Mistaken for trans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as sanity and reality are relativistic concepts... which philosophy do you prefer? Consensus or absolute, in regards to the question of reality? Or is reality the question in question?

Kalis said:
Well, as sanity and reality are relativistic concepts... which philosophy do you prefer? Consensus or absolute, in regards to the question of reality? Or is reality the question in question?

As Autistic I'm technically a mutant. It's given me a somewhat sideways peek at reality. I dipped my toes in the Quantum Consciousness when NOVA mentioned, almost casually, that there's a quantum computing system called Carnivore which (in 1991 when processors were 100 mhz at the high end), built and funded by the U.S. gov't to monitor electronic communications.
The more you think about it, the more you see of it, and without having to pre-think it. Reality becomes both Consenus AND absolute, and if that doesn't fit just right, thinking on it will at the least take away your neurons from supporting the cerebral cortex and puts them to work in the pineal gland, The part "doctors" used to destroy in a pre-frontal lobotomy for treating people who were in violation of the really limited spectrum, gender-wise, only a few decades ago, of M, F, Lesbian and Homosexual. Times change and so will attitudes.

Conditions and emotions once described as hallucinations or dysfunctional self-awareness... will be placed in the arena of "They believed WHAT?" like treating mental differences by tossing people into a snake pit to "scare the devil out of them".

Currently my reality point has shrunk down to: pain.
I went GF about 5 years ago, when my SO was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. My SO bought me a present yesterday, chocolate truffles. The allergen list DID NOT include wheat or gluten. What was inside one of the treats I ate? Oreo cookie bits... my everything hurts, despite my attempts to convince it otherwise, and more than one dose of painkillers. I am currently leaning toward absolute reality, because otherwise I am doing this to myself...
Sigh

I'll park this here for now, Huffington Post has something going in the field of genderfluid
HuffPost Tweeted: A powerful film is putting the struggles of a genderfluid teen front and center (From: Twitter <[email protected]>)
If Ariana Huffington is interested, it must be juicy. Since I have a few times spent months AFK I don't know if her editors ever contacted or tried. All I know is she used to be Republican, and they pizzed her off. Real strong pizz too. She's now the bane of their existence. Especially when gender is the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Kalis said:
Currently my reality point has shrunk down to: pain.
I went GF about 5 years ago, when my SO was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. My SO bought me a present yesterday, chocolate truffles. The allergen list DID NOT include wheat or gluten. What was inside one of the treats I ate? Oreo cookie bits... my everything hurts, despite my attempts to convince it otherwise, and more than one dose of painkillers. I am currently leaning toward absolute reality, because otherwise I am doing this to myself...
Sigh

Well, that does mean you're going to get past it. Doesn't have much comfort potential knowing that, while it's happening. Hang in there.

Pain is slowly subsiding, I worked all weekend, as well as today. Walking 10 hours/day when everything hurts is tough, but manageable. I have hope of being all better before the end of the week.

Kalis said:
Well, as sanity and reality are relativistic concepts

As opposed to what absolute concepts?

in regards to the question of reality? Or is reality the question in question?

No, reality is realtive to the believer in any form of reality because belief constitutes reality for the believer in reality

I believe that I'm still ten years old. What reality beyond that of a ten year old can be 'reality' for me?

My utterly adorable teddy bears are 'Velveteen rabbit' real to me because I love them. Is reality therefore that what you love?

I love French Fries. Are French Fries real because I love them?

No! French Fries are real because I can buy them in a particular Space & Time.

But my teddy bears are utterly adorable in an absolute Space & Time so they are real to me even though they are not French Fries!

Ohhh...twinky has a headache from thinking too much about the relativeness of the reality of French Fries :(
Twinky

Kalis said:
Pain is slowly subsiding, I worked all weekend, as well as today. Walking 10 hours/day when everything hurts is tough, but manageable. I have hope of being all better before the end of the week.

Dear Kalis

The pain of being genderfluid never, ever, subsides, but the pain of eating an Oreo is but a fleeting moment in Space & Time.

Regardless, "Suffering is the door... the only door... to the depth of truth." (Paul Tillich)

"Cookies!" (Cookie Monster)

'Each to his own' as the saying goes.

I will never denigrate mental pain. It is as real as concrete, and as tenuous to perceive from the outside as wisps of mist. I hope that some relative space/time soon, being non-binary in this world will no longer be a cause of any form of pain.

I pulled this one (is firefox actually doing what they deny, tracking my data usage?) from a firefox "recommended" https://qz.com/1184574/the-idea-that-everything-from-spoons-to-stones-are-conscious-is-gaining-academic-credibility/

Anyhow Deepak Chopra got me into this, panpsychism, The shared consciousness which every center of every expression of being, mass, velocity, energy, consciousness is simultaneously yet at the same time in a redundant way as the center of the universe itself. In Tai Chi as well, The "one point" the center of your body is halfway between your genitals and your navel, and halfway between the front and back skin. It's getting a lot of play now as Quantum Consciousness. Cool, yeah? The idea that everything from spoons to stones are conscious is gaining academic credibility that's the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back