Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps,

Wondering if anyone else has experienced breaking out in a rash only from certain disposable diapers?

I remember with kids some brands would make them break out quick (different brands for different kids too) and very annoyingly I now find the same thing for myself.

Incredibly for me I will break out in a red welt itchy patch within 2 hours from the Little Squirtz even not at all wet or in the heat or with exercise. I tried this a number of times hoping it was just a random rash / coincidence but not the case. I do have a few of these left which I am not game to try again.

Super frustratingly the other new brand I experience this with is Bambino’s UltraStretch. Not quite as bad but wearing one overnight still leaves me with a rash.

I did notice folded up these diapers stack the same size so wondering if they are from the same factory or if they share the same top sheet or fluff pulp. The rash is always in the same spots as well with padding contact not even from the squirts hard plastic or stretchy side from the UltraStretch.

Never had this happen with Bambino teddies or their medical Diapers.

I tried samples of the Rearz Crossbones and not sure if at the time I was still suffering from an existing rash or if I reacted to them as well.

Not a loss for the Squirtz for me as they weren’t my thing but the UltraStretch and Crossbones I really like so I am a bit bummed out.

Anyone else caught with the same problem?

It happens to enough babies that major brands have scent and perfume free diapers. And those babies grow up into adults with the same allergies. Yeah, it happens to adults too.

Sometimes I get some irritation from wearing a Belissimo, but I have sensitive skin, so it doesn't take much to set me off. I've never had that problem w/ Rearz Safari though.

My girlfriend has been allergic to many I have tried on her and some she just didn't like the fit even if she didn't break out from them she swears by Attends I swear at them, I wore them for about 4 years in the tri tape era ,but expect a lot more out of a diaper these days and think she should too.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I also get rashes on my right inner thigh when I wear bambino stretches and little paws. I think it’s the wide diaper cut that creates a friction area. My rash is preventable when I rub in a small amount of petroleum jelly in that area before diapering.

pampers4U said:
I also get rashes on my right inner thigh when I wear bambino stretches and little paws. I think it’s the wide diaper cut that creates a friction area. My rash is preventable when I rub in a small amount of petroleum jelly in that area before diapering.

You might also try using talc instead. Jelly somewhat helps friction, but I've found that talc works better for me.

I often use cornstarch powder especially for extended wear and have with both the Lil Squirtz and UltraStretch but it didn’t help with those at all.

I have a whole unopened pack each of UltraStretch and Magnificos in size Small/Medium I would be happy to swap for same ABU SDKs Medium (or similar) if anyone in Melbourne is interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back