Smelly Bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiddlemiller

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been sleeping in a cloth diaper and plastic pants for more than a month, and despite caution I have leaked onto the sheet once or twice. But even when I don't leak, my wife hates the way the bed smells under the covers. She's got a sensitive nose and finally threatened to sleep separately which I don't want her to do. I told her I wouldn't wet myself in bed anymore and haven't for several nights now. But I really miss it. Having to get up and go to the bathroom twice or three times in the night is not fun. I'd much rather just turn over on my back and use my diaper.
Has anyone else been in this situation? My wife is very tolerant of my diaper use and I do my own diaper laundry, but the bed odor is a non starter with her.

I work in a hotel, so I've had to clean a lot of mattresses.

Mattresses can be cleaned with those handheld upholstery cleaners, the ones with the liquid cleaner reservoirs. A solution made with pet oxygen cleaner and Fabuloso in the cleaner tank gets odors and stains out and leaves the fabric smelling nice. After cleaning you can put a protective cover over the mattress, like one of those all over cases or a plastic sheet
If you don't have one of those, you'll have to scrub and blot, which is much slower.

You should respect your wife's wishes. Mattresses are hard to clean and expensive, and stinky mattresses are the worst.

oh no! I noticed oder from my plastic and cloth too but I was never abandoned for it. My best solution was to put a cheap disposable and let it filter some of the odor causing contamination out and just put holes where I wanted the water to seep out into the cloth. Also I would make sure your supplies are super fresh before you go to bed. Maybe try putting plain water in a cloth diaper and wad it up in the plastic overnight and see if it creates any odor overnight. If it does then your cleaning methods may need to be looked into.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I've noticed simialer, although i only use disposables. Found that a lot of the issue was from what i've been eating and drinking through the day and how hydratrd kept myself.

Try drinking different things than normal throughout the day and see if it changes things.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Also the Nullo chlorophyll and copper supplements will tame the smell.

I wear cloth and they start to smell almost as soon as they're wet. You might try wearing disposable diapers as the SAP absorbs the pee keeping the smell factor down. When my wife was alive, I wore a Goodnite under my cloth diaper along with plastic pants and I smelled very little. She too had a sensitive nose. Of course, I fit into Goodnites, but if you don't, you could try a thinner, cheaper disposable. Then put your cloth diaper over that to absorb anything the might leak from the disposable and then plastic pants. That should cut the smell down to almost zero.

dogboy said:
I wear cloth and they start to smell almost as soon as they're wet.(snip!)
Sometimes cloth diapers need to be stripped, which is a deep cleaning process that removes everything that could cause a smell from the fabric.

https://ecoable.net/how-to-strip-cloth-diapers/

This is where I learned to strip my clothies.

When they're working fine, I wash my diapers in Dreft, which is designed for tough diaper smells. It's especially useful for me — I'm chronically dehydrated and dehydration pee STINKS, especially overnight.

I've heard of using vinegar as well.

Does the bed smell too. If so after you get it cleaned. Protect the mattress with a good cover and reusable chux.

Hey if it’s something you like maybe the solution is to buy your wife a nose peg

As a long term cloth wearer ,stripping your diapers is a must do task to eliminate lingering odor , the more you use them the sooner they need stripping and the smaller the number of diapers the easier it is ,when your up around 75 diapers it becomes a big job .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Essexboi said:
Hey if it’s something you like maybe the solution is to buy your wife a nose peg

Maybe not the best idea but I see your point. My wife used to complain about the urine smell from my incontinence but now never mentions it.

NO diaper is going tocbe 100% leak proof. A good reusable bed pad is a must for catching any leaks. I would also recommend getting a mattress protector as well. This will save the bed should the bed pad fail as well.

Slomo said:
NO diaper is going tocbe 100% leak proof. A good reusable bed pad is a must for catching any leaks. I would also recommend getting a mattress protector as well. This will save the bed should the bed pad fail as well.

Just the set up we have on our bed.

I would be crazy to expect to wet a diaper in bed and not put down my good pad and have a mattress cover. I don't leak very often but one tiny bit of diaper coming out from under the plastic can cause unexpected things to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back