Status
Not open for further replies.

intfusmil

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I reeeaaallllly want to try Kiddo diapers but can't seem to find anything but samples. My size varies between medium and large. Although I've never tried them, I think I would favor large (I prefer the classic, "high butt" above the waist look anyway). Any resources or info?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Since you haven't tried them, a sample seems ideal to me. Diapers are very personal and you never quite know whether they're going to be good for you or not based on pics or descriptions. If you insist on wanting more without a sample, I'd suggest emailing ABU and asking if they have any timing in a restock.

ABU bought the rights to Kiddo, but whether they did it to simply remove a player from the market or because they intend to carry them as a new product, I don't know. I hope they have scheduled another manufacturing run. Right now the only diapers available are the samples floating around, all the large quantities have been bought up.

I'm wearing one of the last Kiddo I have, I was only able to get a bag or two because I got to the store late. (their stock went fast)

IMHO they're the most comfortable single-tape diaper available, having generous soft padding, good elastic, and a rear AND front elastic waistband. IIRC all of the single tape diapers lack front elastic, and with the demands of a single tape that generally means less comfort around the waist.

bambinod said:
ABU bought the rights to Kiddo, but whether they did it to simply remove a player from the market or because they intend to carry them as a new product, I don't know. I hope they have scheduled another manufacturing run. Right now the only diapers available are the samples floating around, all the large quantities have been bought up.

I'm wearing one of the last Kiddo I have, I was only able to get a bag or two because I got to the store late. (their stock went fast)

IMHO they're the most comfortable single-tape diaper available, having generous soft padding, good elastic, and a rear AND front elastic waistband. IIRC all of the single tape diapers lack front elastic, and with the demands of a single tape that generally means less comfort around the waist.

ABU would never buy a brand just to take it off the market. We love the Kiddo diaper and our customers love them too - we cannot keep them in stock. We have more productions scheduled, but we dont have an estimated back in stock date unfortunately due to the holidays.

klo555 said:
ABU would never buy a brand just to take it off the market. We love the Kiddo diaper and our customers love them too - we cannot keep them in stock. We have more productions scheduled, but we dont have an estimated back in stock date unfortunately due to the holidays.

Hooray! Yes we do love them and I can’t wait for more of them to arrive in Australia.

klo555 said:

That's wonderful news, thanks for the update!

These are my favorite diapers, The cut fits me perfectly, the front and rear waistbands keep the diaper tighter to my body, the tapes are awesome. I wish abu would take the waist band an incorporate it into the sdk's.

Who made the kiddo diaper before ABU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squishypants said:
Who made the kiddo diaper before ABU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duh. Doesn't the name make it clear? "The kiddos" made it!

[emoji23]

I had to order mine on eBay from the "Incontinence Shop" I think it was called and have them shipped from the UK to Eastern Canada. Cost me a pretty penny to get 2 bags of 10 here (Something like 80-90 Canadian) after shipping, currency conversion etc but it was the only reasonable option as ABU has been out of Stock of Large for ever and cant seem to provide a timeline for re-stock.

If you want them bad enough, Its worth it. I love em. Glad I made the plung and splurged a bit to get them

Just an FYI to all that are between medium and large sizes, these diaper run a bit smaller than the normal abu large, they kinda have the same length as a large bambino bellesimo, better dry, or bare bums. I like to have a higher diaper so I went with large, I think the intention with this diaper was to allow it to be discreetly worn under clothes and for it to fit like underwear.

I'd like to give these diapers a try. The packaging is kind of confusing, though. When I first saw it, I was like, "Ok, so these diapers have prints of a grown-up-looking rabbit with Pikachu-esque markings wearing old-school pilot's goggles? What the fuck?!" And then, surprise! The diapers look nothing at all like that, and in fact have a completely dissimilar art style.

I'm guessing that, if ABU reruns these, they'll tidy up the packaging and/or the prints to get them on the same page. Because the combination, as it stands, is really kind of bizarre.

Cottontail said:
I'd like to give these diapers a try. The packaging is kind of confusing, though. When I first saw it, I was like, "Ok, so these diapers have prints of a grown-up-looking rabbit with Pikachu-esque markings wearing old-school pilot's goggles? What the fuck?!" And then, surprise! The diapers look nothing at all like that, and in fact have a completely dissimilar art style.

I'm guessing that, if ABU reruns these, they'll tidy up the packaging and/or the prints to get them on the same page. Because the combination, as it stands, is really kind of bizarre.

They are a little uncoordinated. I also don't personally care much for the aqua blueish-green scheme and the pattern isn't interesting, but the fit and comfort are outstanding.

ABU is known for periodically introducing new art - it'd be nice to see the "gen 2 kiddos" with some improved shell art. The pikachu-rabbit theme is okay I guess...? and yes one would expect that on the diaper given the bag, as is the case in aprox 100% of the diapers we see today. I can't think of any other example of where a character on the bag isn't exactly what you get on the diaper?

bambinod said:
They are a little uncoordinated. I also don't personally care much for the aqua blueish-green scheme and the pattern isn't interesting, but the fit and comfort are outstanding.

ABU is known for periodically introducing new art - it'd be nice to see the "gen 2 kiddos" with some improved shell art. The pikachu-rabbit theme is okay I guess...? and yes one would expect that on the diaper given the bag, as is the case in aprox 100% of the diapers we see today. I can't think of any other example of where a character on the bag isn't exactly what you get on the diaper?
The current art is what is drawing me personally. The packaging doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Looking around, there isn't a lot out there with all around print (key phrase to my interest) that doesn't contain a lot of purple's and pink. Nothing wrong with that, just not what I'm looking for.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bambinod said:
I can't think of any other example of where a character on the bag isn't exactly what you get on the diaper?

The art on the Crinklz pack is of a white tiger cub wearing what looks to be a cute white diaper with an almost pastel coloured taping panel where Crinklz don’t have a taping panel and are covered in vibrant cartoony characters which seems the polar opposite of what I assumed they were advertising.

I am a bit biased as I love the colour, patterns, fit and design of Kiddos.

I found Crinklz ok as well.

Argent said:
The art on the Crinklz pack is of a white tiger cub wearing what looks to be a cute white diaper with an almost pastel coloured taping panel where Crinklz don’t have a taping panel and are covered in vibrant cartoony characters which seems the polar opposite of what I assumed they were advertising.

I am a bit biased as I love the colour, patterns, fit and design of Kiddos.

I found Crinklz ok as well.

Interesting observation! That never occurred to me, but you're right, the character on the bag isn't wearing the diaper IN the bag. So drawing the diaper on the character on the bag, and that character is ON the diaper they're wearing, so they'd have to draw the diaper on that diaper on the character too... Inception! (or at least recursive)

I’d look on eBay, search for addl adult diaper sample and you can probably find some options. Some sellers will also create a custom listing if you just send them a message and ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back