accepting yourself and binge/purge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct . regular polo shirt, baggy black pants and apron.

sgdl88 said:
I myself is still trying to get through the binge/purge cycle of being a DL although it is now much more mild compared to long time ago where i threw all my stuff away only for the feelings to come back and i ended up buying again. Nowadays i just keep the stuff without throwing them away for i know the feelings will surely return......I was wondering if any others felt this way or have an explanation as to why something like this happens.

Hi, thanks for sharing, you are taking a big step trying to understand the hows and whys you go through these cycles. You have correctly identified that self acceptance is at the core of any happiness from your desires. The binge and purge cycle is common with any kind of alternative lifestyle, kink or fetish. However you describe it there are many thousands of people out there who battle their demons around their desires on a daily basis. What you do also have to take on board is that you are in control, you are in the driving seat of all this.

Imagine you're are on a journey of discovery, you want to experiment with different things, some you like some you are not so keen on. Some may not feel comfortable to get involved in or others may cause anxiety, confusion or other feelings. The key to your journey is that you can make decisions and keep going. The binge and purge cycle is like taking a break from your path, you are at a pit stop, a highway service station. Without breaking through the thoughts and feelings you will not move onward with your journey, self acceptance comes from recognising the destination and working towards it.

Wearing diapers is not that much a bigger deal. Lots of people have much stranger, weirder or even dangerous quirks about them. Take a step back from the anxiety, fear and shame. Realise that you are not harming anyone and just living your life. It is one small part of you, one small part of many. Think about all the good things about you. Friends, family or work as examples. You are not defined by enjoying wearing diapers. You are defined by your deeds and accomplishments. Take the stigma away by taking control of your situation.

dogboy said:
...so if you can keep diaper wearing balanced with the things you have to do and be responsible for, it's a good form of mental escape...

I agree 100% with this dogboy. As humans we needs relief from the stresses of life. You are going through one of the hardest times of your life and I am glad, in a small sense, that you have some relief from this pain. It is admirable that even in your time of need and darkness you still find the time to help others. Everyone here can learn something from your approach to life and the kindness you freely share.

pampers4U said:
...Now life isn't as hard because I'm not in the so called DL or age play closet.... Having the ability to bond with real life people has made me accept myself in more ways then one and its one of the best things that has ever happened.

This is a good call from pampers4U. While not for everyone, opening up and sharing your thoughts and feelings can help with the mental suffering of a scene such as this. Keeping it all bottled up will lead to many of the stresses and anxiety we see on a daily basis throughout this community. I remember when I was a DL the relief I felt from opening up telling a few close friends. They took it well and it added to their perception of me being a little quirky. Letting it out to the right people, who will understand can really help.

This does work in all cases and this approach is not for everyone. But for me, self acceptance came by allowing others to accept me first. They knew more about me and even let me wear in front of them without fear. It felt lovely to have friends that would allow me to be myself without compromise. We live in a society where most people are caught up in their own lives and do not pay much attention to what others are doing. Finding out that none of friends cared that I had a strange kink made me feel relieved as before I was living with years of self shame and anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back