Do you prefer tape or pants style diapers?

Tape or pants style?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In terms of comfort, design, etc. which do you prefer, tape or pants style? I honestly prefer pants style, since you can just pull up and wear them like an underwear, and probably because I used them as a kid.

Last edited:
I prefer tape style. Used them when I was younger and they feel more "babyish" to me. I do enjoy having the pants types at time though, because they are easier to pull down if i need to run to the bathroom in public.

jvz123 said:
I prefer tape style. Used them when I was younger and they feel more "babyish" to me. I do enjoy having the pants types at time though, because they are easier to pull down if i need to run to the bathroom in public.

Same. The only problem with tape style is that the tapes might come off if they aren't fastened properly.

I've only tried pants style ones. I use the unisex Tena ones and find they don't leak. Keen to try tape up ones so would listen to any reccomendations. I'm a little worried that I wouldn't be able to do them up properly myself as I don't have anyone to do them for me.

There's something about the idea of pull-ons that appeals to me. I don't know quite what it is. Maybe it's the normalcy of having "underwear" you can pull on and off and down for "toileting" … and then wetting them that I like. But I'm a tabbed-diaper kind of guy, probably mostly because of reliability and capacity. Now, if they could manage to make a pull on with the security, capacity, coverage, and fit of a pull-on, I'd probably be all over it.

-RMS

Jacko03 said:
I've only tried pants style ones. I use the unisex Tena ones and find they don't leak. Keen to try tape up ones so would listen to any reccomendations. I'm a little worried that I wouldn't be able to do them up properly myself as I don't have anyone to do them for me.

I started out in this with Drynites but I found the same issues as everyone else in terms of fit and leakage so I soon moved on to proper tape up nappies. It depends what you're looking for but at the moment I really like these http://www.cuddlz.com/cuddlz-size-medium-adult-nursery-pattern-all-over-printed-nappy-diaper/. They fit me really well, the tapes are secure and they make me feel very Little. I've not had any problems with leaks so far but I always wear them with plastic pants on top. They can take a good load in the back too...

I also have no one to help me putting on nappies :)sad:) and found it a challenge at first but there are some good tutorials online. It's not hard once you get used to it but I have to lie down, I can't do it standing up like some can.

I prefer tape on briefs for the absorbency and fit .

Tape everytime, pants style just doesn't cut it for my needs.

Tape seem to work better for leakproofing, I can get a more exact fit, I can either go "snug or relaxed" depending on my mood and situation, and I also kinda enjoy the "being taped into" my diaper, both the act of taping up and remembering how back in the day when I got my diaper taped on I didn't have a choice - I was forced to wear a diaper and couldn't really remove it if I wanted to. (I'm not quite so stuck anymore, but the emotions remain)

bambinod said:
Tape seem to work better for leakproofing, I can get a more exact fit, I can either go "snug or relaxed" depending on my mood and situation, and I also kinda enjoy the "being taped into" my diaper, both the act of taping up and remembering how back in the day when I got my diaper taped on I didn't have a choice - I was forced to wear a diaper and couldn't really remove it if I wanted to. (I'm not quite so stuck anymore, but the emotions remain)

Yep. Tape diapers are a bit more "classic" than pants, and they feel quite different. Pants style are usually thinner, but might be less absorbant.

To each their own, but I don't consider pull ups a diaper. There are different for a reason. Pull ups are for potty training, diapers are for pottying :)

I've never had great luck with pull-ups so I really don't care too much for them. I wear 24/7 and taped diapers are much easier to change while standing in a bathroom stall.

Pull-ups can be quite comfortable but their performance really doesn't do it for me. The Tranquility ATNs that I wear do hug my booty nicely though when properly taped.

If you don't have to kick off shoes and pant or other undergarments like plastic panties, pull ups do have an advantage in speed of changing. But once you have pants and footwear--and possibly a dirty floor in the stall, you'll want taped.

As a big baby, pull-up or pull-on diapers are a no go for me. I like my tape diapers, not only are they reliable, but they're just like baby diapers what with all the prints that are available. When they have them in stock, I always go for the single tape diapers that ABU offers, nothing throws me into baby-mode quite like a Cushie or an SDK.

Last edited:
BabyCorry said:
To each their own, but I don't consider pull ups a diaper. There are different for a reason. Pull ups are for potty training, diapers are for pottying :)

Agreed.

I have a strong preference for plastic backed, taped diapers.

Pull ups are certainly more convenient, especially if they absorb well.

When it comes to adult diapers, I prefer tape-ons. But because of the expense, they are a once-in-a-while treat for me. For daily wear, I pin Huggies Pull-Ups into a pair of underwear with the crotch cut out. I sometimes do the same with baby diapers, pretty much making them into pull-ups, but in that case I still *think* of them as diapers.

In the past, when wearing adult pull-ups, I think of them as training pants.

I prefer tapes as well, Though I am one of the people who enjoys authenticity in the experience so I do prefer one tape abdl diapers over two tape and three tape. There are times when the one-tapes aren't available, then I will select a really cute two tape diaper with good capacity that looks like a Huggies and then work with that. I have done pull-ups before, but they have made me feel older (because I wasn't out of pull-ups until 4) so I tend to stay away from them, simply because I am 2.5 in little age most of the time.

I prefer the taped ones better, because I like to lay down during a diaper change at home, but at work I have to stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back