Best Adult Cloth Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmTheHighGround

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The disposable diapers are becoming a little too pricey for me.
What is the best cloth diaper you know of, and what snap on cover goes best with it?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Hey there, IAmTheHighGround.

This is a tough question to answer. A lot depends on your needs and (probably) on preferences that you haven't shared yet. As an example, it's often suggested that the best-performing cloth diapers are prefolds (typically pin-on) with pull-on covers (no side-seams). Prefolds may be a bit too "retro" for you, however, and they're also quite bulky, which means that even those of us who love them generally keep them at home.

All-in-ones and pocket diapers would be much more familiar to somebody coming from disposables, but the performance is not as good as a more traditional cloth diaper, or at least not in certain situations. And there are other options besides. Maybe you could tell us a bit more about what you're looking for and then you'll get some better answers.

Only going to use them for wetting. Preferably discreet, able to be worn under pants. Not too prone to leakage.
Easily (or at least quietly) changed in a public bathroom

IAmTheHighGround said:
The disposable diapers are becoming a little too pricey for me.
What is the best cloth diaper you know of, and what snap on cover goes best with it?

One good place to start is adultclothdiaper.com. They have a leakmaster prefold, which I find is good for someone just starting out. also, don't get the snap on pants. They all leak at the sides. Get the Gary Activewear PUL pants. They are much better, and long lasting.

I use Babyland and Ecoable diapers—however, the Ecoables do run on the small side, even for someone like me who's petite. (I can offer this: the Ecoable inserts are superior to the Babylands as far as soaking goes.) I like these because they don't look so medical.

Slomo said:
also, don't get the snap on pants. They all leak at the sides. Get the Gary Activewear PUL pants. They are much better, and long lasting.

I have a pair of Gary Activewear PUL, which I wear over Goodnites) but they often leak at the legs for me
What about instead of snap on, hook and loop covers?

IAmTheHighGround said:
I have a pair of Gary Activewear PUL, which I wear over Goodnites) but they often leak at the legs for me
What about instead of snap on, hook and loop covers?

Look for slightly different (possibly smaller?). I used to have that same problem with PUL pants. Turns out they were just too loose on me.

And do you mean like an all-in-one type cover? I haven't used them for just leak control so not sure how well, but I'd guess they would work. Might be worth trying them at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back