Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My career decision :)

Default My career decision :)

I made a decision...

I am going to get my GED, go to college and get my bachelors degree in law enforcement and become a police officer. 40,000+ a year, how can I go wrong with that ( and thats just the starting pay.. )
    I want to be out there and make the world a better place by putting criminals in their place, keep the streets safe and free of crime.

Hey, I got a free ride to college and money coming in until I'm 23... why not... do what I like.

What are your thoughts, and what do you want to do?

I would say, go for it. Law enforcement is a very honorable profession, and it takes a very special person to do it. We have police officers at our school, one at a time of course, and I've liked every one of them. Even though no one likes to get stopped for speeding, etc. they keep us from hurting ourselves, and hurting others. When there's a domestic dispute, they risk their lives trying to bring some peace into people's lives. They are the unsung heroes of our society.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I would say, go for it. Law enforcement is a very honorable profession, and it takes a very special person to do it. We have police officers at our school, one at a time of course, and I've liked every one of them. Even though no one likes to get stopped for speeding, etc. they keep us from hurting ourselves, and hurting others. When there's a domestic dispute, they risk their lives trying to bring some peace into people's lives. They are the unsung heroes of our society.
    What he said. Seriously, I've got nothing to add. Go for it!

It seems that you have everything to win, but a lot to lose. Be careful, and stay out of trouble. Just doing that will guarantee your success. Those who biff it usually do it in college and drugs and alcohol almost always have something to do with it.

My grandpa was a police officer after he got back from WWII. He was on a motorcycle for a long time, then my grandma asked his boss to reassign him (didn't want him getting hurt) so he worked on a police boat for a while... Then died of lung cancer at 50 (smoker)

Ok.. I can stay out of trouble.. but whats the deal with doughnuts? LOL?

Quote Originally Posted by timmahtherebel View Post
    They are delish of course

soren456

Quote Originally Posted by timmahtherebel View Post
    I think cops get them free. It's part of their union contract.

secretdl26

That sounds like a very good idea. I have a few friends (who are 18,19, and 20) who are all interested in law enforcement. The older two have started classes and really enjoy the program. This a fairly secure job as well, as long as you keep your morals about you.

That's actually a very noble thought. As long as the motive is good, police officers are good and needed to keep the peace. Me, I want to be a play-by-play hockey television broadcaster (You know, the person that follows a team and talks what the players do. The voices you hear on highlight reels.). I have no idea how much the pay is, but honestly it's not a factor. I imagine it's good pay, but the reason I want that job is because it's my passion. I want to have a job I love, and this would be it.