Cloth diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
Ok I couldn't wait. I had to run the wash and dry two times to prep the diapers. although not as easy as i anticipated. I was able to pin one on, and get my new plastic pants on. I must say these feel very nice. I also like the extra bulk between the legs. I'm looking forward to see how they feel as i am using them.
Excellent! I forget how many times I'd washed my AdultClothDiaper gauze prefolds before they seemed ready. Maybe three times. I usually give the twill ones five washes before I consider them prepped--before they've shrunk to around the size of my old diapers. The twill ones shrink more than the gauze ones, though.

I washed and dried mine 6 times, before i considered them good to go , as you wear use and wash them they get softer and more comfortable, eventually it like putting a second skin. Have a ball you cant go wrong. Just remember fragrance free soap and no dryer sheets or fabric softeners .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
Ok I couldn't wait. I had to run the wash and dry two times to prep the diapers. although not as easy as i anticipated. I was able to pin one on, and get my new plastic pants on. I must say these feel very nice. I also like the extra bulk between the legs. I'm looking forward to see how they feel as i am using them.

Good luck. I wouldn't have been able to wait either.

A word of warning about using communal coin-op machines, from someone who's been there and done that: Watch the time and move the diapers from washer to dryer and out of the dryer promptly.

Years ago, in a major American city, I left my diapers in the dryer about 10 minutes too long because I got caught on the phone. I came back into the laundry room to see a clearly mystified neighbor trying to fold my diapers! She already had her clothes in the dryer I was using.

When I snuck back to get the diapers about 15 minutes later, they were lying neatly folded on top of the dryer. I learned my lesson!

sbmccue said:
A word of warning about using communal coin-op machines, from someone who's been there and done that: Watch the time and move the diapers from washer to dryer and out of the dryer promptly.

Years ago, in a major American city, I left my diapers in the dryer about 10 minutes too long because I got caught on the phone. I came back into the laundry room to see a clearly mystified neighbor trying to fold my diapers! She already had her clothes in the dryer I was using.

When I snuck back to get the diapers about 15 minutes later, they were lying neatly folded on top of the dryer. I learned my lesson!
Heheh. Yeah... A couple of years ago, when I was first building my cloth diaper stash, I used to take the new diapers to a nearby laundromat to prep them. It went so much faster with the giant gas-heated dryers they had there. Because of how big the diapers were, I figured it would take more than a glance for somebody to work out what they were. I suspect the casual observers just thought "mattress pads" or similar. Or they just had no idea.

Howdy21 said:
So I'm ready to dive in. Contours or flat? Birdseye or gauze?http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/Adult-Cloth-Diapers/

I made a thread a bit ago asking for cloth diaper advise, I received some pretty in-depth posts about them, hope it helps you: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/112773-Any-Tips-For-A-Cloth-Diaper-Newbie

- - - Updated - - -

I'm interested in trying cloth, so I ordered some for baby-pants.
Got them this week, but I won't be able to try them until January :frown:
They arrived on Wednesday, couldn't wash them while today (Friday) and I'm going back to my parent's for Christmas tomorrow...

Yes... Thanks for the advice. I set an alarm on my phone, so I can get down there before it's done.

I'm a true cloth diaper ....lover. There are a lot of down sides to cloth diapers, if you wet them you have to wash them, the are harder to put on especialy if you pin them on, and if you decide to drop a duece you've got a hugh mess to deal with. Also, they are almost impossible to hide under your clothing. But for me nothing beats the look & feel of cloth. Also wetting them feels wonderfull. Luv those cloth diapers.

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
Yes... Thanks for the advice. I set an alarm on my phone, so I can get down there before it's done.
Be carefull in many states and laundromate washing diapers isn't allowed and they could make your diapers disappear and not in the ABDL way, if they new what good cloth diapers cost they would be confiscating and selling them back to ABDL in other places as a side business , the new underground underwear economy .

brokenbiskit said:
I'm a true cloth diaper ....lover. There are a lot of down sides to cloth diapers, if you wet them you have to wash them, the are harder to put on especialy if you pin them on, and if you decide to drop a duece you've got a hugh mess to deal with. Also, they are almost impossible to hide under your clothing. But for me nothing beats the look & feel of cloth. Also wetting them feels wonderfull. Luv those cloth diapers.
Go to Wal-Mart but frost cloth in the garden department cut to fit your diaper and drop all the deuces you want,reusable adult diapers with disposable liners , itvworks for babies it can work for us .

Welcome fellow cloth diaper friend

We don't "need" to hide diapers of anykind , we have to educate the ignorant, theres no crime in wearing or using diapers, the fact that people feel the need to hide them points to a world gone crazy , how you manage your bodily functions should not be up for debate ,do we hold public meetings as to what our heart rate or blood pressure are , no !
So what does it matter that we use diapers, there's an old saying "posession is 9/10ths of the law " and posessing drugs is an offense and in some circumstances a hammer, screwdriver or pry bar is an offense , there is no possession with intent to use diapers , don't hide your diapers just wear them if somebody notices and has the balls to take issue with it educate them, in reality no i don't advertise but i dont go out of my way to hide them ,i have worn diapers everyday for the last 24 years and can count the number of times on 1 hand with mittens that somebody has said something about them ( my normal daily diaper is an Angelfluff Ultimate 3 high rise contour). The thing that keeps people in the closet is fear , it's also what perpetuates the public's lack of knowledge , because people let fear consume them and dictate how they live , life is too short and people complicate it by fearing somebody is going to run there mouth about something that is not in anyway wrong ,the sooner people realize that the sooner they can live a more fulfilling life , what's someone going to say about diapers that is so scary and fearfull ? 99 % of people if they notice a diaper will assume its a medical need and people are notoriously shy about elimination habits , thats why bathrooms have doors and public bathrooms have stalls because everyoone wants "privacy" , like we dont hear you grunting and making little noises when your dropping off a few friends ? No need to hide cloth or disposable just be you , people either love you for who you are or they dont know you from a can of paint and are missing out because your a good person .

Tetra said:
We don't "need" to hide diapers of anykind , we have to educate the ignorant, theres no crime in wearing or using diapers, the fact that people feel the need to hide them points to a world gone crazy , how you manage your bodily functions should not be up for debate ,do we hold public meetings as to what our heart rate or blood pressure are , no !
So what does it matter that we use diapers, there's an old saying "posession is 9/10ths of the law " and posessing drugs is an offense and in some circumstances a hammer, screwdriver or pry bar is an offense , there is no possession with intent to use diapers , don't hide your diapers just wear them if somebody notices and has the balls to take issue with it educate them, in reality no i don't advertise but i dont go out of my way to hide them ,i have worn diapers everyday for the last 24 years and can count the number of times on 1 hand with mittens that somebody has said something about them ( my normal daily diaper is an Angelfluff Ultimate 3 high rise contour). The thing that keeps people in the closet is fear , it's also what perpetuates the public's lack of knowledge , because people let fear consume them and dictate how they live , life is too short and people complicate it by fearing somebody is going to run there mouth about something that is not in anyway wrong ,the sooner people realize that the sooner they can live a more fulfilling life , what's someone going to say about diapers that is so scary and fearfull ? 99 % of people if they notice a diaper will assume its a medical need and people are notoriously shy about elimination habits , thats why bathrooms have doors and public bathrooms have stalls because everyoone wants "privacy" , like we dont hear you grunting and making little noises when your dropping off a few friends ? No need to hide cloth or disposable just be you , people either love you for who you are or they dont know you from a can of paint and are missing out because your a good person .

Well said.

Well I have worn the night weight cloth diapers a few times. Kind of a pain in the ass to use while staying away from home, and my own laundry room.
Tonight I doubled them up and wow, I can barely walk. I'm laying in bed now and this is the ultra padded feeling I have been wanting. I can't get my knees together. And my large size plastic pants will Barely cover. Not sure if it will disrupt my sleep. But it feels so good I don't care. Although I have a feeling I will sleep like a baby tonight.

I wear cloth diapers almost exclusively. I really like contour style diapers but wear nighttime thick diapers to sleep in. I recently tried PUL pants over my diaper and love them. I have tried disposables, and they do have their place when I cannot do laundry for a few days. Disposables are expensive and the tapes are difficult to reposition, also because I wet a lot they leak, I can tell when my cloth diaper is about to leak and that I need to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back