good sites to introduce girlfriend to ABDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monacor

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello,

first of all, I am new to this forum :)
I'm an ADBL in my mid 20s and a few days ago, I told my girlfriend about ADBL. She actually reacted quiet good. She said that she has never heard of it, but she would like to learn more about it. She asked me a bit about it and I told her about the little space, DDLG, MDLB, what a caregiver is and what is a little and so on. I focused more on the the feelings of being a little, than in diapers - but i told her that diapers are a part of that.
Finally she asked me how "playing" in the little space would look like, what I would like to do.
Since I never had an ABDL relationship, I couldn't tell her exactly what it would like - also, because I feld stupid to tell her about being diapered, I mean, she knew nothing about it and i thougth that migth be a bit too much.
We agreed that I would send her a few links about the topic so she could learn more about it.
I thought about some tumblr blogs from ABDL couples or something like this.

Do you guys have any links that give a general introduction into ABDL or blogs or other sites that show or explain what ADBL is and how an ABDL relationship looks like? Anything that I could send to her, so that she can get an impression of what I am into?

Please help me :)

Go on You tube and look up Baby Mitch's "introduction to Adult baby" (I think that is the name) .

This is a real good on. I showed it to my wife when I came out to her.

Then I would also suggest that she get an account here and just go through and read the threads. That is what I did 5 yrs ago and it sure helps get an understanding and self acceptance to the situation.

Egor

Hi there, welcome, thanks for joining!

You seem to be doing the right thing by slowly easing your partner into the scene. The key to this is compromise and not becoming overbearing on what YOU want.

In terms of good sites, Wiki has a good and simple article that is worth a read. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism.

Also, why not show them this site? We are the corner of the community that is 'normal' if such a thing is possible. There is no overtly sexual content here and we have a great tone and temperament. There is little fantasy here and we always help each other out.

Here’s good!
It’s a great place to talk about the non sexual side to it & as a new to it all Big, found everyone’s really welcoming and there’s no stupid questions. x

In my opinion, the best place to introduce someone to this is BitterGrey's site, understanding.infantilism.org.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As listed above understandimginfantilism is really good for this.

Theres a lot of facebook groups directly for this, as well as for kink chat in general which have a lot of ageplayers in. A quick search with words around Ageplay and such bring up the more reputable groups. A lot of people in there tend to help out a lot with advice there too.

You're also on a decent forum for information right now. :') Suggest she makes an account maybe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MotherFaith said:
Hi there, welcome, thanks for joining!

You seem to be doing the right thing by slowly easing your partner into the scene. The key to this is compromise and not becoming overbearing on what YOU want.

In terms of good sites, Wiki has a good and simple article that is worth a read. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism.

Also, why not show them this site? We are the corner of the community that is 'normal' if such a thing is possible. There is no overtly sexual content here and we have a great tone and temperament. There is little fantasy here and we always help each other out.

Actually, I would recommend against that particular definition. When you really look at what abdl means, and then look at what a paraphila means, then you can easily see the two definitions do not match up.

Though I have to admit parahpili is a closer match to us than outright saying we have a sexual dysfunction (the previous medical term used), the medical community has a LOT further to go in understanding who and what we are. So do we for that matter.

I second Understanding Infantilism, that's what I used to inform my previous girlfriends about this side of myself. After reading it, while they may not have been accepting enough to partake in mommy/baby play with me, they at least understood this side of me and were non-judgemental about it. I think the reason Understanding Infantilism works so well is because it lays out being an AB in a intellectual yet down to earth manner.

Another resource to consider consulting would be Rosalie Bent's book 'There's A Baby in my Bed!:Learning to Live Happily With the Adult Baby in Your Relationship'. Much like Understanding Infantilism the book is very well-thought out and accessible. What I like about 'There's A Baby in my Bed' is the fact that it is written from experience and it touches upon just about everything regarding being an AB. For vanilla readers or significant others, the book is very informative on what to expect from being in a relationship with an AB and how to find balance within such a relationship. I think this would be a good resource to look into especially as a way of introducing your girlfriend to this side of you and helping her to understand what a relationship with an AB could entail.

Nice to see a few people agreeing with me on UI. Personally I probably would not go out of my way to show the significant other in question any particular forum... the fact that any information at all exists is basically proof that we exist and introducing them to a forum might be an overload of information of questionable relevance.

Among a few other "ABDL primer" books, I own "There's a Baby in my Bed!", and while writing it for the partner is a good angle, it uses some non-standard terminology and in general I feel it's a bit clinical and outdated. I mean, some of the case studies in the book mention CompuServe. Plus, I feel that offering up a physical book subtly communicates that you expect them to read the whole thing, which is far more intimidating than a web page.

Slomo said:
Actually, I would recommend against that particular definition. When you really look at what abdl means, and then look at what a paraphila means, then you can easily see the two definitions do not match up.

Though I have to admit parahpili is a closer match to us than outright saying we have a sexual dysfunction (the previous medical term used), the medical community has a LOT further to go in understanding who and what we are. So do we for that matter.

I know For you Slomo it is not a fetish. But we know for many othersit is. I would choose Wikipedia as its a well known, can be broadly trusted and will be familiar for the OP's partner. But it will not match everyone's definition.

hey,

thank you very much, you already helped me a lot :)

I think understanding.infantilism.org is a good site. Also the youtube video by Baby Mitch seems to be a good way to unterstand it, i will show both of them to her i guess.
I think I will also take a look in the book 'there's a baby in my bed' and then i will decide if it is something she could be interessted in.
Also i found a podcast named dreamalittle, this deals with coming out as an ABDL. There is an episode which is addressed directly to the vanilla partner.

@MotherFaith, yes, I will take it slow. Since ABDL is a very 'special' fetish, I won't put any presure and hope for the best :)
If you have any other sites or recommendations in general, what could help and how to introduce her into what i am into, I would be pleased if you tell me :)

Poofybutt said:
I second Understanding Infantilism, that's what I used to inform my previous girlfriends about this side of myself. After reading it, while they may not have been accepting enough to partake in mommy/baby play with me, they at least understood this side of me and were non-judgemental about it. I think the reason Understanding Infantilism works so well is because it lays out being an AB in a intellectual yet down to earth manner.

Another resource to consider consulting would be Rosalie Bent's book 'There's A Baby in my Bed!:Learning to Live Happily With the Adult Baby in Your Relationship'. Much like Understanding Infantilism the book is very well-thought out and accessible. What I like about 'There's A Baby in my Bed' is the fact that it is written from experience and it touches upon just about everything regarding being an AB. For vanilla readers or significant others, the book is very informative on what to expect from being in a relationship with an AB and how to find balance within such a relationship. I think this would be a good resource to look into especially as a way of introducing your girlfriend to this side of you and helping her to understand what a relationship with an AB could entail.
I found that book on Amazon. Apparently there is a newer version titled There is still a baby in my bed. It looks to be the original but extended with more info.

I have ordered it for my wife and I. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

lilstevie56 said:
The Big little Podcast is excellent . https://www.biglittlepodcast.com/
Oh, yeah, I'm not familiar with that particular podcast, but I've found the Dream a Little podcast to be fun and informative.

I agree... Rosalie Bent's "There's a baby in my bed" is good (but might be a little overwhelming at first in parts). Dream a Little podcast is great. Lo (the host) is very down to earth and well spoken.

My partner read there's a baby in my bed and didn't like it, I wished I read it before giving it to him. After looking at the book there was some good points in the book but we felt like it wasn't the right book for our relationship.

Can someone please post a link to this Baby Mitch video? I can't find it.

Penny Barber has an Age Play and Regression Handbook available that is meant for couples with one partner who is new to age play. If you get the girlfriend past the initial introduction and she’s willing to participate, the handbook is full of awesome tips from a pro. Understanding infantilism is very informative but it is a bit clinical and somewhat detached from the realities of living with a real ABDL, in my opinion. I’d share understanding infantilism with my shrink and the age play handbook with my girlfriend.

- - - Updated - - -

Wikihow also has some good articles that are very positive. A good one is https://m.wikihow.com/Understand-Diaper-Lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back