Shipping Meijer Night pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan2127

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Hey guys, I live in Ontario about 6 or 7 hours from the closest Meijer store in Michigan. Id really love to get my hands on the xl-l boys type. Of course living in Canada, its an obstacle.

If anyone lives near one of these stores and can send a few packages and wants to make some money, Id be more than happy! If anyone can somehow do this, I want you to profit off this. I will pay extra!

I dont want this thread to seem selfish so if your like me and want these then say so. Hopefully, someone is wants to do this!

Thank you

Last edited:
by the time anyone of us in Michigan ships it to you, You are going to be better off hitching a ride on Greyhound to Detroit and catch a Indian Trails bus to Flint and take the MTA to Center Road Meijer and buy them yourself. Or if you are in Northern Ontario same thing grab Greyhound Canada to Sault Ste Marie and cross the International Bridge and get Sault Ste Marie Public Transportation to take you to the Meijer store a few short miles away. easy enough I say eh? You are looking at over 2-3 weeks before it gets to you and its going to cost you an arm & leg and customs charges too since its mailed goods. go to Greyhound and plan your trip now in my opinion and suggestion.

xpluswearer said:
by the time anyone of us in Michigan ships it to you, You are going to be better off hitching a ride on Greyhound to Detroit and catch a Indian Trails bus to Flint and take the MTA to Center Road Meijer and buy them yourself. Or if you are in Northern Ontario same thing grab Greyhound Canada to Sault Ste Marie and cross the International Bridge and get Sault Ste Marie Public Transportation to take you to the Meijer store a few short miles away. easy enough I say eh? You are looking at over 2-3 weeks before it gets to you and its going to cost you an arm & leg and customs charges too since its mailed goods. go to Greyhound and plan your trip now in my opinion and suggestion.

I have thought of driving down to Michigan, from where I am in Toronto. Do you think it would be crazy to drive 6 hrs or so? and stock up/shop around a little while im down there? Would customs question me why I drove that far and returned within a few hours? Thats about the only thing I worry about. I dont care about spending $80 in gas. Plus, I live with my parents and there going to think im up to no good, driving across border lol Might be possible in april when they go away for a week, but still, I dont want them to think ive lost my mind

Just curious why you'd want a brand that is a cheaper made Goodnites. Usually chain stores use the same companies to make their own private labeled product. As a truck driver, I've seen this before. I delivered Walmart branded products made by Kimberly Clark. What do you see in these, that you can't get anywhere else?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Just curious why you'd want a brand that is a cheaper made Goodnites. Usually chain stores use the same companies to make their own private labeled product. As a truck driver, I've seen this before. I delivered Walmart branded products made by Kimberly Clark. What do you see in these, that you can't get anywhere else?

i just like goodnite generics and the U.S. seems to have a lot of these. Some of us DLs are weird like that I guess. Aside, from that I just want to change things up a bit.

ryan2127 said:
I have thought of driving down to Michigan, from where I am in Toronto. Do you think it would be crazy to drive 6 hrs or so? and stock up/shop around a little while im down there? Would customs question me why I drove that far and returned within a few hours? Thats about the only thing I worry about. I dont care about spending $80 in gas. Plus, I live with my parents and there going to think im up to no good, driving across border lol Might be possible in april when they go away for a week, but still, I dont want them to think ive lost my mind
People from Canada cross the border all the time and do shopping here in Northern Michigan we get the Canadians from as far north as the Hudson Bay come down and shop here and many take care of medical needs at War Memorial Hospital in Sault Ste Marie or McLaren Hospital in Petoskey or Munson Medical Center in Traverse City. You have to know how much you can bring back with you to avoid the customs duties and fees from both sides of the border. Besides you can make it a mini vacation to stay in Michigan we need your tourist dollars too LOL. If you drive you can make it to Flint from Toronto in about 3-5 hours depending on traffic or weather conditions and Border issues. I can recommend a hotel for you to stay at in Flint its the Holiday Inn Express on I-475 its reasonable and gives you a awesome buffet breakfast too. And the water situation has improved in the city so its okay to bathe in again I would still recommend using bottled water or in the lobby they have a water bottle filler that is hooked up to a top notch filtration system. On Center road where the Meijer is right off the I-69 exit is a Bob Evans that has awesome food or you can try the Flint Farmers Market that has many food vendors in it one is a BBQ place that has decent food. While they are gone in April would be your chance to get away for a day leave in the AM get to Flint by Noon do you shopping and have lunch check into the hotel for the night and leave after breakfast and be back home for lunch. none the wiser eh? just make sure you have a cell phone that will work in the US for in and out calls. Unless you have a pet at home that may be the only obstacle standing in your way for a quick overnight trip. What I would do is keep each receipt no matter how small the purchase is when in the US and just hand them with your passport to the Border & Customs agents say just went shopping and leave it at that. Dunno if you get a refund of the taxes paid here in the US like we do when we shop in Canada.

xpluswearer said:
People from Canada cross the border all the time and do shopping here in Northern Michigan we get the Canadians from as far north as the Hudson Bay come down and shop here and many take care of medical needs at War Memorial Hospital in Sault Ste Marie or McLaren Hospital in Petoskey or Munson Medical Center in Traverse City. You have to know how much you can bring back with you to avoid the customs duties and fees from both sides of the border. Besides you can make it a mini vacation to stay in Michigan we need your tourist dollars too LOL. If you drive you can make it to Flint from Toronto in about 3-5 hours depending on traffic or weather conditions and Border issues. I can recommend a hotel for you to stay at in Flint its the Holiday Inn Express on I-475 its reasonable and gives you a awesome buffet breakfast too. And the water situation has improved in the city so its okay to bathe in again I would still recommend using bottled water or in the lobby they have a water bottle filler that is hooked up to a top notch filtration system. On Center road where the Meijer is right off the I-69 exit is a Bob Evans that has awesome food or you can try the Flint Farmers Market that has many food vendors in it one is a BBQ place that has decent food. While they are gone in April would be your chance to get away for a day leave in the AM get to Flint by Noon do you shopping and have lunch check into the hotel for the night and leave after breakfast and be back home for lunch. none the wiser eh? just make sure you have a cell phone that will work in the US for in and out calls. Unless you have a pet at home that may be the only obstacle standing in your way for a quick overnight trip. What I would do is keep each receipt no matter how small the purchase is when in the US and just hand them with your passport to the Border & Customs agents say just went shopping and leave it at that. Dunno if you get a refund of the taxes paid here in the US like we do when we shop in Canada.

Thank you for the recommendations! I will be doing this at some point in the year whether its in April or the summer even. The idea is kind of intimidating because of the border and how far it is, also since im pretty young, I have no experience crossing border solo. But with a one night stay there no more than $100, if i get everything I want, ill be a friendly tourist and buy some lunch while im there LOL. Its far enough that i will stock up on things while there, but also a doable day trip!

ryan2127 said:
Thank you for the recommendations! I will be doing this at some point in the year whether its in April or the summer even. The idea is kind of intimidating because of the border and how far it is, also since im pretty young, I have no experience crossing border solo. But with a one night stay there no more than $100, if i get everything I want, ill be a friendly tourist and buy some lunch while im there LOL. Its far enough that i will stock up on things while there, but also a doable day trip!

Crossing borders is no big deal. Especially the US Canada Border its a piece of cake. All you have to do is leave anything that would be considered a weapon at home and anything that would be drugs in nature unless its a bonafide doctor written script with a accepted pharmacy or chemist bottle with all the details on it. Just have your passport and drive up to the line and wait for them to wave you to them. Act normally and answer the questions truthfully & honestly and dont start sweating bullets or you will be taken for secondary inspection. Tell them you are going shopping and you will be back that evening or next morning be direct and non evasive with your answers. they will scan your passport and see if it is valid and if there is anything that they need to detain you for to get answers on and inspect the pages for stamps from un friendly countries and other things. As far as customs its up to you as to how the experience will go Like I said earlier just hand them all of your receipts that shows your transparency and truthfulness to them Let them do their work quickly and you will be on your way quickly. It is intimidating at first yes with each time you cross you will get better at it. Do not worry you will be fine.

xpluswearer said:
Crossing borders is no big deal. Especially the US Canada Border its a piece of cake. All you have to do is leave anything that would be considered a weapon at home and anything that would be drugs in nature unless its a bonafide doctor written script with a accepted pharmacy or chemist bottle with all the details on it. Just have your passport and drive up to the line and wait for them to wave you to them. Act normally and answer the questions truthfully & honestly and dont start sweating bullets or you will be taken for secondary inspection. Tell them you are going shopping and you will be back that evening or next morning be direct and non evasive with your answers. they will scan your passport and see if it is valid and if there is anything that they need to detain you for to get answers on and inspect the pages for stamps from un friendly countries and other things. As far as customs its up to you as to how the experience will go Like I said earlier just hand them all of your receipts that shows your transparency and truthfulness to them Let them do their work quickly and you will be on your way quickly. It is intimidating at first yes with each time you cross you will get better at it. Do not worry you will be fine.

Im much more positive about it all now but I have a feeling like they will pull me into secondary regardless, because of what im buying and the quantity of items, plus the distance I drove to purchase the goods. I mean, all I plan to buy aside from various diapers is some non perishable foods, possibly other things. Do you think they will be questioning me, why I went that far to only to go "grocery shopping" basically? Would it be a good idea to plan other things to buy so it doesnt raise a red flag to them, assuming its legal to bring across?

I just think that they might raise there brows a little when I tell them Im coming from Toronto and they see a bunch of low value items that in there eyes, wouldnt seem right to drive 6 hours for? Am I overthinking this ?

Just say you were visiting a friend, and decided to go shopping.

ryan2127 said:
Im much more positive about it all now but I have a feeling like they will pull me into secondary regardless, because of what im buying and the quantity of items, plus the distance I drove to purchase the goods. I mean, all I plan to buy aside from various diapers is some non perishable foods, possibly other things. Do you think they will be questioning me, why I went that far to only to go "grocery shopping" basically? Would it be a good idea to plan other things to buy so it doesnt raise a red flag to them, assuming its legal to bring across?

I just think that they might raise there brows a little when I tell them Im coming from Toronto and they see a bunch of low value items that in there eyes, wouldnt seem right to drive 6 hours for? Am I overthinking this ?
As I said earlier many Canadians come to the US for shopping so its not a big deal really. Yes you are over thinking this dont worry at all. By the way your Canadian coins are accepted here one to one up to and including the loon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back