ABU Peak-ABU

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
. . . World pink domination! Mwahahaha!. . . Better yet, world pink and girly, blue and boyish, or gender neutral, diapey pants domination?
Upon further reflection, I don't think gender neutrality is an absolute must. It's called a mixed case, or mixed half case, but remember,
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
For weirdos like me and Cottontail, crinkle is the spawn of satan!

Last edited:
Okay I guess that I need to repost about my thoughts on this now that a bit has passed since I first saw them and had a bit to think over on them...

I must say that the fact that this is not a single tape diaper does not bother me as much as I originally said it did, don’t get me wrong my opinion on it being a single tape would have been better still stands, but I’ll still get them first chance I can and only then make further comments on that front.

As far as the design goes, from the start I loved it but looking at them again i can say that it does seem a bit bland looking at it from the rear. If you look at it from the front the print is big enough that imho the design would look a bit crowded if it would have had a full print but that bland back... it just seems like a missed opportunity? Dunno, in all of those short few years since I got into design I never worked on a diaper so I’m not gonna pretend I know what would be best. ^^”

(Still tho id secretly love if they at least had a simple single colour design at the sides)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Casey/ABU/Community peeps,

An important question for me (which I just remembered now) is will the shape be the same as any of the existing diapers?

Reading “PeekABU uses a new absorbency technology that allows the diaper to be 10% Lighter, 20% Thinner and Absorb 25% More (6250ml) than our Premium diaper line: LittlePawz, Space, and ABU Simple“ I would guess they would be the same shape/fit as the Premium line with the same tape panel width, width between tapes, cuffs, guards, wide crotch?

Their is significant differences (for me at least) between the fit of the Premiums, the (gorgeous snuggly) Vintage and the BareBums... i actually haven’t yet tried the Preschool but guessed they are also a different shape/fit to the other 3 designs so will PeekABU be different again?

I still hope that Abu comes out with a diaper or two with velcro, like Magnifico and Ultrastretch.

12srepaid said:
I still hope that Abu comes out with a diaper or two with velcro, like Magnifico and Ultrastretch.

It’s funny while I think this PeekABU is going to be a great addition to ABU and the community since ABU are so progressive and last time just kept the announcements rolling I was a little flat it seemed to be just the one.

I guess this could be the feeler to the market to see if all diapers could be made thinner and more absorbent.

Damn I type that now and my mind has gone into overdrive remembering all the shrinkflation dodginess from every medical diaper company making thinner diapers with more SAP only to then just reduce the SAP (and of course every other quality feature.)

Casey the way I see it you have a mandate mate:

1. No Shrinkflation EVER
2. Pastel Pink Vintage is your next release (yeah that’s just my personal request)
3. A cloth backed product with modern baby diaper look and matching tapes
4. An ABDL pull-on

I absolutely LOVE the prints on them. But....

How in the world are they marketing them being thinner/lighter as being a GOOD thing? o_O' That sucks!

If they're any thinner than the Space/LittlePaws, which are just about perfectly thick--I probably wont be interested in buying any aside from a sample here and there...I prefer my diapers to be decidedly thick.

Amazing print though! Glad to see something that actually looks like a real-world baby diaper!

I LOVE the looks and think it looks adorable! Of course, visually that is a VERY subjective matter. I am glad they are bringing out some nice diapers that will lean toward the discreet market. I can be able to walk around in a dry one knowing it wont show any signs until of course I wet it...but you see, its great they are having diversity. The ONLY thing I am hoping for is a SIZE SMALL to be available >.>

I'm curious on the cut of these, are the dimensions relatively the same as other abu products size m for size m?

Dan09 said:
How in the world are they marketing them being thinner/lighter as being a GOOD thing?

Not everyone needs a high capacity diaper. If you're very active and only need a low capacity, or are only wearing a diaper for the padding and not the absorbency, thinner might be better. (and probably cheaper too)

I have to wear somewhat tight-fitting pants to work, and preschool plastic are right on the edge of "ball-crushing" for me. I wish I could wear Simple but they're too thick and too wide for me to wear comfortably during my workday.

For me I want as stimulating as possible while still being comfortable. Once it stops being comfortable, it stops being fun, and then there's just no point to it at all.

I actually find the new Waddlers to be more comfortable, higher capacity, and more durable for daytime wear, but they're a good deal more expensive and not staying in stock enough for me to be able to depend on, so for now I'm sticking with Preschool Plastic. Waddlers are a great alternative though for people that want space-grade capacity in a thinner, velcro tabbed, or high-swell diaper.

What about making a diaper with the same thickness as the Paws and ect, with this technology? Maybe you can squeeze the usual padding thickness and we can get 8,000ml [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Could eliminate me having to buy booster pads all together.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Argent said:
Casey the way I see it you have a mandate mate:

1. No Shrinkflation EVER
2. Pastel Pink Vintage is your next release (yeah that’s just my personal request)
3. A cloth backed product with modern baby diaper look and matching tapes
4. An ABDL pull-on

I like your priorities here!

Mine are:

1. A pull-on that matches the look and feel of Pull-Ups (tm) or similar modern training pants. Absorbency wouldn't be a huge concern for these - because they're meant to bring us back to an age where we're learning how to be in control, so repeated wettings would not be "in character" for this product.
2. A cloth-backed diaper with velcro tapes - big tapes, one per side - that mimics the look and feel of modern baby diapers, with the build quality of ABU's current plastic-backed products.

These new Peek-a-Boos are cute (love the animal prints!) and I'll likely order some, if the price is about the same as their other products. Capacity isn't a priority for me, though, as I don't want to wear it for twelve hours; changing is half the fun.

currently wearing: ABU Lavender

The theme is a little bit of a let down when we already have Little Pawz and Kiddo being animal themed, the giraffe looks kind of cute and I like the upgrades in absorbency and how they're going to be softer, thinner and quieter. It's just a little off putting to me, I really liked the designs of preschool and was hoping more a long the lines of that.

Chocobo114 said:
Ugh, it's furry themed so I'm not going to even consider it. I'm sort of tired of the push of furry themed diapers and packaging. I've got nothing against furries, but it annoys me that ABDL plasters it on so many things from postcards, multiple diapers, packaging, and web design elements. Also, there needs to be a better mix of male and female models and is another annoyance. I'm mostly a straight DL, some AB, and these design/advertising choices are a big turn off for me. I wish ABDL came across as more sexuality and kink neutral. I won't be buying this diaper and more inclined to shop elsewhere.

You don't have to be a furry to like a cute animal mascot! I'm no furry either, but I find this design - and their Little Paws - really appeal to my inner child. They have plenty of other designs, too, like Space.

I like diapers with cute animals, with rockets and cars and airplanes - things that a growing toddler would like. Baby bottles, blocks, rocking horses are too juvenile for my tastes. I don't care for A B C / 1 2 3 prints, either, as I learned to read many decades ago! But it's good that they have styles available for every taste.

As for gender balance, I agree, but I think a lot of these photos are use people who already work in the warehouse as models. Bringing in a professional model (especially for a taboo product like this) would cost extra.

currently wearing: ABU Lavender, which I bought because of the purple sides and single tapes.

bambinod said:
Not everyone needs a high capacity diaper. If you're very active and only need a low capacity, or are only wearing a diaper for the padding and not the absorbency, thinner might be better. (and probably cheaper too)

I have to wear somewhat tight-fitting pants to work, and preschool plastic are right on the edge of "ball-crushing" for me. I wish I could wear Simple but they're too thick and too wide for me to wear comfortably during my workday.

For me I want as stimulating as possible while still being comfortable. Once it stops being comfortable, it stops being fun, and then there's just no point to it at all.

I actually find the new Waddlers to be more comfortable, higher capacity, and more durable for daytime wear, but they're a good deal more expensive and not staying in stock enough for me to be able to depend on, so for now I'm sticking with Preschool Plastic. Waddlers are a great alternative though for people that want space-grade capacity in a thinner, velcro tabbed, or high-swell diaper.

...But they're advertising these as being the MOST absorbent diaper, ever (despite being thinner).

I just don't see where these fit in to the spectrum of diapers.

Typically, when I think high capacity...I exclusively think of 'overnight' diapers, or something that's meant to be worn when you're not particularly moving around a ton. Which is why thickness is usually a GOOD thing, imo. I certainty have zero desire for a thinner 'high capacity' diaper...that's perhaps one of the biggest cardinal sins that present day baby-diaper manufacturers have made. I really, REALLY hope that adult makers aren't going that route.

...But I do still love the prints though. Even though I'm not a furry, they're AWESOME. :cool:

P.S-

As far as 'gender balance' goes? I've always been confused by currently available diapers. It seems like there are FAR more girly/sissy themed diapers than actual, genuine 'boy' themed diapers out there (the only one that comes to mind is the DC Idyl?) despite the fact that I've never seen ANY sort of evidence that the ABDL community in general is primarily male.

I don't doubt that theres a significant portion of ABDL's that are girls (duh.) or that sissy or non-ABDL females (like IC) exist. But...in my experience, there's a weird balance of diapers that leans more towards pink/girly than anything else. I have no problem whatsoever with guys that want to wear pink diapers. But it is unfortunate that there's not that many offerings that go the other way, and offer genuinely 'boyish' diapers.

Gotta say I'm a little uninterested. I'm all for the classic plain white with decorative taping zone...hell the SDK is usually my choice of diaper because I can remember seeing them around as a kid...I really wish they'd make another nostalgia throwback akin to the SDK, with a single tape per side, yet still considered a 'premium' diaper.

With these, I'm not the biggest fan of the taping panel, although it could've been worse...I'd prefer 1 tape per side instead of 2, but that's just opinionated depending on who you ask. The thing I really don't get is why would you promote a diaper that's quieter than others, yet in the same breath promote how you'll waddle when wet??? If I'm waddling in these things, then clearly discretion is not high on my priority list lol...if I'm gonna be waddling, I want something loud and crinkly ;)

I like the desing, one thing ABU has over the other abdl companies is different designs in one package like the pre-schools. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of a unisex design though. All 4 pieces of art just scream "boys" diaper to me. There needs to be some girly characters in the mix too like bunnies/kitties/ponies or something. Come on ABU you need to show your sissies and girly girls some love too. So far all you've got is lavender we're do for a "premium" diaper from you guys.

JustinDB87 said:
Gotta say I'm a little uninterested. I'm all for the classic plain white with decorative taping zone...hell the SDK is usually my choice of diaper because I can remember seeing them around as a kid...I really wish they'd make another nostalgia throwback akin to the SDK, with a single tape per side, yet still considered a 'premium' diaper.

Rearz made a single run of "Vintage Replica" diapers awhile ago. It was interesting that they took the single tape little squirts design and made a mostly white with infant prints, but with double tapes. The look was great but I don't know, it must not have been a big seller, they've never repeated it. It might have been more popular (and more "vintage replplica"-ish) if they would have stayed with the single tapes.

Google "Rearz vintage replica" for more information:

11313619_1689942524628434_675690921_n.jpg

I have a bag and a half of them left, for "special occasion" only. ;) (I actually wore one over the Thanksgiving break)

Personally I'm a bit reserved about these diapers. I like the design, simple yet still ab. Really in line with a lot of artwork already out there.

However, with all of their other diapers, they can barely even hold half of their rated amount before leaking. Being this one also has "no lower tapes", it looks like the only way to get a good enough seal is to wear one size too small (exactly as they have shown in those pictures).

Being new I suppose I should at least try them before resigning them to the same class as their other lines (ie, not premium). It would be nice if these work for a change though.

Oh my gosh yooose guys... I can't even believe how amazing it is that we have such an amazing bounty of incredible AB diaper options available that we can even express preferences about styles!!!

I feel so lucky and thankful!

For me personally I LOVE the oversized waistband art. The scale of it just makes it seem so much more babyish!!!

Cute animals are cute! <3

I'm excited to try a bigger capacity for fun!

I really like the idea of variety of print in a pack... that's super fun and childish too!

I always would prefer some more cute, pretty, girly, designs, but those should be easy to add into the mix...

Of course, I personally prefer refasten-able "veclro" style tapes and just 2 big tapes per side, but that's room for a new product to get excited about!

I'm not a babyfur, so the design doesn't do much for me, but it is babyish "enough" to suit my desires. What really perks my interest is the new increased capacity (6250ml is HUGE) and the promised swelling potential. For me, if a diaper stacks up on overall performance and fit, design and cost are secondary issues that will not deter me. I can't wait to try one of these new diapers to see if they stack up against my current favorite, ABU Little Pawz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back