Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Bubu

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Back story first then my question.

Alright so this is a conversation geared towards those who are on the higher end of the spectrum for hip size. Personally I'm 55 inches my wife is slightly higher. Which means we can not enjoy ABU Diapers with out some modifcations.

I reached out to ABU to see about the possibility of getting an XXL or XL in other sizes to accommodate these larger hips. The response I received was pretty typical. I completely understand and agree with thier logic.

"Unfortunately we do not. This is because there is a minimum order quantity for manufacturing that is quite high and the product wouldn't move fast enough from our warehouse for us to turn a profit while storing it. Maybe one day, but not in the near future. Good question!"

With this response I see it as maybe they are looking at it from a perspective of every print being made avaiable in a larger size. However.......

Disclaimer : This is all my thinking. I'm not trying to tell ABU how to run a business. I'm simply intersted in how much the community would be intersted in something like this.

Here goes:

How much of the community would support / need / want diapers in the next size up from ABU? Maybe on some sort of special rotation type thing. Example if ABU once every 6/12 months (Whatever) choose 1 print in a larger size and that is what we have avaiable to us. Now clearly if we have a small number of replys they probably would not entertain the idea. I'm trying to gauge interest in this to show them hey there may be something here to work with.

Thanks for listening. I'm intrigued to hear everyone's response.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Bambino Diapers can accommodate you. Give it a try!:dunno:

The problem isn't just larger sizes, it's smaller too. I'm about 31"-32". The ABU small just barely tapes on. Those are pretty much a don't fit. The mediums are so much bigger than the small that they are, to me, uncomfortable.

It'd be great for there to be an in between small and medium size .... But I know the response would be the same.

Not sure myself honestly. I could see them maybe picking one style and offering a larger size range but there would have to be demand. As your email response suggested the company themselves just don't see a market potential. Abdl products in general are already a niche market and we're all very lucky to have what we do have offered.

That being said; and I hope I don't come off as rude or insensitive it's not my intention, 55 inches seems up there. I don't know you or your wife's situation but maybe take it as an incentive to shed a few pounds if you even can. If it's not a weight issue and your just naturally that large then just keep sending emails. Someone out there is bound to offer something. Maybe look into some of the cloth diapers that are out there. I know they aren't the same thing by any stretch of the imagination but the people who make them do offer them in pretty large sizes.

I think the adult baby themed and sized disposable diaper market is most likely just going to stay predominantly medium/large unfortunately. That's just what all the machines are designed to manufacture and what the majority of our already niche market fits into at the moment.

No rudeness and your not being insensitive. It life out there. I get it there plenty of snowflakes to that would take offense. Weight loss not totally on my mind. Being more physical is. I've dropped 40 pounds by sheer walking alone in the lower half of my body. Maybe it's time to work on the "Butt" now as on the left / right front side no longer have weight left to loose there. Googles how to shrink your "Butt". Anyhow I appericate your opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back