Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Ideas

Default Video Game Ideas

Everyone that plays video games has probably thought up some ideas for new games. Describe some of the games you've conjured up in your imagination.

A new Sonic game that doesn't suck. Sorry... I had to.

I actually "designed" a game once. I imagined characters, items and a plot. I even drew the level maps and everything. Granted, I was 7 at the time and there's a slight possibility it wouldn't be as good as I remember it. My thinking was that it would play something like Power Blade, expect there wouldn't be boomerangs but loads of cool weapons and items. Also, your goal was to save a dog or something. Memory escapes me on the details.

Now I won't be able to rest until I find those old drawings...

Grand Theft Auto: Pokemon Edition!

Pikachu= pimp with purple hat with feather in it
    Jigglypuff/Jynx= Whores
    Snorlax= Mob boss

all the other pokemon are Henchmen or random people. I am sure other pokemon can be made into more supportive roles but I never eben able to think of any..

Well growlith can be a cop of course and chansey a nurse. like in the show..

Asher

A space opera like game where you had a bunch of customizable characters, a plot that will last forever and could never end, great story that keeps you hooked, and, of course, lots of fun.

That or a more interactive Pokemon game where you could have a group that follows you around, you can communicate with others, better story line. That or a pimped out pokemon game like Fire2Box mentioned haha! : P

...I haven't played video games in 3 years so this was interesting to think about actually : )

Either Sonic/Mario Crossover or a Halo/Metroid Crossover that doesn't suck....

It'd be a side-scroller. With plenty of unlockables/collectables, ala (Super) Metroid, or (Super) Paper Mario Brothers. Or Symphony of the Night.

As for actual mechanics, I've not given it any thought.

I think a Zombie Invasion Survival Simulation would be cool. I mean Zombie games suck, but it would be fun to play a game where you have freedom to run around some town choosing places to fortify yourself in and hunting around for supplies and ways to defeat the zombies.

Personally I wish I could make life-overtaking virtual reality massive online games that people can live/play in. But that is kind of impractical...

pretty much i dont really have an idea for a game
    but if any one has read .hack "the world" i would really enjoy ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mysika View Post
    I think a Zombie Invasion Survival Simulation would be cool. I mean Zombie games suck, but it would be fun to play a game where you have freedom to run around some town choosing places to fortify yourself in and hunting around for supplies and ways to defeat the zombies.

Personally I wish I could make life-overtaking virtual reality massive online games that people can live/play in. But that is kind of impractical...
    Meet Left 4 Dead's Survival mode...

Butterfly Mage

How about a "Mario" and "Condemned" crossover in which the plumber wanders through NYC beating up junkies, thugs, and mutants with his pipe wrench?