How to be more confident in buying baby things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyPrincessMimi

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
How does everyone manage to go into stores and purchase baby things?
I seem to get too anxious to actually do it and there’s things I need.
If anyone could give any advice on how to be more confident I’d gladly take it.
Thanks for reading

The most important things to remember to me are..

Firstly, everyone is just going about their business. Most people really want their own privacy too. Do you ever look down the aisle and think, "Hey why is that person buying cat food, do they eat cat food?" (If you do.. well stop you silly. Be the change your want to see in the world.) I promise though, it's actually not that often. When you shop you rarely if ever notice anyone else ever, mostly just going through the store and getting your things and trying to avoid getting in peoples way. Even if you do see something wierd you don't remember it 10 minutes later. 30 minutes tops.

Secondly, babies exist. It's spooky but true. Most people seeing you buying baby stuff will probably just assume you are buying it for someone else.

Lastly though, the real trick to confidence is going in there believing, full-heartedly, that there is nothing wrong with what you're doing. Because ultimately that's the big thing stopping you more than anything else. You feel ashamed of yourself. You feel like someone should be laughing at you, on some level. I know this feeling well. Not will accepting this about yourself and no longer having self-hatred about it make you feel instantly better about it all, you'll also be able to brush off the rare instance that the first and secondly fail.

Bored cashier trying a little too hard to be friendly? Sme busy body make a joke they totally thought was funny? if you have the confidence and don't seem scared, you'll be able to brush off any comment that anyone makes.. jokingly or not. Because confidence is the biggest shield to any bully.

Ok first your not the age to be needing what your getting .
So everyone thinks you're picking up for some one else or you're mom for a baby.
Shop a store not where your family lives by.
Make a list go in like your buying from the list then they will think you were sent to get the things you need.
People assume so much on there own just let them think they are right even if they are wrong ok.
It works every time then over time you won't care any more just go in and buy what you need .
Oh just looked at your profile being in the UK area things can be quite different how is the shopping over there.
Me being in the USA it's got to be different some what.

One thing that really helps me to buy baby stuff from the store is if I buy it with other things, like groceries, so then if anyone does look (which no one will) they'll think nothing of it. Also it helps to go to self checkout lines if they're available, and I know this may sound difficult but try not to think about it too much. I usually chicken out a few times before getting something because I'm all in my head about it, but then I find if I just grab the thing I want and go straight to checkout I don't give myself time to panic or act anxious. Maybe save it for last on a shopping trip so you're ready to leave as soon as you've got it. Hope that helps!

Every time I buy baby items in any store, no one has ever looked at me funny. I just have those things in my cart/basket and look as casually as I possibly can. There was this one time I was getting a pack of pampers, baby wipes, and powder and the cashier says "How old is your baby?" then without thinking I reply "She's about two." I do not have kids of my own and don't plan on it for a long time. There's not that much fear for me when I'm getting a new plushie or a new baby bottle.

Wow, so much great advice. Now the most important thing. Go do it until you get used to it. At least that's how it was for me. 😉

Walk into the store with your head held high like you own the place, grab what you need, go to the checkout and pay for it, and then go home. Nobody cares what you're buying. Seriously. People don't notice anything beyond their own limited sphere of existence.

A list is a great thing, that's how I started buying diapers, assumption would be that you are buying for a younger sibling, if you don't have a child with you. I actually enjoy buying diapers now, but it took a while to get to this stage, but do understand about being seen by someone you know,,,
There was one time at the checkout, my packet of Lady Tena Discreets got pushed back on the conveyor, the cashier picked them up and asked me "are these yours?" I replied without thinking "yes, they're for me" her response was just "cool"! I try and use her checkout whenever I'm in that shop now, we always have a bit of a chat, I reckon she's either AB/DL herself or completely ok with the idea of others being so.

Pete67 said:
I actually enjoy buying diapers now, but it took a while to get to this stage, but do understand about being seen by someone you know,,,
There is a part of me that does enjoy picking up a pack of Pull-Ups and going through the store with them in the cart, although I do worry about running into my cousins. I still feel a little awkward at the check-out though. I used to always use the self-checkout, but now that I can buy padding freely when I go shopping with my mom, she hardly ever goes to one.

Thanks for all the great, friendly advice guys!

Pete67 said:
I reckon she's either AB/DL herself or completely ok with the idea of others being so.

Or she's ok with a guy using a product aimed at females.

Sissy is my tag. I know there are some people who disapprove of me, for instance, buying panties, corsets etc. But most ladies are far more accepting of it. The stores don't care because the reason the diapers and accessories or clothes are on their shelves is because They Want To Sell Them.
And despite the loud nature of rude people, they're in the minority and most non-rude people have developed a tolerant disapproval of their habits.

And the biggest turn-on is the delicious notion that you're breaking a 'rule'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back