Not open for further replies.

Zorbid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I drink. I assume you also drink.
Has your incon changed what you drink?
For me, I don't drink beer. It makes me pee way too much. I like beer. Won't drink it.
I like shots! Or a mixed drink. I like to drink, but I'd really not have an accident.

Best drink lots and lots of liquids - must be well hydrated - what are you wearing those thirsty doubled up diapers for if not to use them ?

Sometimes it changes while I’m drinking, but it’s most noticeable once I’ve gone to sleep. The floodgates open!

PlotTwist said:
Sometimes it changes while I’m drinking, but it’s most noticeable once I’ve gone to sleep. The floodgates open!
Same here

I wet when I drink any kind of alcohol and after so I don’t drink at all. It sucks because like margaritas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh yeah, the floodgates always open when I'm driking. Mostly I just carried extra diapers and boosters with me though. My drinking was already very occasional so I would just bring enough with me that I could stay a couple of days without drinking, assuming I was going to run through that many diapers.

But it's even more occasional these days because I'm trying to watch my calories so if I'm going to drink enough to feel anything it basically means I'm skipping a meal that day so I've gotta plan for that on top of having enough diapers available. So it's literally only on certain holidays. Last year I prettymuch drank on two occasions, a party with a friend of mine's fraternity, and New Year's Eve and that was it.

I think it's not so much what you drink as it is that you're consuming alcohol. Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Alcohol will actually dehydrate your body. That's what causes a hangover, so you should be consuming liquids so you don't get sick.

While I'm not IC, I do have a small / leaky bladder, I find alcohol and beer makes me pee a lot more often and leak a lot more often, so I presume it could make IC worse. caffeine can too, so I would assume alcohol would play a part in it.

That being said, alcohol isn't too good for you in general. I generally don't drink unless diapered due to the leakage problem, it's a real pain to get up and pee every second.

Alcohol is a natural diuretic and bladder irritant and yes many people are IC in there sleep after drinking , I a diabetic alcohol turns into sugar and empty calories plus I take opiates and Benzo's every day so i have a trifecta reason for avoiding it , but i enjoy beer so i drink an alcohol free beer made by Guiness , a case will last me about 2 years unless i have friends over ,it took them a long time to realize there was no alcohol ,because there nice bottles with a nice label and has a great taste ,it's not an obvious fake beer that tastes like crap , i cook with wine but obviously cook the alcohol off ,it's the flavor your after not the booze , I also have several bottles of hard liquor that i use to marinate meats or fish that my aide thinks are funny that he has to dust the bottles because they don't move that often ,but there are flavors that you can't get any other way , so for an IC guy that's dry ,my house doesn't look it , but if anybody can tell me how to make salmon marinated in bourbon without bourbon I am all ears .
I used to go to an ice cream place who was known for weird and innovative flavors one of them was Jack Da niels, i cant and dont eat ice cream much but that stuff was fantastic , i preorder some for when they make it again and make my own sugar free chocalate chip cookies ,makes an awesome cookie sandwich for desert and people assume its vanilla ice cream , surprise ! And it doesn't really have any alcohol but the flavor is there. So enjoying the flavors without the alcohol is pretty easy but certainly not cheap .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I drink hard liquor most every evening (never in excess). I'd say incontinence has not affected my drinking habits, but more the other way around. Since alcohol is a diuretic, I too pee more after drinnking. As such, I had to get better diapers that can handle the floddings.

I wet the bed every night so drinking beer just means a bit more wetness. To be honest I just don't care any more.

I drink, religiously. I have noticed I have a harder time when drinking, but when it does hit the worst is after I've finished drinking and decide to head home or lie down/sit around.

I like drinking beer and sometimes drink wine. Its pretty natural that it affects the bladder. I don't think about it a lot except if Im not sleeping at home which is hardly ever. I'm fully prepared for any eventuality at home so its not a big deal. My bigger concern usually is walking back from the neighborhood bar where I go to drink beer and staying dry on the way home. Even a pullup cant always handle my beer filled bladder if it gives out.

I drink regularly but only a beer it two usually once or twice a week. It hasn't had affected me noticable. I drink liquor even less, like once, maybe twice a year. The last time I drank liquor I got drunk for New year's, didn't black out or pass out but I did wake up wetting the bed. This is new and has never happened before. Almost afraid to do it again.

i like beer, i drink beer.
i like some mixed drinks, i drink mixed drinks.
i like some hardstuff, i drink hard stuff.
i pee in the bed, so i wear diapers.

Even a beer hits my bladder like a truck. Heck, I can tell when my kombucha or water kefir is too strong (rather, fermented too long for my taste) because the alcohol will hit my bladder and I'll have to focus hard to hold it.

"Detect Alcohol by Bladder Reflex" sounds like a half joke D&D ability but there you go :lol:

Whenever I drink, it most definitely increases how much I wet over night. And it also makes me more prone to having accidents while awake. I usually try to put on a diaper if I know I'll be drinking.

Boopa said:
Whenever I drink, it most definitely increases how much I wet over night. And it also makes me more prone to having accidents while awake. I usually try to put on a diaper if I know I'll be drinking.

same here if drinking need a nappy. Walking home from the pub is 30 mins so i need one jsut to make it. If drunk my wife insist i wear a nappy to bed she hates waking to wet sheets

sloth said:
same here if drinking need a nappy. Walking home from the pub is 30 mins so i need one jsut to make it. If drunk my wife insist i wear a nappy to bed she hates waking to wet sheets
Get a power wheelchair under state and federal law your a pedestrian ,so until they start issuing walking under the influence your good to go ,even the crap ones these days can go 5 mph. And you can take one for the road in a paper bag!

Tetra said:
Get a power wheelchair under state and federal law your a pedestrian ,so until they start issuing walking under the influence your good to go ,even the crap ones these days can go 5 mph. And you can take one for the road in a paper bag!

Interesting comment, but in UK drink/drive laws apply to mobility scooters just the same as vehicles, and insurance is compulsory, idk about powered wheelchairs though, easier to get a taxi or just let nature take it's course,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back