Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalT

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So, the other day I went out to the store to buy a sippy or bottle (whatever I could find that I liked) and I was incredibly anxious. I know I could say it was for a little cousin or something, and I could easily tell my parents not to look, its a present.I even brought my own bag to put it in so they couldn't see through the plastic ones, But I still chickened out. I almost went through with it until I was one of those security cameras that show what their recording.

I just have such a hard time buying these things, knowing they are for me. Does anyone else have these problems?

OriginalT said:
So, the other day I went out to the store to buy a sippy or bottle (whatever I could find that I liked) and I was incredibly anxious. I know I could say it was for a little cousin or something, and I could easily tell my parents not to look, its a present.I even brought my own bag to put it in so they couldn't see through the plastic ones, But I still chickened out. I almost went through with it until I was one of those security cameras that show what their recording.

I just have such a hard time buying these things, knowing they are for me. Does anyone else have these problems?

I used to when I first started buying these things. I can remember buying baby bottles at our grocery store and my heart was beating like crazy. I also bought Goodnites at Walmart and that was crazy too. Now I've bought so many things that I seem to enjoy the idea of knowing that I'm buying diaper cream, baby soap, etc., that I'm doing it because I'm AB/DL, but I also know that no one else knows this or cares.

Once you buy your first baby thing, it should get easier. It just takes repetition. I know it's not easy at first, but it does get easier. Good luck.

I had the same thing the first time I bought one of those crates (you know, like the four packs?) of baby wipes and tubes of desitin. But the second time, it got easier. Once I realized that most cashiers either don't care or just assume you're buying for a baby when you get these things, the nerves level off.

You'll get better and better at it. I guarantee it.

I think most of your issue might be with your parents. Here's an idea: Right after leaving the store, tell them you meant to buy a candy bar you are craving at the time. Run back in, get the sippy cup and the candy bar, pay for it and rejoin them at the car.

I worked retail and I knew people in security. Us checkers don't care what people are buying and the security folks are looking for people looking all around and suspicious. Act confidently.

It is a bit like wetting your nappy in public for the first time.

I was really nervous doing it as I thought everyone's going to see my wet shorts.

And all the humiliation memories came back when it happened to me as a child but then I was not wearing a diaper.

Afterwards when my shorts were not wet and no one knew what I had just done they just carried on with their lives, the feeling of relief was great.

Like I had a voice in my head saying you are going to be in so much trouble. And then being able to say to that voice where's the trouble then?

Shopping for AB items is a little bit the same as you get a voice in your head saying what are people going to think or say to you.

But honestly they don't really care they are all wrapped up in their own lives then what you are doing. And the security cameras are there to watch for people shoplifting not for people making purchases.

Just go through with it and you will feel so glad that you did afterwards.

After a while you'll be doing things like me. Wearing a diaper to the shops and then wetting in front of the cashier, I know that sounds really silly and kind of naughty. And it probably is, that is like doing something in front of a complete stranger and they have no idea what you're doing.

I don't know it just makes me feel super naughty and super little. But that's me kiddo i'm just a naughty little boy at times.

And I would encourage you to go back to the shop and get what you want sippy cups are good, and so are bottles get the ones with the bigger tits. You may have to modify the flow by making the hole slightly bigger.

I would push a cocktail stick through to do this as you don't want to make the hole in the tit to big.

all the best.

Siysiy

I'd suggest deciding what you want, then return later with a note with it written on it, ask a clerk where to find it while reading from your note, and don't worry about security or other shoppers, yes it does feel really self-conscious at first, but it gets easier then becomes enjoyable. You never know, you get the cute cashier pass you their phone number with your receipt, you might even get a note like "if these are for you, well I'm into ABDL as well, would you like to go for a coffee sometime?" well we can all dream!

90% of my stuff I order online which I know is an issue for people still living with their parents. But think of it this way; a baby can't buy things for themselves and it's a pain to bring kids with you to the store so the cashier is ALWAYS going to assume that you are buying it for a baby. I worked as a cashier for 6 years at an upscale grocers. I NEVER cared what people bought and the only time I ever thought it was funny is when a guy in a really nice suit came through my line buying condoms, lube and a cucumber with an issue of the wallstreet journal. I so baly wanted to ask him if he had a fun night planned but even then I kept a straight face and said nothing.

I find myself drawn to the baby isle while grocery shopping. It seemed funny to be buying diaper cream for myself! Not long after that I eyed the diaper bags in Wal Mart.

Howdy21 said:
I find myself drawn to the baby isle while grocery shopping. It seemed funny to be buying diaper cream for myself! Not long after that I eyed the diaper bags in Wal Mart.

I actually have a diaper bag that I use as a purse. It is pink, brown and white. They don't have any cute animals or anything on it but it came with a TON of little extra bags that come in super handy. I highly recommend anyone get one!

I am always eyeing out the baby section. When I go for long walks sometimes I like to pick up a teething ring, powder, wipes or sippie cups. It seemed strange at first, but than I got used to it.

I like to buy packing tape and stickers so I can improve the shoddy depends with DIY diaper tapes. I still feel nervous buying depends in public, but going to a place with a self-serve check-out helps heaps. However, I buy most of my diapers online becuase they are better than those awful store-bought ones and saves the embarassment. But I know living with parents can make this hard.

OriginalT said:

I can totally relate. I haven't gotten much from the store but anytime I do get something I'm really nervous. Going to a self check-out line really helps though, that's how I got the courage up to buy my first pacis. It also helps if you buy your sippy (or other similar item) with some groceries, people won't pay any attention to you that way. And don't stress about the cameras, like it was mentioned before that's totally focused on catching shoplifters, not people just buying groceries or whatever else.

If a casier would ask me: "For who is it?" I would tell her: "for me, obviously." She would get a good laugh because she would think it's a joke. Laught on you, I'm not kidding :DDDDD

I get such a rush buying baby things. Even if it has no use for me. I have a 19 mo nephew so I was able to buy some stuff for a real reason. I loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back