Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hey all was wondering if anyone had tried these at all http://rearz.ca/bulky-fitted-nighttime-cloth-diaper/
Just bought the hello kitty night time diaper and I am super excited to try it but haven't heard much about these cloth diapers and was wondering people's thoughts on it?

ive been wondering about these also. rearz is a bit expensive for me right now so i havent gotten one. :sad:

These look ideal for me. I like wearing a diaper to bed at night, but disposables and plastic pants are too hot for me. Since I (usually) don't wet while I'm asleep, these should work well. I'll order two or three after the holidays and report back. Thanks, SweetPrincess, for posting the link!

Hi I have tried these diaper out and they are great to wear. The diaper is thick and comfortable.These are good for bedtime but I like to boost the diaper with a prefold cloth diapers also from Rearz.

Last edited:
How thick are they compared to, say, a premium AB disposable or AB training pants? Any idea?

sbmccue said:
These look ideal for me. I like wearing a diaper to bed at night, but disposables and plastic pants are too hot for me. Since I (usually) don't wet while I'm asleep, these should work well. I'll order two or three after the holidays and report back. Thanks, SweetPrincess, for posting the link!

glad you found it helpful :) I already ordered my hello kitty one and can't wait to try it out. Never had a cloth diaper before so I can't wait. I find washing them if you had 3 or four would save a lot of money than buying disposables as well though disposables do have their pluses as well.

I ordered three of these from Rearz, and finally got to try them this weekend. They are like wearing a big, soft cloud ... very thick and (with well-attached Velcro®) very secure.

They'll be prefect for nighttime wear without plastic pants, although my large Gary pants fit over them with no problem. These are - I'm guessing here - about three times as thick as Gary training pants.

If you just 'dribble' at night, I imagine the Rearz fitted Nighttimes are a substantially cooler alternative to AIOs, disposables, or pocket diapers.

I got mine too and I tested it with a glass of water and you know what happened? It soaked the carpet. Good thing it was just one glass. It went straight through the cloth backing and into the carpet underneath. Utterly disappointed with it to be honest A diaper is meant to hold the liquid not let it escape through the other side.

Seriously? That’s valuable information ... thanks!

I wouldn’t have thought anything would “run right through,” as thick as these are.

SweetPrincess said:
I got mine too and I tested it with a glass of water and you know what happened? It soaked the carpet. Good thing it was just one glass. It went straight through the cloth backing and into the carpet underneath. Utterly disappointed with it to be honest A diaper is meant to hold the liquid not let it escape through the other side.

It says in the product description that the diapers aren't waterproof and require a waterproof cover. You need an all in one (regardless of their dubious effectiveness) if you want to try that trick without plastic pants or similar. The capacity of a cloth diaper isn't about how much it holds in a single point but with the barrier pant, the wetness will be distributed throughout the product before long.

SweetPrincess said:

Mmmm. These are meant to be used with a waterproof cover. Says so right on the product page:

Rearz said:
These diapers are not waterproof and should be combined with a waterproof cover.

You didn't buy a cover?

These diapers are just the absorbent part--not unlike prefolds, flats, contours, and so many other cloth diapers. Your experiment would have produced the same result if you'd managed to separate the absorbent core from a disposable diaper and poured water on it. Diapers of all kinds generally depend on a waterproof outer cover of some kind to ensure that liquid remains in contact with the absorbent part long enough to be absorbed. Cotton, SAP, ... they all need time.

Oh I bought a diaper cover or plastic pants if that's what you mean. Again I was rather disappointed. The plastic was ok not soft and the edges of the pant are somewhat jagged or sharp. Not what I expected of a premium company. I get better value for money from here https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-pcs-ADULT-BABY-PLASTIC-PANTS-PVC-incontinence-P005/391939252189
Those are really soft and comfortable and work and get 3!

I didn't read the part where it said it wasn't water proof. It was a happy coincidence that I bought the plastic pants along with it. I kind of always though the plastic pants were for added protection in case of leaks out the side etc. NOT because of the diaper's inability of soaking up water and letting it flow right through it. Disappointed as again it was a more premium price so I expected a premium product. In the end I found a better cloth diaper here:https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adult-b...nappy-Ship-from-Sydney-M-L-L-XXL/302282774166
With you know an actual plastic outer for it to stop it from flowing right through it. I must say they are more comfortable too and cheaper.

SweetPrincess said:
Oh I bought a diaper cover or plastic pants if that's what you mean. Again I was rather disappointed. The plastic was ok not soft and the edges of the pant are somewhat jagged or sharp. Not what I expected of a premium company. I get better value for money from here https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-pcs-ADULT-BABY-PLASTIC-PANTS-PVC-incontinence-P005/391939252189
Those are really soft and comfortable and work and get 3!

I didn't read the part where it said it wasn't water proof. It was a happy coincidence that I bought the plastic pants along with it. I kind of always though the plastic pants were for added protection in case of leaks out the side etc. NOT because of the diaper's inability of soaking up water and letting it flow right through it. Disappointed as again it was a more premium price so I expected a premium product. In the end I found a better cloth diaper here:https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adult-b...nappy-Ship-from-Sydney-M-L-L-XXL/302282774166
With you know an actual plastic outer for it to stop it from flowing right through it. I must say they are more comfortable too and cheaper.

Well, again, you wouldn't wet the padding of a disposable diaper without the shell of the diaper on. The exact same thing would happen. It doesn't really have anything to do with "premium" or not. Countless millions of babies have been diapered in cotton + cover, and it works very well. In fact, it's widely accepted that a prefold or flat cloth diaper with pull-on cover is one of the surest ways to stay dry at night--if one has issues with that. And yet, if you peed in a prefold without a cover, it would go right through, just like you saw.

The only trouble I see with the all-in-one cloth diaper you linked is that it has a PVC cover. PVC is never seen on baby diapers or incontinence diapers, and for one very important reason: It can't go in the dryer. The heat drastically shortens its life, and may even ruin it immediately. This is very unfortunate, because all-in-one diapers also take longer to dry than any other kind of cloth diaper (because the moisture can only evaporate through one side). My advice to anybody buying cloth diapers is to make sure they can go in the dryer. If you don't have access to laundry machines or your diapers aren't dryer-safe, then you probably won't use your diapers much, because they'll be drying 99% of the time. It's true! (The exception to that would be if you have a LOT of diapers in a rotation.)

PVC-covered diapers can't even go in the sun, so if you line-dry them, they have to be in the shade. Otherwise the UV and heat will wreck the cover.

The eBay auction does mention that the diapers must be line-dried, and only in the shade.

You might be wondering: Why make a cloth diaper that can't be washed/dried normally? One answer is: Because some ABDLs like crinkly diapers, and PVC can provide that. But it comes at a pretty terrible cost, usability-wise. :-/ So I would strongly caution other prospective cloth wearers to stay away from the eBay diapers you linked. They're cute, but not nearly as functional as a diaper with a PUL cover, or a cover made of some other dryer-safe material. Cloth diapers are work enough as it is. Don't make it harder on yourself if you can avoid it.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Well, again, you wouldn't wet the padding of a disposable diaper without the shell of the diaper on. The exact same thing would happen. .
Yeah and that is the reason why I like the PVC ones........Because the cloth ones without the plastic pants are rather useless. Just not my style all right. IMO I would have the same kind of protection as stuffing clothes into my underwear without the plastic pants.

Cottontail said:
The only trouble I see with the all-in-one cloth diaper you linked is that it has a PVC cover. PVC is never seen on baby diapers or incontinence diapers, and for one very important reason: It can't go in the dryer. The heat drastically shortens its life, and may even ruin it immediately. This is very unfortunate, because all-in-one diapers also take longer to dry than any other kind of cloth diaper (because the moisture can only evaporate through one side).
PVC-covered diapers can't even go in the sun, so if you line-dry them, they have to be in the shade. Otherwise the UV and heat will wreck the cover.

You know I washed and dried both diapers and you know which one dried first? Yep the PVC one by a whole 24 hours. Not in the sun just on the line in the shade too. Not being able to go into the dryer is fine because I don't use one and not going in the sun is fine too because I rarely hang stuff in the sun either anyway. So for me and my situation the PVC ones work better.

Also your idea of a "terrible cost" is rather subjective if you ask me. Depends on your style of doing things as with me as said above work perfectly fine. Cautioning others to stay away is rather intrusive as these for me are exactly what I've been looking for. And blindly telling others to stay away when it could be exactly what they've been looking for is not particularly helpful.

SweetPrincess said:
Also your idea of a "terrible cost" is rather subjective if you ask me. Depends on your style of doing things as with me as said above work perfectly fine. Cautioning others to stay away is rather intrusive as these for me are exactly what I've been looking for. And blindly telling others to stay away when it could be exactly what they've been looking for is not particularly helpful.

Oh gosh, not subjective at all. Again, you won't find that material used on baby diapers and incontinence products. That's not because of some baseless prejudice, it's because PVC as a cover material actually does suck. It's won't stand up to the manner of laundering used by most people these days. Why buy something that's harder to care for if you don't have to? :shrug:

Don't shoot the messenger.

Cottontail said:
Oh gosh, not subjective at all. Again, you won't find that material used on baby diapers and incontinence products. That's not because of some baseless prejudice, it's because PVC as a cover material actually does suck. It's won't stand up to the manner of laundering used by most people these days. Why buy something that's harder to care for if you don't have to? :shrug:

Don't shoot the messenger.

The messenger normally doesn't order people around on what to buy so yeah I might actually. Did you see me after I didn't like the Rearz diapers say "Hey everyone don't buy these they suck!" No you didn't. To each his own.

Last edited:
SweetPrincess said:

Almost all cloth diapers require a waterproof cover like plastic pants. Only a few are waterproof on the outside. User Error ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back