discrete swimwear for urinary incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi just wondering if people know of any good discrete swimwear for urinary incontinence as I do a bit of swimming and might start hydrotherapy again.

Other issues with needing discreteness is hydotherapy doesn't allow any incontinence in the pool as well as I share a clothesline area with my neighbors as live in a block of units and I don't want any one to find out as well as I don't want people finding out while wearing.

Thanks

There's no swim diaper out there that prevents urine from entering the pool. They're only really designed for fecal incontinence. The stuff in normal diapers that absorbs urine will simply suck up pool water the minute you get in.

While studies show that peeing in the pool isn't the best thing in the world, that doesn't prevent plenty of swim-diaper-clad youngsters from getting into pools. So frankly I wouldn't worry about it. Unless he/she notices a warm spot, no one is going to be able to tell if you do happen to go in the water. The only other thing I can think of is some type of catheter and collection device, but obviously that's not going to be discrete.

It's basically so I dont "drip everywhere" when I get out of pool/water as my bladder tends to be weaker after getting out of water or in water if that makes sense as sometimes if at beach nowhere to get changed until back at mates place or something and that requires a drive.

tomcat said:
It's basically so I dont "drip everywhere" when I get out of pool/water as my bladder tends to be weaker after getting out of water or in water if that makes sense as sometimes if at beach nowhere to get changed until back at mates place or something and that requires a drive.

If you can't change before getting into the car, your best bet would probably be just drying off the best you can and putting down a disposable underpad or even a few towels on the seat. (If you're riding with someone else, you might need to come clean about your situation here - especially if it's someone else's car; peeing on their seat isn't very polite.)

As for around the pool, I wouldn't worry too much about dripping because chances are the pool deck is already damp.

All good advice from kimba. Here's a couple of ideas for "swim" diapers.

The swim mates are pretty awesome. I only have urinary IC but feel more secure in them. They don't swell and they hide very well under a bathing suit. As a heads up, the mediums run a little smaller than they say and of course I am right in between sizes. So pick size accordingly. Of course they will send you a sample of each size for a nominal fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back