Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
It's been eight months since I came clean to my mother about wearing diapers. (I don't know where the time has gone.) She doesn't care. Dropping a pack in the Walmart buggy is no problem. That still hasn't quite eliminated all of the awkwardness though.

Once they're home and away in my room, she never sees them again. I won't even carry one in my hands from my bedroom across the hallway to the bathroom if she can see it - I hide it under my clothes, the same I did when I still wearing in secret.

I got some DC Idyls in the mail today. My mom came walking into the kitchen as I was bringing them in. ''Whatcha got there?''

''A package I ordered...''

I mean, she might realize what it is, but it's kind of hard to just say ''diapers''...

I felt awkward last night when a commercial for Pull-Ups came on as we were watching TV. (I'd just bought some for myself on Tuesday.) My mom had to chime in, saying it was about time for my one little cousin (who is supposed to be autistic) to be potty-trained.

''Well, when you're autistic, it can be harder, and take longer, so...'' I explained. Meanwhile, her 25-year-old in the wet Pull-Up barely even qualifies as potty-trained anymore.

I suppose these are just the kind of moments you can expect when you have family in the loop.

hang in there, it will get better with time

My wife has known forever that i wear diapers , not how often or when, except that she knows I wear to bed every night, This past weekend she was going shopping and I needed some daytimes briefs that I wear for leakage after peeing and for urge at times .. I asked to to pick me up a couple of packages of briefs (pull -ups) she sort of grunted but when she came home she had bought me 5 packs of 20 ... I was pretty happy she made no comment on when or why

It took a while for both me and my wife to say the word diaper, even though I was going to bed diapered. It took several years before we both became comfortable with the idea that I'm AB/DL and love wearing diapers. She was always supportive and would buy me a lot of baby related things. The problem of acceptance was more on my part.

I guess I feel like exposing it to her anymore than I currently am is just taking things a little too far. I still try to keep the diapers private - I don't tell her when I'm wearing, and she doesn't ask any questions. I guess letting her see me with a diaper in my hand would be like saying I'm wearing one.

Honestly, you should just accept that some people can't understand. When i was younger, i thought grown people that wore diapers were weirdos, but here i am, sitting in my bed, completely soaked. It can be hard to understand outlandish things like our community. Whenever she says something you percieve as a jab at your habits, either ignore it, or remind her that she probably does equally strange things. Equal but opposite forces cancel out.

NothingToSeeHere1 said:
Honestly, you should just accept that some people can't understand. When i was younger, i thought grown people that wore diapers were weirdos, but here i am, sitting in my bed, completely soaked. It can be hard to understand outlandish things like our community. Whenever she says something you percieve as a jab at your habits, either ignore it, or remind her that she probably does equally strange things. Equal but opposite forces cancel out.

I never said she doesn't understand it. If there's something she doesn't understand, she hasn't bothered to question it. She just lets me do my own thing, which I appreciate; in return, I try to keep my diaper-wearing discreet.

The awkwardness is more my own state of mind, then anything she has done to make it that way. I think there's probably always going to be some level of it.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I never said she doesn't understand it. If there's something she doesn't understand, she hasn't bothered to question it. She just lets me do my own thing, which I appreciate; in return, I try to keep my diaper-wearing discreet.

The awkwardness is more my own state of mind, then anything she has done to make it that way. I think there's probably always going to be some level of it.

Totally understand. Well, it seems like you handle it better than you realize since you decide to still live with your mom. What is a buggy????

This is something I wonder about all the time if my parents ever find out about me. I would have a very hard time being around them constantly, if they did discover this side of me. My gpa is incontinent and my mom takes care of him. "diapers" come up in our household conversation with my dad and mom all the time because shes a nurse and caregiver, so it would be pretty awkward.

ryan2127 said:
What is a buggy????

Term I grew up hearing for shopping cart.

I feel for ya. Its been tough to break through the awkward with my girlfriend. I came out more than a year ago and have worn around/out and about/with her but she never seems to want to engage when i ever feel like talking about it... or she just doesnt actually care... so i force myself to be lighthearted about it. I make jokes, ask for the odd change now and again, that sorta thing. Still awkward. Iv even come out about my awkwardness... she doesnt seem to want to be reassuring but rather just leaves me hanging in space whenever i bringup the fact that i still feel awkward thus creating a state of "meta awkwardness"... it all gets pretty silly

If it's a fetish, it would be a bit odd to expose your parents to it anyway - if you were into some other fetish you wouldn't want to involve your parents (I hope!), wandering round the house wearing a ball-gag or something!

Also, you have to remember that your kink is a big deal to you but not to others - so when we see a diaper advert on TV or suchlike our brains go on high-alert, for others it's just another advert lost in the noise.

An ex of of a friend was transgender and I remember her being incredibly sensitive about certain words and scenarios, she explained it by saying that you're carrying this BIG SECRET around and it makes you really paranoid - you think everyone knows, or at any moment you could be "found out" or exposed, and so some things just hold a huge loaded meaning for you while everyone else is basically oblivious because it's not something they'd ever be thinking about.

Jbdl said:
I make jokes

I make a joke here and there about it - like about how many times my aunt will have to pee herself before she puts on a diaper, while I meanwhile LIKE wearing diapers...

Joking around is a good approach. Look, we do appear weird to the vanilla world. We just do. And we have to admit the absurdity of it sometimes. Think of it as the harmless activity we know it to be and stop being so sensitive about jokes. I find it difficult to talk about ABDL stuff without accidentally making puns or jokes anyways. And if you are comfortable enough in the lifestyle to laugh and poke a little fun at it too, it'll put others at ease because they see it isn't a big deal to you.

My wife knows that i wear incontinince pads or maxi pads for some leakinf but does'nt know about me wearing diapers.but i will continue to do it as i love it. I only wish i had a women who shares my live of diapers who understands.:)

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I felt awkward last night when a commercial for Pull-Ups came on as we were watching TV. (I'd just bought some for myself on Tuesday.) My mom had to chime in, saying it was about time for my one little cousin (who is supposed to be autistic) to be potty-trained.

''Well, when you're autistic, it can be harder, and take longer, so...'' I explained. Meanwhile, her 25-year-old in the wet Pull-Up barely even qualifies as potty-trained anymore.

I suppose these are just the kind of moments you can expect when you have family in the loop.

I feel your pain there. Both my parents know and I cannot stand when a diaper/pull-up commercial comes on tv. I always feel so awkward. To make matters worse, I think my dad feels awkward too because he seems to start coughing every single time they come on. It makes me feel ashamed in a way, especially if I'm wearing at the time, but I try to just ignore it. Easier said than done.

gnd567 said:
I feel your pain there. Both my parents know and I cannot stand when a diaper/pull-up commercial comes on tv. I always feel so awkward. To make matters worse, I think my dad feels awkward too because he seems to start coughing every single time they come on. It makes me feel ashamed in a way, especially if I'm wearing at the time, but I try to just ignore it. Easier said than done.

All the more reason to adjust the way you see this. If you see it as harmless and even a bit funny, it wont embarrass you as much. In much the same way little kids think farts and poop jokes are hilarious, if we take that approach and act positive instead of squeamish, every one feels better.

I do kinda remember a time when my mom came into my room when I had a Pull-Up on my bed. But that's about the only time she's actually seen one (if she even noticed).

Anyway, it's not diaper-related per se, but the other day she put Sesame Street on TV for me, and man I felt all :blushie:. I shouldn't, seeing she knows I watch it (and got a really cool Sesame Street shirt in the mail today), but I guess watching Sesame Street just seems so blatantly babyish that I couldn't help feeling a little embarrassed!

Hey I'm an older one here I like kid movies some shows .
My mom doesn't approve even thinks the world is trying to make us kids.
Hates the footed union suits.
She walked in on me when I was putting on a diaper.
But so many of us would love to have mom's understanding as your is.
I can't wear when at Mom's place it drives me crazy with stress when I don't .
My gf ok with wearing but no parking in it.
In time it may feel ok to you

If there's someone in the world who doesn't like Sesame Street I don't want to meet them.

Except Elmo, he's annoying as hell.

If you were watching something blatantly babyish like Teletubbies or In The Night Garden that would be weird, as those have no real entertainment value unless you're a toddler or perhaps stoned.

RubberJin said:
Except Elmo, he's annoying as hell.
The show just focuses on him a little too much IMO. I'd like to see Barkley brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back