Status
Not open for further replies.

Howdy21

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
What do you prefer and how do you use baby oil, diaper cream and baby powder. Are there any other AB items I should be thinking about? I used diaper cream for the first time today. It's satisfying knowing I've got this interest.

I use some baby powder most of the time. It's more for the scent than practical considerations. Occasionally, I use lotion. Rarely do I use baby oil.

I don't have anything against any if them aside from inconvenience. Cleaning my hands enoigh after to avoid fouling the tapes is a consideration.

By 'diaper cream,' I assume you mean Desitin or something similar. Diaper rash preventatives certainly serve their purpose!

Years ago, I became somewhat addicted to the smell of the original Mennen Baby Magic, which is no longer made. The brand was purchased by Naterra in 2008, and the scent is no longer the same.

FWIW, I had a number of caregivers back then who loved the Baby Magic smell as well, and told me so. It's interesting how we remember how something smells decades later.

I still have a couple of bottles of the modern Baby Magic, and the nanny I have now likes to use it at changing time and after baths. We use baby powder very sparingly; it tends to become an irritant if it gets in places it should not. Vaseline nursery jelly is also a good wetness barrier, and it really feels good when it's being applied.

Hi

I use baby wipes between changes and baby powder to make sure it's all dry.

Baby cream to stop getting sore as nappy rash can be a right pain in the bum.

And baby oil for giving my little back rubs when I'm with him.

Siysiy

I use talc free baby powder to keep things dry and low on friction. (talc has been shown to up the risk of ovarian cancer)

Cream to combat rashes, which I am extremely prone to.

I've not used baby oil because I usually indulge in other nice smelling things after my bath.

I gave up using baby powder several years ago as it didn't seem to hold up for very long. I do use baby lotion. The best is probably Aveeno Baby Lotion because it has Dimethicone in it, something hospitals use on diabetic feet. I also like J & J Nighttime lotion because of the smell. If I'm regressing, I might put Baby Oil on top of the lotion simply because of the smell and it seems like the most babyish of all the items mentioned.

Generally I use a bit of talc (J&J Baby Powder) but I sometimes use baby lotion. I use the lotion for the scent.

I sometime use talcum powder (mostly for the scent), but that's it. I'm extremely grateful I don't have ovaries heheh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use a barrier cream at all anymore, unless I get a rash, which I haven't had in forever *knocks on wood*. A light poofing of powder goes in front and back of every diaper. Only thing I use baby oil for is for baths. Its done amazing things for my skin and keeps it nice and hydrated unlike any lotion, even the diabetic lotions.

I currently don't use either diaper cream or baby powder, but I should probably start. My main problem with diapers is the leg cuff rubbing against my skin. Is there a product that can help with that?

BabyMozart, try rubbing some powder or use some sort of barrier cream in the area where the leg cuffs are rubbing. Helps keep the friction down. Only other thing is it sounds like you are putting the bottom tapes on too tight. Loosen them just a little bit. You should be easily able to fit a finger or two into the diaper in that area.

For us older babies who use cloth diapers with plastic pants, keep in mind that most creams attack the plastic pants making them brittle and crack. If I need diaper rash ointment, I apply after diaper time.

I mostly use baby powder for the smell :3
Sometimes use Diaper cream when it starts to get a little irritated...

Send from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Howdy21 said:
What do you prefer and how do you use baby oil, diaper cream and baby powder. Are there any other AB items I should be thinking about? I used diaper cream for the first time today. It's satisfying knowing I've got this interest.

Steer clear of Johnson & Johnson well they are a family company; last few years they've
been busted read handed for telling LIES to consumers. Some of their products have
cancer causing elements. It was found in a high numbers and they lied for years.
If I can't just the stuff in the item, then I'm not buying it.

I use baby powder if my diaper will be dry for a long time, as it avoids sweating/chaffing. If I will be in a wet diaper for a long period of time, I use a barrier cream like desitin or A&D to lock moisture out of my skin. I find barrier cream to make for a more comfortable long-term diaper session such as overnight wearing or road trips, and it prevents diaper rash, which is a plus.

Agent66 said:
Steer clear of Johnson & Johnson well they are a family company; last few years they've
been busted read handed for telling LIES to consumers. Some of their products have
cancer causing elements. It was found in a high numbers and they lied for years.

It's the talc, and people with ovaries should avoid powders containing talc, Just to be safe. Luckily, there are now plenty of baby powder options that are talc free. I myself like Gold Bond's baby powder. It smells a little different, but I love the feel on my skin, and it works wonders.

I use diaper cream in the groin area where diaper rash can be a problem Boardeux butt cream or Desitin. Baby lotion on my skin on my legs and diaper area. I always use baby powder on a fresh (cloth) diaper and between my legs. I love the smell and feel of these products.

I use J & J baby powder at each diaper change, both inside the diaper and between the cloth diaper and plastic pants. If I have a rash, I use Desitin or zinc oxide ointment where the rash is.

Agent66 said:

I have heard this as well and it makes me reluctant to use Johnson and Johnson talc, the only thing is I love the smell! Are there any others which have the same baby smell but without the dangerous chemicals?

philly123 said:
I have heard this as well and it makes me reluctant to use Johnson and Johnson talc, the only thing is I love the smell! Are there any others which have the same baby smell but without the dangerous chemicals?

My understanding is that the problem is 'talc'. Therefore, just look for anything that doesn't have talc.

Also (again this is my understanding), the problem was possible cancer being caused by talc FOR WOMEN. If the talc gets into the vagina. Since your a guy, I really don't think you have a problem.

Full disclosure - I have used J&J Baby Powder all my life and have no qualms about continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back