Abena Tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchtopK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Anyone else seeing issues with the right side tapes on Abena L4's?

For the least the last two bags I've gone through, the machine must have been misaligned for the right side tapes. they are not on the plastic, just the non-woven sheet and so they don't hold. had to reinforce the right side with packing tape. Makes you wonder how many slipped by before someone noticed and fixed the machine.

I work in a factory and regularly deal with Quality Control. If it's something that you can look at and easily see that it's wrong, it probably didn't take long for them to catch on. If it looks right, but just doesn't work right, they may still have yet to catch their mistake. The other option is that someone noticed that they messed up, but didn't want to get in trouble, and thus passed it on through.

No issues here. The tapes used to tear years ago.

ArchtopK said:
Anyone else seeing issues with the right side tapes on Abena L4's?

For the least the last two bags I've gone through, the machine must have been misaligned for the right side tapes. they are not on the plastic, just the non-woven sheet and so they don't hold. had to reinforce the right side with packing tape. Makes you wonder how many slipped by before someone noticed and fixed the machine.
IF you have the bag they came in look on the side of the bag for a lot number and have the UPC code ready and call or email your supplier of adult diapers and they can get with Abena and get to the bottom of it. The supplier should be able to issue you some sort of a credit towards future purchases of the X Plus L4's. So far all of my stock on hand is okay, Or if you wish contact Abena directly yourself.

I go through the nonsense with calling and reporting bad tapes to PBI and sending them 2 sample diapers so they can test them and verify that are bad , considering how little I do, sitting around is not sressfull on diaper tapes , I should be the first and last word regarding a bad tape on there product, I also should be reimbursed for my stock in tape company's, because blowing a tape well out and about is a pain in my diaper area so I always tape over them as insurance,I have considered several times of starting a worldwide bad tape diaper flaw with all the identifying info , so people could reference it and see what the reporting status on the flaw is , I can imagine I would not make friends in the diaper industry by calling them out and shining the light , I know PBI acts like its news to them everytime i report bad ones however they have so frequent failures its obvious there quality control or manufacturing standards is problematic , they always remind me they buy the tapes from another company and attach them , i tell them i know there are only like 5 diaper tape companies in N.A what's so hard about demanding what you pay for with random quality and performance evaluations before attaching them to your product ?.
Sorry rant off!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've had a box of Abena XL4s with QC issues - tapes not in the same positions both sides, tapes on the right side not attached properly to the back sheet.

Best tape I've found to strengthen the diaper tapes is ice hockey sock tape. Clear, strong, stretchy, sticky

I have had diapers that when you try to tape them, they missed attaching the entire tape and you have a completely use less free tape, I like the sound ofbthe hockey I will have to get some to try , I have been using clear packing tape , people want crinkle that delivers.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I just thought I was putting them on to tight

--> DiaperLuv

I hope it straightens out because I really like these. I will send some data over to Northshore and let them know. But I will jot it down here so it is documented. These are the ABENA ABRI-FORM L4 product #4168 Lot #122900940972D.

The lot number is the key and it is printed on the actual diaper.

ArchtopK said:
The lot number is the key and it is printed on the actual diaper.

And/or on the bag. ABDL diapers don't usually have microprint on each diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back