sweetie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hi

I’m 31 and I really like wearing diapers and pull ups but I haven’t worn in a long time because I live with my parents and even though my mom knows and said when I first told her that she wouldn’t judge me but now she tells me I’m to young to be wearing and don’t need them even though I have told her I’m incontinent. What do I do because I miss wearing but I also am afraid my mom will be disappointed in me if I start wearing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you are an adult. while you can listen to you mothers advice, it is your life to do what you want. make your own choices

Forgive me if I come across as insensitive, but you're an adult. If nappies are something you want to be a part of your life, make them a part of it. And if others don't agree, let them, they aren't going to disown or ostracise you (from the way to talk about your mum), it's something they'll just have to accept about you.

P.S. Please proof read your posts, grammar goes a long way to make paragraphs easy to read, I only got the basic gist of your question on the first read, and had to go back over it for specifics.

You've said you are incontinent, so why wouldn't you wear diapers or some sort of protection. I can't imagine any parent finding objection when one has to deal with a medical condition.

You have three options:

1. Not wear diapers at all. If you're incontinent, this probably isn't an option.
2. Wear diapers but don't tell your mom.
3. Wear diapers and tell your mom.

None of us know what kind of relationship you have with your mom, but when it comes down to it, all you can really do is be honest. And as others have said, at 31 years old, you are in control of your life. Do what you need to do. If that means wearing diapers, then do that. It might be difficult, but you can get through it.

I'm also curious, are you actually incontinent? If you are, then that's a perfect way to show your mom is falling for a big misconception. Incontinence (and enuresis) happens to people of all ages, even long times after having not had any problems.

If you are really incontinent, please see a doctor first. If you just enjoy wearing diapers then that's different. It's OK to just like being padded.

BabyMozart said:
You have three options:

1. Not wear diapers at all. If you're incontinent, this probably isn't an option.
2. Wear diapers but don't tell your mom.
3. Wear diapers and tell your mom.

None of us know what kind of relationship you have with your mom, but when it comes down to it, all you can really do is be honest. And as others have said, at 31 years old, you are in control of your life. Do what you need to do. If that means wearing diapers, then do that. It might be difficult, but you can get through it.

Yes I leak and I have seen a doctor, she just said it was a UTI but I really don’t think so.

I agree with my fellow posters, you should wear pull-ups or diapers without telling your mom, and even if your mom knows and questions you about it i would say that there is nothing i can do about my incontinence I need to wear pull-ups.

sweetie said:
Yes I leak and I have seen a doctor, she just said it was a UTI but I really don’t think so.

If the doctor has said it is just a UTI then it seems this hasnt been going on that long, if it continues go again.

If you're incontinent though, theres medical options to sort it out, and diapers too help prevent it...if they are needed then theres no argument on her behalf.

If they feel you're too young/old/whatever to be using them and you arent you have to accept what they say while living at home, just dont make it obvious you're wearing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi

I not sure whether the issue is about you wearing a Diaper.

The feeling I am getting is the maniacs with the relationship you have with your mother.

You could have a very close relationship with her
But there is obviously an element of control within your relationship.

I think you need to think about whether it is time to start to become more independent,

I know standing up to your mother or any parent is one of the hardest things you ever have to do, as you don't want to hurt their feelings.

At the end of the day it is up to you whether you want to become more independent with life choices of your making or whether you're happy or your mother to continue making those decisions for you.

Sorry if this keeps coming over a bit brutal, that is just what I am getting from what you posted.

I hope it all works out for you kiddo

All the best

Siysiy

sweetie said:
Hi

I’m 31 and I really like wearing diapers and pull ups but I haven’t worn in a long time because I live with my parents and even though my mom knows and said when I first told her that she wouldn’t judge me but now she tells me I’m to young to be wearing and don’t need them even though I have told her I’m incontinent. What do I do because I miss wearing but I also am afraid my mom will be disappointed in me if I start wearing again.

I have the same problem although I'm not IC. what I have to say has already been said but if you tell your mom that you are wearing for medical reasons I would say you are going to need some medical documents on it or if you choose not to tell her and keep it a secret (recommended) you are going to be much happier knowing that even though your parents dont approve of you wearing your bases are covered in a manner of speaking. another option could be to move out which might be the best option and not have to worry at all. I wish you the best of luck

I can understand your mother's reaction to you wanting to wear diapers as diapers for adults are quite taboo to most people. My parents lost it when they found my diaper stash when I was younger. My solution was quite simple, I hid them better and I didn't tell them.

You are an adult who has something that they're interested in. There's nothing wrong with liking diapers. If you found something you enjoy, you should enjoy it. Enjoying diapers harms absolutely no one.

Quite simply it is none of your mother's business if you wear diapers. Wear them and don't tell her. I see no reason her approval has anything to do with you wearing diapers.

I have a lot of difficulties as well going through the idea of "doing it my own way" even if it's against my parent's will or not according to it as well.
But sometimes I sit and think that is probably what they would want in fact for me, that I do what I'm meant to do, rather than what they'd wish I do.

You can think about she might be disappointed, but also that what she wants for you deep inside is that you become yourself and life your life, which definitely will include doing things that "could disappoint her".

So if you want, do it, and think about that instead!

ChiReLily said:
I have a lot of difficulties as well going through the idea of "doing it my own way" even if it's against my parent's will or not according to it as well.
But sometimes I sit and think that is probably what they would want in fact for me, that I do what I'm meant to do, rather than what they'd wish I do.

You can think about she might be disappointed, but also that what she wants for you deep inside is that you become yourself and life your life, which definitely will include doing things that "could disappoint her".

So if you want, do it, and think about that instead!

That's some deep stuff right there...

sweetie said:

Well, did you follow up on this? How long has this been going on? If it's been going on for a while, did you tell the doctor? Did you get treatment for the UTI?

It's fine if you want to or are merely OK with wearing diapers, but don't use that as an excuse to not treat medical problems. UTIs (and other causes of incontinence) can have severe effects on your health. If you suffer from incontinence you need to make sure you've done all you can to figure out why, just in case it's something that will cause you other medical problems later.

Life is too short to try to live out someone else's dreams. Be yourself, and love yourself, especially if no one else wants to love you right now. We all need an advocate, and when nobody's in your corner, be your own advocate.

A smart parent will not interfere with their child's well being. They will respect privacy. They will hope for you to make adult decisions, no matter where you pee. A diaper, or pull-up, does not make you a child again, under parent's supervision, though some may yearn for that.

Well if I were you, and I admit I'm not, and if you just have a thing about wearing ladies incontinence pants and deliberately wetting in public, like I do, then I'd say it was time to do something to involve your mother a little bit more in the fun. Why not try and get her to change your diaper when you soil it. for example. Anyway, good luck with the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back