Diaper for flights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of the ABU 4 tape diapers could last the whole flight depending on how heavy a wetter you are, just dont drink alot of liquids. And if you plan to wear the diaper through the airport dont wet it until you get on the plane. The walk through detector things will pick up a wet diaper and will be embarrassing if they pull you aside for it

DonGlover said:
Any of the ABU 4 tape diapers could last the whole flight depending on how heavy a wetter you are, just dont drink alot of liquids. And if you plan to wear the diaper through the airport dont wet it until you get on the plane. The walk through detector things will pick up a wet diaper and will be embarrassing if they pull you aside for it

Well yeah. Based on how much you drink, even a depends pullup could last an 8 hour flight.

Recommending someone should restrict their fluid intake is NOT a good thing. Especially on flights which are known for dehydrating people out anyways.

the lower amount of fluids you drink the more concentrated your urine will be and will be more smelly even thought you take that stuff to stop the urine smell from smelling. And Slomo is right airplanes are extremely dry you need to drink about 1 and half times the amount you do on land to hydrate all of your body. and god forbid you bring out a container of lotion the flight attendants go on a power trip saying all passengers are forbidden from using lotions perfumes nail polish or remover or hair spray or deodorant out of fears of someone with a pansy nasal immunity claiming "allergy" to it.

xpluswearer said:
the lower amount of fluids you drink the more concentrated your urine will be and will be more smelly even thought you take that stuff to stop the urine smell from smelling. And Slomo is right airplanes are extremely dry you need to drink about 1 and half times the amount you do on land to hydrate all of your body. and god forbid you bring out a container of lotion the flight attendants go on a power trip saying all passengers are forbidden from using lotions perfumes nail polish or remover or hair spray or deodorant out of fears of someone with a pansy nasal immunity claiming "allergy" to it.

Hey....I take resemblance to that. I have a pansy nasal immunity. My hyper sensitivity to smells is a curse (officially called neurogenic dyssynergia cough), and it's always triggered by the allergies I also have. Runny mucous down the back of my throat that triggers coughing fits (followed by nasty tasting sputum). I've had a grand total of 5 years allergy shots (with a minimum of 2 more), and three separate prescriptions to help try and control it.

I also have to fly for my work too. It's nice not having to be overwhelmed by someone else's little world of smells they like. Especially smokers!

Slomo said:
Hey....I take resemblance to that. I have a pansy nasal immunity. My hyper sensitivity to smells is a curse (officially called neurogenic dyssynergia cough), and it's always triggered by the allergies I also have. Runny mucous down the back of my throat that triggers coughing fits (followed by nasty tasting sputum). I've had a grand total of 5 years allergy shots (with a minimum of 2 more), and three separate prescriptions to help try and control it.

I also have to fly for my work too. It's nice not having to be overwhelmed by someone else's little world of smells they like. Especially smokers!
Sorry. Just almost everything can be allergic now it seems. I agree on the smoker comment you can smell them a mile away and even if they visited the smoker lounge in the airport its still going to perminate throughout the airplane cabin shoot at times it seems that I am one of the only 2 passengers on a Bus that does not smoke and good god may as well allow smoking on the bus after a dang break the smell stays on you for HOURS and we non smokers are subjected to it . didnt mean to ruffle yer feathers just a observation and opinion ...

xpluswearer said:
Sorry. Just almost everything can be allergic now it seems. I agree on the smoker comment you can smell them a mile away and even if they visited the smoker lounge in the airport its still going to perminate throughout the airplane cabin shoot at times it seems that I am one of the only 2 passengers on a Bus that does not smoke and good god may as well allow smoking on the bus after a dang break the smell stays on you for HOURS and we non smokers are subjected to it . didnt mean to ruffle yer feathers just a observation and opinion ...

Nah, not ruffled. Resembled.

Without Tide Laundry Detergent, Bounce fabric softener, Irish spring waterfall fresh soap, pert shampoo, st ives collagen & Elastin lotion, Speed Stick Fresh deodorant & Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Toilet I would be lost and the once and while smidgen of powder under the diaper too.

I fly around the country all the time and take little naps on the plane but normally I don't wet as I guess I need to sleep longer. My go to diaper for little leaks if I fall asleep is to wear two of the new Depend Real Fit for men. Granted it will not take a full bladder release all at once but I have wet before and it held it all which is good enough for me. The nice thing about wearing two is I can simply go to the restroom and rip the inside diaper off as I have a dry diaper waiting.

That being said in 2018 I will be flying to Europe so I'm not sure a Real Fit will be the best solution. In that case I might wear a full Abena M4 with a booster that I can remove when it get's wet.

DL1989 said:
I fly around the country all the time and take little naps on the plane but normally I don't wet as I guess I need to sleep longer. My go to diaper for little leaks if I fall asleep is to wear two of the new Depend Real Fit for men. Granted it will not take a full bladder release all at once but I have wet before and it held it all which is good enough for me. The nice thing about wearing two is I can simply go to the restroom and rip the inside diaper off as I have a dry diaper waiting.

That being said in 2018 I will be flying to Europe so I'm not sure a Real Fit will be the best solution. In that case I might wear a full Abena M4 with a booster that I can remove when it get's wet.

For that long of a flight. Neither will be enough. You will either need boosters (which you can change early to delay diaper changes), or get better diapers.

Slomo said:
For that long of a flight. Neither will be enough. You will either need boosters (which you can change early to delay diaper changes), or get better diapers.

An Abena M4 with a booster you don't think will be enough? I find the M4 to be the best combination of absorption/comfort and it rarely if ever leaks as I wear one almost every night. What diaper would you recommend?

DL1989 said:
An Abena M4 with a booster you don't think will be enough? I find the M4 to be the best combination of absorption/comfort and it rarely if ever leaks as I wear one almost every night. What diaper would you recommend?

That flight time is going to be 10+ hours. Even a boosted abena isn't going to last more than 5 hours before leaking. That's assuming you stay well hydrated as you're supoosed to, at least.

If you want more than 10 hours without a change, you can probably get away with confidry24/7 or northshore supreme. They will need a booster though. Or, you can wear betterdry, or a very thick reusable cloth diaper.

Slomo said:
That flight time is going to be 10+ hours. Even a boosted abena isn't going to last more than 5 hours before leaking. That's assuming you stay well hydrated as you're supoosed to, at least.

If you want more than 10 hours without a change, you can probably get away with confidry24/7 or northshore supreme. They will need a booster though. Or, you can wear betterdry, or a very thick reusable cloth diaper.

I have never tried those but I have tried Dry24/7 and found even though it was thicker and theoretically more absorbent I actually had more leaks. I guess I better try those two at night and see how they work for me.

DL1989 said:
I have never tried those but I have tried Dry24/7 and found even though it was thicker and theoretically more absorbent I actually had more leaks. I guess I better try those two at night and see how they work for me.

It could be how you're taping it on, or thry just might not fit your body type. Try the other ones, and maybe even more than those too. Oh, and when you do find a brand that works, keep looking for another one. If you ever do need a plan b for orderinn, you'll be glad to already have one lined up.

The last couple of times I flew, I've flown in ABU Simples. I only fly domestic, though. I just don't think there's a diaper that you can be absolutely sure will get you through 8 or 9 hours.

I have used Tena Maxi/Ultimate on 9-12 hours flights (with booster). However as IC I am not using fully, as I am going to the lavatory every 2-3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have the nerve to go through security in a diaper.

Howdy21 said:
I wouldn't have the nerve to go through security in a diaper.

This is absolutely not a problem. No question asked, even when they searched my bag and saw the diaper. Experience in US and several European countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing that chlorophyll tablets are used to make one's stool less odiferous.

Today's news is exactly what I mentioned earlier in this thread wear more diaper than you think you need for flying ,Atlanta airport is having a power failure , and fully loaded jets have been on the tarmac all day , if you were in those places guess what else would be fully loaded .dont attempt to fly on a wing & prayer plan your diapers , pull ups are not diapers ,if your flying you best be buying some good diapers .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Another reason why I avoid Atlanta Airport at all costs. Id rather be stuck in Detroit or Chicago O Hare with 10 feet of snow and electric. Seems that a hangnail will cause Atlanta to come to a screeching halt for crying out loud! Oh Yes you dang well better be diapered with a high quality diaper on those days that is for freaking sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back