Help, water stuck inside latex pacifier teats for two days now :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

neaendr

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hello there,
i've got a problem who seem ridiculous, but it start to bugging me now...Indeed, to days ago, i washed my pacifiers in a water/tea tree oil mix. And i deliberately put water inside the teats (by pressing them underwater and chasing the air inside). My mistake...now there are some water inside who won't come out. I tried pushing it out, by pressing the teat and shaking them, i even let them on my radiator over night. But after that, there was condensation on the upper top of the teats, water was still inside...(my only silicone one finally dried up, but not my other latex teats). It's not the first time i wash inside the teats, but it was not a problem before.
I'm puzzled...
I guess i could try to sterilized them on boiling water (the first time i've done that there was some water inside too, but it evaporate without trouble, thank to the hot temperature....Not sure i will work this time but it worth the try)...Many regular baby/maternity website subject to throw them and replace them if it's happen, but i don't want to come to this. Because they are expensive, and i'm attached to them ! :/
What do you think?

Last edited:
neaendr when I clean my nuk 5 pacifier I always fill the teats with water in makes the pacifier more fun to use feels like it's bigger than it is. So be bugged enjoy the new feeling.

I have the same with my paci's and some dry up, others don't. Since it is only a drop of water or two, or a little condensation, I don't think it is a problem to me.

Could the tea tree oil be the problem? It might react with the latex and how it interacts with the water. Have you used this oil before?

What kind of paci's do you have? Can they be disassembled like the mam pacifiers or the ABDL-large shield pacifiers? In that case I suggest you let the teat dry after removing it. You might as well use a cotton stick to reach inside.

Perhaps boiling is the best way to get rid of the water when you squeeze the teat several times immediately after boiling. But this won't work if you have a custom made and glued pacifier because the glue can dissolve at high temperatures and some ABDL pacifiers might melt!

By the way, I wouldn't use tea tree oil on anything going into my mouth. It is not quite harmless.

I will stop using tea tree oil, i must have used it to much... (used it for gum, and gingival problems in addition to the pacifiers it could be too much for my organism , you're right :/) Howeover, i found some specific diswasher soap for baby bottle and pacifier. i will use it with warm water and a basin. Much simpler like that. Also, I got rid of the condensation by putting all my paci tucked on a bath towel and letting the towel close to an heat source. Glad there're finally dry again! :D

When you heat the pacifier up it expands and warps to let the water in. To get the water out you need to re-expand or warp it back open.

Try prying it back open with a butter knife. Turn it upside down, and let the water drain out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back