/Jamaica

Uh Slomo you drank 5 gallons of liquid??? Thats deadly overdosing on water no more than a gallon a day max you should be consuming that is the top of the mark max.
Each Dry 24-7 AKA Comfidry is about a gallon capacity. I can go a whole day with one Dry 24-7 and not smell like urine. I take that odor neutralizer and hydrate myself to max levels too.
Please folks do not kill yourself over water intoxication a gallon is max.
I change for the overnight at most 2-3 diapers most in a 24 hour period all depends on my proper prep of the diaper.

Good to see you rely on some website for the truth. In theory it probably is 19 hours as the website shows a direct flight from Sydney to Jamaica. However actuals are Syd - LAX no direct flight with AA, Delta, United to Jam have to stop over at either ATL or MIA before proceeding to JAM, but I'm more than happy for you to surf the web to find me a direct flight which can drastically reduce the flight time. We cant even fly direct to Mexico from Australia have to go through the US. But seem you are the seasoned traveler and know everything.

Not sure why your first class bathroom is so tiny, as when I've had the pleasure of experiencing first class the bathroom was huge, or are you talking about business class as your above post does not make sense to the size of bathrooms to the class. Some first class bathrooms even have baths. Also considering less than 1% or travelers world wide sit in first class my original post was aimed at those that travel with the rest of the world. Even I only travel business on the rare occasion as my work policy only entitles me to be on the cheapest seat. I then upgrade myself if i want too which is where point from all those flights come in really handy.

That means in Aussie terms you pissed 20 liters in a 16 hour period wow. Lets say your weight is 100kg same as myself, average urine output is 100mls per hour on average human. Give or take the 3-4 hours where drinking beer increases output your average could increase to around 200 - 250 mls per hour. You are stating your averaging output is 800 mls per hour. just wow wow wow. You should see someone about that as anything above 300mls per hour indicates there is potential a serious kidney problem or something else wrong.

Last edited:
xpluswearer said:
Uh Slomo you drank 5 gallons of liquid??? Thats deadly overdosing on water no more than a gallon a day max you should be consuming that is the top of the mark max.
Each Dry 24-7 AKA Comfidry is about a gallon capacity. I can go a whole day with one Dry 24-7 and not smell like urine. I take that odor neutralizer and hydrate myself to max levels too.
Please folks do not kill yourself over water intoxication a gallon is max.
I change for the overnight at most 2-3 diapers most in a 24 hour period all depends on my proper prep of the diaper.

Not hardly or even close. You have to remember that all diapers are more likely to leak while sitting down. The front can be absolutely soaked to the point of leaking, while the back is almost completely dry.

And besides the point, but even 5 gallons in one day is not overdosing on water. Though that much in just a few hours would be.

Ps. Confidry has never once been able to last me 24 hours straight. At best I can get them to last about 8 hours during the day, and that's with them soaked front to back and having been threatening to leak for an hour or more. 10-12 hours overnight and I'll have the same.

For you to go that long, it sounds like you would be a bit dehydrated, but 1 gallon a day is a really good amount (and even a little more than I normally take in). No idea how you can get a confidry to reliably last that long without ever leaking though.

With the small Bathroom on a plane. I just can’t see that happing. You will be banging the door and walls
Guest it’s possible but I would have a back up plan

I just got back from a 4 1/2 hr flight plus a 5 hr drive home and my choice was a abu lavender with booster and plastic pants. I changed after going through security and was very comfortable on flight and for a few hrs after arriving home. The extra security the lined plastic pants gave me allowed me to be 100% confident of no leaks etc. my only concern was my t shirt lifting exposing my choice of underwear but don’t think that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rcramere said:
You have a good point but another question is security going to have an issue with baby powder and wipes, and thanks for the response.
Both of these are OK by the TSA for carry on. I've never even had them bat an eye at my wipes. They did ask me once if I had powder in my bag (I couldn't remember if I did) and then pulled it out. The only issue is they wanted to make sure it was powder and not liquid.

- - - Updated - - -

Harry2017 said:
With the small Bathroom on a plane. I just can’t see that happing. You will be banging the door and walls
Guest it’s possible but I would have a back up plan

People bang into the walls even when they're just trying to use the toilet normally. The place is tiny.

willnotwill said:
Both of these are OK by the TSA for carry on. I've never even had them bat an eye at my wipes. They did ask me once if I had powder in my bag (I couldn't remember if I did) and then pulled it out. The only issue is they wanted to make sure it was powder and not liquid.

- - - Updated - - -

People bang into the walls even when they're just trying to use the toilet normally. The place is tiny.

Wich I have to call the TSA out on for being so stupid. Aluminum powder is readily available, highly explosive, and looks exactly like baby powder. Yet thats ok, but even just a quart of clear water isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back