4 6.90%
  • Difficult during the day and bedwetting until age 14

5 8.62%
  • What potty training?

3 5.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: difficulty potty training

Default difficulty potty training

I was just curious as to what affect the level of difficulty of potty training has on *B/DLism or visa versa. In my toilet training experience apparently I was very stubborn and continued to bed wet until I was 11.

How about, I don't remember potty training but wet the bed till X options.

I know I was potted trained, it is obvious as I have the skill, but I just don't remember it much, I only remember 1 thing about it and that is that I remember the first day of it, I was not allowed to go outside because I was being pottied trained at the time I thought it was some kind of punishment and thought it was unfair that I could not go outside and play, but that is my only memory of potty training.

Although I do not remember it, Mom tells me I was toilet-trained days by 28 months and at night at 33 months. Like all my sisters, my bladder was small and over active, so for trips and special events Mom asked us to wear diapers. One of my first clear memories was being changed a few weeks before I turned 4 and later that day watching my big sister, who was 9, being changed.

On trips I often did not wet, but only when we could not stop for a potty break. Then I reverted to bedwetting at puberty, as did all my sisters.

You poll options are not very flexible.

I was dry at 2.5 years old, all in one shot.

The only connection to DL or ABism and potty trainning is how it was treated and perseved. Not the potty trainning itself, but how the diapers where managed and perceived by the child and the parents during the critical anal phase.

I'd probably have to start a research on the subject.

Eh, I was potty trained by three, maybe four. But I can remember wearing pull-ups for night-time up until I was about five years old. TO bad I didn't have any likings for diapers then, hehe, funny how that works.

I have to say that I think the potty training and bedwetting are two different animals. I had difficulty with soiling on and off, decreasing over time until I was in middle school, primarily because of behavioral (psych) issues, not for lack of potty training. Reflecting back, I think I was subconsciously ignoring the signals because I was completely engrossed in whatever I was doing. Or maybe it WAS rebelling against the potty. My bedwetting wasn't a product of training (or lack of) it just happened. I endured the alarms, being awakened and even medication to combat it, to no avail. Cold sheets and a lack of sleep was all I got out of it.

I was still very young (5ish) when I found a stash of diapers and my desires became known to me. I don't remember wearing them at night ( but I think I remember wearing plastic pants at one point ) but I sure did when I could get away with it.

My parents never told me of any difficulty that I had during potty training, so I can only assume it went just fine. I never had a bedwetting problem, and have only wet the bed on a few random occasions in my entire (post potty training) life.

As far as I'm aware I had no difficulty and was fully trained by the time I was 3. No bedwetting problems either.

I could ask my mom, but I don't want her conjuring up those images in her head so she can answer me.

I can say that it was successful, and that I have no memory of it. ("No memory" should have been a poll option.)

I also believe that bedwetting is not a toilet-training issue.
    Last edited by soren456; 22-Apr-2009 at 19:54. Reason: Fixed error.