windows 10 sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
my pc broke yesterday, and since i was gonna reinstall the OS because of this, i decided to give windows 10 a chance.

i installed it, and all i could think of was: wtf is this, wtf is that, wtf happened to this, fuck your edge browser, fuck your file management system, why the fuck can't i do this, why the fuck can't i do that, where the fuck is this, where the fuck is that..!

it took less than an hour until i said fuck this shit, reformated the disk, and wiped out that trash from my pc forever. i disliked win10 since it was announced, but i had no idea i'd hate it THAT much. it made me really mad because of how terrible it is

It's certainly taking Microsoft some time to recover from the experiment that was Windows 8. I've gotten used to 10, but it does feel like a step backwards in some ways. The Start menu, for instance, is less useful than ever. If I haven't pinned something to the Start bar, then it'll be faster just to type its name into the Search box than to find it anywhere in the start menu. (Although the search feature, for reasons I can't fathom, often prefers to find me web pages about some particular program than the program itself, even when I have that program installed on my computer!)

Mostly I wish that Microsoft would just get back to software fundamentals. For instance: It would really make my day if I could fire up my computer, log in, see the desktop appear, and actually start working. But alas! As it has been for decades, one gets to the desktop and is immediately halted by an unseen wall of background processing that makes the computer unusable for another minute or two. Mucking around with service settings helps a little, but really? Damn. Just...fix that! Apple has Microsoft's ass thoroughly kicked in this department: I can fire up my Mac, be at the desktop in a similar amount of time--maybe even a little quicker--and wow! I can actually launch an app! Imagine. :-/

I don't like windows 10 either but I installed it on my computer and had a few issues but I worked them out I build my own computers so I had to give it a try but ultimatly I wish microsoft would have just left windows 10 out and just leave windows XP alone it was the best operating system.

I have both a Windows 10 computer and my Ipad and the Ipad is so much quicker and to the point. Just tap on what I want and there it is, even The Washington Post, and that's a big app.

Microsoft has basically never come out with anything decent. The least terrible Windows operating system was Windows 2000. If you're not a gamer, use Linux. It's free, fast, and actually works. There are lots of different distributions ("distros") of Linux. I use Linux Mint.

Is Linux mint like windows people say it is but I don't think so at all. Sorry I'd this is not on topic?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

it's nice to see that everyone agrees that windows 10 is bad. i tried linux once and it was kinda.. ehh.. not what i'd wanna use. besides, linux and gaming don't mix

Marka said:
I'll probably ride Win-7, till it can't hold air, anymore

that's exactly what i'm doing

I liked Win 7 and I knew how to use it as much as I needed to, but I upgraded to 10 because I hadn't learnt my lesson yet. After a month I ditched the laptop it was on and bought a refurbished laptop and a desktop with 7 which, like Marka, I will use until the hackers take control of it which is what I assume will happen in 2020. I was also gifted an older iMac, and I bought an iPad mini 4 and an iphone SE just recently. I even had a new customed iMac retina 4 with lots of grunt and a SSD on order but I cancelled the order when the iphone was upgraded a couple of months ago and the classy looking dialling pad was changed to an ugly piece of crap I would expect to see on a $10 supermarket phone. I'm not buying anymore new tech because I'm beginning to think Microsoft and Apple are deliberately ruining their OS's so we buy the next whiz bang device. Why would I spend that much money to buy an iphone X when Apple has just changed the look of my A$650 SE and the keypad on my A$799 ipad which I can't seem to use as easily because? I'm over the whole frustrating and disappointing business, and my old tech will do me until life puts me to sleep once and for all.

My company is migrating from Windows 7 to 10. For our hardware 10 is doing fine. Our newer PCs with solid state drives fly.

That being said I am liking 10 more than 8 or Vista. It has it's quirks but overall our userbase has picked it up quickly (which is saying something ).

I don't use the start menu at all. I type what I want in the search box or have just a few icons for the things I access on a regular basis.

The thing that slows ours down so much is all of the corporate antivirus and monitoring tools we are forced to use. It's like taking a decent machine and giving it a huge handicap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Marka said:
Sorry, I almost missed your question... (use "Reply With Quote", to get attention)

My answer: Yes and, No...

There are some counter-intuitive (compared to Windows), options - such as, the various desk-tops that you can choose... File System, syntax - is a bit different/ graphically, similar... I would recommend, playing around with the CD/DVD installation - that is, you run it off the CD/DVD; you don't install it to your hard-drive... I would also recommend, not trying a side-by-side install - with any other OS... years ago, I didn't understand what I was doing, I didn't understand the syntax relating to physical drives... I did a side-by-side, Ubuntu with a Windows OS... and wiped the widows out... completely and irrecoverably...

They do have a lot of great information to read and, take your time with... For me, it was empowering, to get off of the MS-Windows teat... even if, just tentative steps...

I pretty well ran Mint for nearly a year without any major problems... their hardware support is much improved too... -Marka
Hey Marka, what Linux mint distro do you use? In your opion do you like Linux then windows? I look forward to hearing from you thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Windows 10 works OK but it was never my OS of choice. Unfortunately Commodore went under in the 90's thanks to horrific management. Imagine where the Amiga would be if it had continued to be developed and kept it's lead in where it excelled? Emulation is cool and I love going back to my old system of choice but there are some things that I cannot do with it.

Personally windows 10 is fine with me. With one minor change. The first thing I install after 10 on any computer is "classic shell". Which wipes out the garbage start menu and replaces it your choice of the older start menus.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I use to think the same thing until I realized Windows 10 isn't that bad.

Windows NT is terrible and the Windows registry system is garbage. So Windows 10 ain't to shabby, just it's whole foundation and underlying architecture is (cough cough)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GabeG23 said:
Is Linux mint like windows people say it is but I don't think so at all. Sorry I'd this is not on topic?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

If you're not heavy into gaming, program development, or INTENSELY customizing your OS (with scripts and such, not just organizing folders etc.) every OS is extremely similar IMO.

Every "typical" OS (Windows, Linux Mint/Ubuntu, OS X) that 90% of home users have heard of are nearly identical. There's directories for music, pictures, videos, and programs (or you can create directories for such things which is usually what is done by default). There's a desktop where you can right click and left click. There's a web browser to download new programs to install and download/consume content as well as an application manager to download new programs (Windows Store, Mac App Store, Linux Software Center).

Windows is awesome cause everything runs on it, that's a huge strength it has that's worth Keeling in mind and gives it significant relevance, but also probably contributes to its bugginess/lack of stability. If not being able to play every game or use Microsoft Office isn't an issue, then that pretty much kills the only thing Windows has going for it.

Of ALL the digital machines in the world, PCs, a handful of servers, and Xboxes I suppose, are the only systems that use Windows. Every other device uses Unix or a Unix-like system and it's not just because Unix is usually free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naaa Win 10 is fine

with the ongoing introduction of Fluent Design in Win 10 even the best and most modern looking OS ever IMO :)

Footiesallday said:
naaa Win 10 is fine

with the ongoing introduction of Fluent Design in Win 10 even the best and most modern looking OS ever IMO :)

That's just the user-interface, though. And in this day-and-age, it's really quite incredible that Microsoft try to restrict you so rigidly to using their like-it-or-lump-it GUI.

There's so much going on that doesn't serve any useful purpose. It's a matter of personal taste, of course. But... I much prefer a simpler GUI like XFCE or Windows XP classic theme. What else do you really need?

Win 10 is not AS BAD as Windows 8, it's actually quite useable once you get used to it. Win XP and Win 7 will always be my favorites, XP imo was the peak of Windows. If I weren't a gamer, I'd move to Linux ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back