Cloth or Disposables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So as a bed wetter for all my life (Yes I've seen Doctors, Yes I've been prodded and poked at 47 I'm not going to let them Prod and poke anymore) I was put in a nappy as long as I can remember. Cloth and disposables.

As an adult (Married with one child, yes they both know I use nappies every night) This might be something some people might not be able to understand but they just do. :)

As I've said I use both Cloth & Disposables. But I'm fed up with the fit and even more importantly the crap tapes on disposables. Now I know what your all thinking! Yes I do. This nappy is great but the tapes could be just a little better.

It's time to save the planet! I have over the last few months been using towels folded into what works very well into a night nappy (God they are good. No leaks at all)

I came across this site http://www.blankencare.com Yes I have ordered from them because folding nappies every day was getting just a little boring. I hope the new nappies don't let me down. Will let you all know. :)

I'm also a lifetime bedwetter. It got worse when I developed fibromyalgia and the nerve damage began to affect my bladder. I was using disposables until a couple months ago, when I ordered cloth diapers similar to what you have shown here (mine have inserts rather than being all one). They hold up to my bed-wetting quite well, and do not leak on me. I find that I prefer cloth for a few reasons—one is that these do not feel so “medical” in nature, and another is purely because of comfort reasons.

Tonyh said:
I came across this site http://www.blankencare.com Yes I have ordered from them because folding nappies every day was getting just a little boring. I hope the new nappies don't let me down. Will let you all know. :)

An adult pocket diaper with a bamboo minky exterior?! F-ck! They don't ship to the US!! I want one of those so bad. Let us know what you think of them. *cries*

Cottontail said:
An adult pocket diaper with a bamboo minky exterior?! F-ck! They don't ship to the US!! I want one of those so bad. Let us know what you think of them. *cries*

I will post some pics later and sure will let you know what they are like. :) I'm sure they post outside of the UK.

Tonyh said:
I will post some pics later and sure will let you know what they are like. :) I'm sure they post outside of the UK.
Perhaps, but not to me. I made it to the end of the checkout process only to be met by a "Sorry, we don't ship to your country" message. Blech!

Cottontail said:
Perhaps, but not to me. I made it to the end of the checkout process only to be met by a "Sorry, we don't ship to your country" message. Blech!

Did you try to email them? I found Vicky to be very helpful.

Tonyh said:
Did you try to email them? I found Vicky to be very helpful.
Not yet. I will. I was thinking earlier of doing that.

They're claiming that that Diaper holds 2 liters of fluids. If that's the case, I'd like to try them, we don't get good modern cloth products in the states. They're all pretty much nostalgic more than for function.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
They're claiming that that Diaper holds 2 liters of fluids. If that's the case, I'd like to try them, we don't get good modern cloth products in the states. They're all pretty much nostalgic more than for function.
Heh, yeah...That seems pretty..."theoretical." :) If you've used pockets with tri-folded prefolds before, you can probably expect these to perform similarly. Mainly I was interested in them because of the materials and construction, which are both quite like baby diapers. The outer material looks very comfy.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:

On the page I ordered my 3 pack from they claim 3! :) I've just taken off a ABU simple that was on all day. Weighed in at 2456 grams that's about 2 litres I guess. I'm hoping these new cloth one to out perform the ABU. The Plan is to use a baby size 6/7 as a booster to get the levels up. :)

https://2.trusted-secure.com/at/www.blankencare.com/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=474

Cottontail said:
Heh, yeah...That seems pretty..."theoretical." :) If you've used pockets with tri-folded prefolds before, you can probably expect these to perform similarly. Mainly I was interested in them because of the materials and construction, which are both quite like baby diapers. The outer material looks very comfy.
They look like they feel amazing.

As far as the pocket diapers go, I've tried them but they don't seem to hold much. I've managed to stuff then quite well with cotton receiving blankets and the included inserts. I'll give the two toddler prefolds a shot that I use in my adult Prefolds. Let's see if they'll make a difference.

The reviews for the Maxi diaper they sell here are quite thorough and detailed, but praise it. I wish they were available in the states it something like it. Most modern cloth diapers I've tried have been somewhat disappointing.

They do have a contact us page that states to contact them directly for overseas orders. I may order one or so just to try them out. They look too amazing to pass up.

I prefer plastic backed disposable diapers by far to any other option, next would be cloth backed disposable diapers and last is cloth diapers. I tried two cloth diapers once and it just did not feel right to me maybe because growing up I was in disposable diapers and pullups but till my teens I was in Goodnites which are cloth backed yet I still prefer plastic so I'm not sure why I like what I like.

I’m 75 years old and wore cloth diapers until disposables became reliable enough to use instead. I even bought a sewing machine and learned to make my own diapers and plastic pants that tucked inside the diaper to provide an almost leakproof seal. However, especially since I need to wear 24/7/35, sewing, washing and caring for cloth diapers were chores that I got very tired of. So I happily switched to disposables when they became reliable enough to rely on to keep my bed and the outside of my pants dry.

I'm a tradishanist, cloth diapers, plastic pants, diaper pins. right now I'm wearing 4 purity single layer flat diapers. I've already wet twice & am getting ready to do it again. so far no leaks & it feels great. the double layer soak up more but there a little more trouble to deal with.

I'm also a bedwetter (I've only been dealing with it for the last couple of years) so I keep my eye out for products like this. Thanks for letting us know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back