Best diaper for extended wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inconsurferdude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Incontinent, but posting in Diaper Talk.

I've been in some form of protection at night for most of my adult life (bladder issues), but have only been diapered full time (as opposed to pads and pull-ups) for a little over a year. My go-to diaper for daytime use has always been plastic Attends w/ waistband, which I change every three or four hours (on a good day) or more frequently as needed on days when I'm experiencing (usually minor) IBS. Over the past year my wardrobe has changed to accommodate the bulk of a diaper, and now that it's cold outside (more layers) I'm thinking I may be able to wear something thicker/more absorbent and still be discrete. I'd like to be able to go 6-8 hours between changes, if I'm only wet. At home I sometimes wear my usual Attends with a stuffer and plastic pants, but even when properly concealed this setup leads to a noticeable waddle.

I'm looking for something that will wick back into the seat instead of forming a bulge between my legs. Any ideas?

I know there are super-premium AB diapers, and I've tried some in the past, like Bambino, but they're much pricier than the Attends and the cost benefit of less frequent changes on "good" days quickly cancels out after a few "bad" days of having to change after every mess... when it occurs, my IBS presents as multiple (but small) accidents in a single morning/afternoon/evening, and usually lasts two or three days. When it's especially frequent, I'll sometimes wear plastic pants over my Attends and change every couple of hours instead of after every bowel movement to get more use out of a single diaper, but it's not ideal. I'd really prefer something that I can order in bulk and not feel wasteful for sometimes not fully using. Sorry if this is all over the place, tl;dr I need a mid-tier diaper that will last an entire day.... and at least while it's cold out I'm not too worried about bulkiness, just absorbency.

Try Forsite AM/PM diapers they are a wide diaper and have good wicking, Better dry diapers are great as well but since they have a higher Sap ratio they do not wick well just expand in the front more then other diapers I have tried

Thanks, I may give those a try! A little pricey, but still not as expensive as some of the AB diapers. I do like the tall standing leak guards.

ComfiDry 24/7 is an excellent high-capacity diaper; and I also recommend BetterDry. However, both brands have a lot of SAP (which accounts for their high capacity) but also limits the amount of wicking that occurs.

diapers with a lot of sap will swell and not wick so much, but that's what they usually use for higher capacity, so low-sap / high capacity is a bit uncommon.

Bambino's regular diapers are medium-sap and wick pretty well without a lot of swell, as do other similar models like DC Amore. Confidry 24/7 as mentioned by Inconinmiss are also at that medium level of sap. ABUniverse's Preschool might also be worth a look. For regular non-abdl diapers you can tell by the look - if they're thick and not too expensive, that's what you're going to get. (conbfidry are a bit of an exception here, they're a bit thinner but have a much wider mat of padding instead) I think molicare were that way also. Oh, also abena x-plus are medium-sap and wick well also.

Yup molicare are one of the better wicking diapers I think. And not too expensive.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

For best wicking, I'll recommend Molicare super plus, ID Slip super / maxi are also good higher capacity diapers. Seni Qattro is a very capable high absorbancy diaper, though not plastic backed, but it basically outperforms every other diaper and it's cheap.

I'm incontient myself and must rely on diapers. I usually wear for 8 hours before I'm able to change. This means high capacity diapers with a booster, yet no one knows I'm incontinent and wears diapers. Even in a business suit does my diaper not show.

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

Northshore supreme is good for wicking, and will give you a good 8 hours of use. Confidry is also good for 8 hours, but does tend to swell up more than it wicks.

A point of note for pricing. Yes, they are more expensive than attends, or even abena. However, since they easily last twice as long, their pricing for that same 8 hours can be equal to or even less than the same overall cost as "cheaper" diapers which need to be changed ever 3 hours.

Do not look at it as a price per diaper, look at it as a price per day. Of course, as you pointed out, more frequent changes for bowel movements will throw a wrench in going with the more absorbent diapers. You're just going to have to experiment with absorbency vs changes per day to suit your own needs. Hopefully without spending too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back