Advice for wearing on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordFluffybuttz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Alright so I plan on taking a 7.5 hour flight to London in the future. While on the flight I was thinking about wearing a diaper, incase if I had to go and didn’t want to use the plane bathroom. What advice about changing a diaper would any of y’all have. Incase if anyone is interested to know, I’d probably wear a Goodnite with boosters cause those work really well for me at night and are discreet.

:DThanks

-also-

I’m not sure if there’s a trash so if not I’d probably have to take a carry on with supplies and a zipblock bag for accidents.

for a long flight a higher end thicker diaper and plastic or PUL pants would be a better idea, 7.5 hours is a long tome for a thiner diaper even with a booster pad. also diapers that work at night may not work well when sitting down for long term and multiple wettings.
Discreet diapers are less discreet when they leak :) no one will notice you are wearing a thicker medical grade diaper.
some better diapers
Forsite AM/PM
Bettedry diaper
Dry 24/7

carry a few apare diapers with you so you can change if needed, the bathrooms in plane are small but changing can be done (just don't lean on the door)

Put some real diapers (goodnites aren't going to cut it off you want to use them) in your carry on and change once you're past security.

Also don't plan on being able to change in the plane. Most restrooms on planes are small, making changing difficult. There's also the problem of walking to the restroom carrying a bag potentially freaking people out in this age of paranoia about anything odd happening on a plane.

True, I could also wear a better diaper but I also forgot to mention that I’ll be with some people and I hope they don’t notice.

LordFluffybuttz said:
True, I could also wear a better diaper but I also forgot to mention that I’ll be with some people and I hope they don’t notice.
With boosters it would just be a noticable, if not more than a high end without.

People dont tend to take much notice of your butt area, it's more paranoia, if you are still worried wear a jumper thats a bit longer and tuck your shirt underneath in.

You will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wore a tena maxi slip and plastic pants on my recent flight to and from the U.S. with no problems.

Same as STS50, I flew long Gall (up to 12 hours) with Tena Maxi, Insert and plastic pants. I simply removed the insert in the lavatory (the trash us very small, probably too small for a diaper). If needed you can just come with a new insert and avoid the need to completely change. Nobody is paying attention to diapers, butts and so, even not security!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thin does nit equal discreete. It equals leaks, which is more obvious than just wearing a thick diaper that can do its job. Goodnites will NOT last 8 hours, nor contain even one full bladder's worth of urine (about 400-500 ml).

If you really want to wear a diaper on a plane then you are going to need a thick tabbed diaper which is capable of hold no less than 1000ml- while sitting down the whole time.

As for changing advice, practice changing in a standard bathroom stall or porta-potty first. The lack of room to move around in is a serious factor. Note that in an airplane bathroom, there is no open wall space for you to lean against in aid of changing. However, if you test the door first you can verify it will hold enough so you can (very gently) lean against the door.

The ariplane bathroom trash receptacle is also too small to accomodate a rolled up diaper (even a goodnite). However, you can open the trash can cupboard door and put it in that way. (There is no alarm to that little door).

I’m small enought that goodnites fit well and hold quite a bit but y’all might be right about them not working as well while sitting.

joelvc said:
Same as STS50, I flew long Gall (up to 12 hours) with Tena Maxi, Insert and plastic pants. I simply removed the insert in the lavatory (the trash us very small, probably too small for a diaper). If needed you can just come with a new insert and avoid the need to completely change. Nobody is paying attention to diapers, butts and so, even not security!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got patted down at one airport security check and they looked in my carry-on which was full of my inco stuff, nappies, pads pants, cream etc. Nothing was said and of I went.

ST50 said:
I got patted down at one airport security check and they looked in my carry-on which was full of my inco stuff, nappies, pads pants, cream etc. Nothing was said and of I went.

Good point. That's a lesson I also learned. To heck with what the TSA may or may not think. ALWAYS have 24 hours worth of diapers/supplies in your carry on. If your luggage gets lost you will need enough to last you till you get to your destination and can go out to buy more.

Y'know, you can also fly padded without using your diaper. Just shimmy out to use the lavatory.

I'm a big advocate of "Just do what makes you happy: Don't feel obligated to do anything you'd rather not do, or that will cause problems you'd rather not deal with." If you want to do A and B but not C, don't feel that you're forced to do C, or can't do A or B because you don't want to do C. Do A, do B, and don't do C, it's that simple. Don't feel disappointed or defeated by this, just remember you're doing it for enjoyment, so do what you enjoy, and don't do what you don't enjoy!

I'm thankful that I still have the option to wet my diaper or not, depending on how convenient or complicated it's going to make things for me. Maximize your enjoyment of life wherever you can.

suggestion: pad up, board dry, enjoy your mile-high-padding, use the lavatory, continue to enjoy yoor comfortable dry padding, get off the plane, get your luggage, and make sure that diaper is freshly soaked before you make it to the door at the airport ;) You'll love the walk among so many people in a wet diaper.

Wear a Dry 24-7 diaper and you should last the whole flight no issues. Other than that anything else would require a diaper change. As one member said you can open the trash can door and put your soiled diaper in the can no worries. Second is enjoy your flight you have other things to worry about than this.

Also remember you need to push fluids ( not alcohol) on a plane because the air on a plane is generally much drier than your used to , planes air is generally at 20% humidity , as a comparison the Sahara desert is 25 % humidity so it is dehydrating and you will need to drink more , plus if you traveling outside of your normal time zone dehdration contributes majorly to "jet lag" ,a good rule of thumb for traveling diapered is wear more diaper then you think you need , because delays happen that maybe beyond your control.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
Also remember you need to push fluids ( not alcohol) on a plane because the air on a plane is generally much drier than your used to , planes air is generally at 20% humidity , as a comparison the Sahara desert is 25 % humidity so it is dehydrating and you will need to drink more , plus if you traveling outside of your normal time zone dehdration contributes majorly to "jet lag" ,a good rule of thumb for traveling diapered is wear more diaper then you think you need , because delays happen that maybe beyond your control.

Yell, yeah that's a given. When you travel by plane thst 64oz daily minimum goes up to 100 or more.

First, as others have said, wear a quality, thick diaper. Goodnights won't cut it. The goal is to be able to go the entire flight without changing, because trying to change in an airplane lavatory would suck. I personally am an ABU fan, so any of their products should work just fine. That being said, still bring an extra diaper and some wipes in your carry-on just in case.

Second, unless you have TSA PreCheck, put your diaper on AFTER going through security! Your diaper will show up on the big body scanners they use, and you will be questioned about it. This happened to me once. I managed to avoid a pat-down by just telling the TSA agent straight up, "I am wearing a diaper." (As an off-topic side note, if you fly regularly, TSA PreCheck is a really good investment. Not only do you get to use the old metal detector (which doesn't detect diapers), you also get to skip the line and keep your shoes on.)

Third, make sure you stay hydrated. Not just because, as Tetra mentioned, the dry air on a plane will dehydrate you, but also because it will make your pee smell less, which is courteous to your fellow travelers. Needless to say, do not soil yourself on a plane. It's not fair to make everyone else smell that.

Fourth, just relax. People generally don't notice anything beyond their own limited sphere of existence, and they certainly won't suspect that you're wearing diapers. Just act normally, and no one will ever know.

Finally, since you mentioned that you're going to London: London-Heathrow Terminal 5 has a changing room separate from the bathrooms with a changing table easily big enough for an adult. I had a layover in Heathrow a few months ago, and I was able to change my diaper in there.

I hope this helps!

BabyMozart said:
First, as others have said, wear a quality, thick diaper. Goodnights won't cut it. The goal is to be able to go the entire flight without changing, because trying to change in an airplane lavatory would suck. I personally am an ABU fan, so any of their products should work just fine. That being said, still bring an extra diaper and some wipes in your carry-on just in case.

Second, unless you have TSA PreCheck, put your diaper on AFTER going through security! Your diaper will show up on the big body scanners they use, and you will be questioned about it. This happened to me once. I managed to avoid a pat-down by just telling the TSA agent straight up, "I am wearing a diaper." (As an off-topic side note, if you fly regularly, TSA PreCheck is a really good investment. Not only do you get to use the old metal detector (which doesn't detect diapers), you also get to skip the line and keep your shoes on.)

Third, make sure you stay hydrated. Not just because, as Tetra mentioned, the dry air on a plane will dehydrate you, but also because it will make your pee smell less, which is courteous to your fellow travelers. Needless to say, do not soil yourself on a plane. It's not fair to make everyone else smell that.

Fourth, just relax. People generally don't notice anything beyond their own limited sphere of existence, and they certainly won't suspect that you're wearing diapers. Just act normally, and no one will ever know.

Finally, since you mentioned that you're going to London: London-Heathrow Terminal 5 has a changing room separate from the bathrooms with a changing table easily big enough for an adult. I had a layover in Heathrow a few months ago, and I was able to change my diaper in there.

I hope this helps!
Also Amsterdam Schiphol Airport has a few of those changing rooms one I know best is at beginning of Pier F its under the Hotel Mecure and the Mc Donalds. The Changing room is good size.
Also Any Terminal at Chicago O Hare has them in many spots in many terminals.

I've flown long-haul and wore a quality diaper like Rearz Safari and a pull-up on the inside that I put some holes in before putting them on. I wore a good pair of plastic pants as well. Sure, it was a bit bulky but I didn't notice anyone staring at me and most of all, I felt secure and confident. No leaks at all and I was changed at the airport after clearing customs. Enjoy your travels!

BubbaR said:
I've flown long-haul and wore a quality diaper like Rearz Safari and a pull-up on the inside that I put some holes in before putting them on. I wore a good pair of plastic pants as well. Sure, it was a bit bulky but I didn't notice anyone staring at me and most of all, I felt secure and confident. No leaks at all and I was changed at the airport after clearing customs. Enjoy your travels!
Sitting on plane if your ass was bulky only superman knows.

You could always do a test run. Figure out total time for trip. Ride there, TSA, flight, ride where you are going. Find someplace to wear that amount of time. I guest you will not be drinking large amounts of liquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back