and THIS is why you take new diapers out of their bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, those Better Dry look super thick. Will have to check them out.

sotexas said:
Wow, those Better Dry look super thick. Will have to check them out.

That's only half of the key to their superior absorption. The other half is the huge amount of sap they have. If you think they are thick while dry, just wait till they are soaked.

And the crazy thing is others around us STILL don't notice us wearing a diaper- even when it is hugely swollen.

Diapers do work better after being allowed to expand out side of the packaging, I did not know manufactures recommended storing them on thier sides to help with the decompression from the packaging.

Yes I agree, I too take mine out of the package and allow for them to fluff up. I will have to try storing them sideways.

Also noticed this, indeed.

Another observation, though it may be obvious: before changing into one, ''air'' the diaper out a bit (like you would shake a small carpet, lightly) and generally ''fluff'' it up by spreading it out on a solid surface

Well I agree when they package the diapers into the bags they compress the hell out of them to seal the bags. When I get them I take them out of the bag and they are placed on the shelves in my closet. And they do fluff up a bit not much but enough to be noticeable. I take the 2-3 I use in a day and make the V channel in them at one time so they are all ready for me to change.

thanks for the advice :)

i usually do this to one bag at a time. but the problem i have seen is some times the diapers can get torn by something. found that out the first time i wet it and went all over.

dlboylife said:
i usually do this to one bag at a time. but the problem i have seen is some times the diapers can get torn by something. found that out the first time i wet it and went all over.
Are you wearing Abena or Wellness briefs ? Those are the ones i have heard commonly tear and decorate with dap , I had one Abena do that to me in my Abena era , fortunately i have "brooklyn marble" so i just needed a dustpan and broom to to scoop all the diaper innerds of the floor .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I was wearing bambino at the time. I think it was from the shelf they were on. The sap didn't come out just wet through the barrier.

I will do this next time I buy padding. I always put it in my drawer when I take them out of the packaging

thanks for the advice, some new diaper storage has been ordered and i'm looking forward to trying it.

SissySimone said:
thanks for the advice, some new diaper storage has been ordered and i'm looking forward to trying it.

spiffy, what'd you get yourself?

Never ever put your diapers in the clothes dryer! You want a house fire! those tiny particles in the diapers and fibers will latch on the heating elements and will iginte let alone the plastic on the diaper will melt and catch fire! Sorry this s plain dumb!

xpluswearer said:
Never ever put your diapers in the clothes dryer! You want a house fire! those tiny particles in the diapers and fibers will latch on the heating elements and will iginte let alone the plastic on the diaper will melt and catch fire! Sorry this s plain dumb!

You might want to take a look at the screen in your dryer, I bet it needs cleaning ;)

Dryers are designed to handle flammable lint, because it's always present. The biggest hazard with dryer fires has always been "keeping your exhaust vent clean". Dryer fires tend to happen when that vent gets badly obstructed.

Though that does raise an interesting question for me... how flammable are diapers? Surely the shells are flammable, but what about the liner, and the padding? How flammable is SAP? I have no idea...

bambinod said:
You might want to take a look at the screen in your dryer, I bet it needs cleaning ;)

Dryers are designed to handle flammable lint, because it's always present. The biggest hazard with dryer fires has always been "keeping your exhaust vent clean". Dryer fires tend to happen when that vent gets badly obstructed.

Though that does raise an interesting question for me... how flammable are diapers? Surely the shells are flammable, but what about the liner, and the padding? How flammable is SAP? I have no idea...
LOL Mine is cleaned after each use. BTW If I were to have a dryer fire due to neglect my Insurance company would drop me from coverage and would not cover me for life for anything! And my insurance co dictates I have to have a smooth straight pipe from by dryer and they will inspect them when they do inspections for underwriting policies My insurance company does not mess around! And one more thing is to take the metal shell off the dryer 2 times a year and do a deep cleaning of the innards of the dryer Ideally would be to take it outdoors and use a shop vac and a high powered leaf blower or pressurized air and you would be surprised on what you will find. I have mine done in spring and again in the late fall to ensure its operating at tip top shape. good time to check belts and lube motors and belt pulleys and tighten up bolts screws and mounts.

I've seen where it was suggested taking the diaper out of the pack and stretch it out, even fold it in half long ways and pull, to help fluff it up. I can see where this might be a big help too, and have begun taking mine out of the pack. Seems to feel a bit thicker now. Thanks.

An update to a recent post I made. Just the other day I was watching a vid on youtube about a diaper review. Their suggestion was take them out of the bag. Unfold them and stretch them out. Folding them in the middle then 'massaging' them to open up the fibers so they absorb more. I've been wearing my M4s at night for some time and would occasionally get a slight leak by the morning. Since I've started this process I don't seem to be having the same problem. Sure hope so.

Thats great advice. Anyone do a little sciencing to find out if the absorbancy rate/ fluid distribution is noticeably affected? It seems like good practice anyhow but my only qualm is the chest my stash is squirrelled away in can take about 5/8 of a standard ABU case at max compression.

if you leave your diapers out unfolded make sure you cover them to keep them dust and dirt free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back