luckily i got a very old vintage diapers from my neighbor

maybe looks kolibri comslip special plastic version i guess

well in my area japan really hard to get foreign diapers

so i'm really happy to get those one

problem is as you see this pic

on diaper's surface there's a crossing mark are pop up .. when touch it

it feels very hard not soft.. T.T except it outer and another parts are okay

and looks not mold because it has a regullar patterns so someone knows

about this probelm plz answer me it's okay to use..??

[

Last edited:
Nothing perishable in diapers - they’re good for hundreds of years. Just ask a land fill

so you mean its okay to use??:worshippy:

yes

If it never got wet or was not stored in an overly moist environment like a musty basement it should be okay to wear. If you suspect it to be mold its probably better to throw it away even though the risk of getting sick would be minimal at best. You should be fine.

babybobby said:
Nothing perishable in diapers - they’re good for hundreds of years. Just ask a land fill

There's been discussion over how long the elastic remains stretchy, and what happens to the adhesives, especially in the tapes. (for example, sometimes adhesives meant to be able to peel away from their backing for use can bond to the backing after a long time, and then you can't lift the tape, or if you finally get it lifted, there's no useful adhesive left on the tape to stick it down)

I don't know what it is about rubber bands. I have a few pullout drawers I store misc ones in, and sometimes when I get one to toss in I notice several in the drawer are hardened up and basically break into pieces when you try to stretch them. Others don't. So it's something to do with the chemical composition of them that causes certain rubbers to harden with age. If that happens to the leg or leak guard elastic, it'll shatter before you get your diaper even taped up.

So I don't think it's safe to say that all diapers have a long shelf life... it really comes down to the adhesives and the elastics used.

bambinod said:
I don't know what it is about rubber bands. I have a few pullout drawers I store misc ones in, and sometimes when I get one to toss in I notice several in the drawer are hardened up and basically break into pieces when you try to stretch them. Others don't. So it's something to do with the chemical composition of them that causes certain rubbers to harden with age. If that happens to the leg or leak guard elastic, it'll shatter before you get your diaper even taped up.

So I don't think it's safe to say that all diapers have a long shelf life... it really comes down to the adhesives and the elastics used.
there's a great variance, but a rule of thumb is that of like for like, as with soaps and detergents for organic or sythentic dirt. for example, if you keep a rubber band folded or in contact with another rubber band, the oils will seep out (the sticky stuff) between the contacted surfaces. of course, other oil derived products (vegetable and mineral), including vapours, will initiate the same kind of degrading process.
just the other day, i took a pair of plastic pants out of storage (they're about 15 years old, never worn) and they were a bit stuck together from being folded in their packet, and sticky once apart. they're a bit better, now, after airing.

most man-made products really want to return whence they came, but we do our best to stop them. indeed, that's also true of everything, in the great cosmic scale of things.

as for old dispies, the things to consider are (other than what's already been mentioned) the agedness of the SAP (it will harden and stop working over time due to constant 'breathing' of airbourne moisture) and mould (the mould themselves are fairly harmless, but the vapours they give off are pretty nasty to your skin, airways and eyes (and any of the 'mucus producing linings' of your body); if you have issues with your skin or airways, just throw away old disposables).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back