ABU Peak-ABU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that when ABU first announced the Lil’ Paws (I hope I spelled that correctly) at least half the response was negative. So many comments about the wings looking like “a table cloth!” And they almost instantly became one of the most popular (at least if Internet crotch-shots are an accurate barometer) ABDL diapers on the market.

Casey - being a savvy businessman - did not publicly respond to those negative comments. Nor should he.

I’m willing to bet a donut that these diapers will also be a success. If not, it may be the very first fumble on the part of Casey and Co. But I seriously doubt that will prove to be true. I’ve been wrong before, though. Zillions of times.

*Note: I am not an ABU customer. Just an admiring observer.

If the capacity really is 6250 ml, that is more than double the ABU Little Pawz, which regularly holds us for me like a fortress. If the capacity lives up to what’s advertised, then the thinner size is a plus from my perspective. For me, thickness/swelling are only desirable when the diaper is wet. When I am wearing a dry diaper, I want comfort and mobility, but ultimately I am more focused on what happens to the diaper when it is holding a lot of fluid. No matter where this new diaper starts in terms of thickness, I’m confident that once it is holding anywhere near 6250 ml in fluid, it will be so swollen that just toddling will feel like walking with a bowling ball between my legs. I’m excited to try these out.

the peek ABU diapers look so super cute :) I cant wait to try them.

ToddySmurf said:
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that when ABU first announced the Lil’ Paws (I hope I spelled that correctly) at least half the response was negative. So many comments about the wings looking like “a table cloth!” And they almost instantly became one of the most popular (at least if Internet crotch-shots are an accurate barometer) ABDL diapers on the market. .

I'll stand by my "tablecloth" comment ;) But I still like them. I've found that despite the apparent uglyness of the wings, I don't see them all that much, and the pattern on the front more than makes up for it. And besides, they're a great performing model of diaper. In my opinion, their babyfur pattern shares the crown with Crinklz for best looking babyfur pattern diaper on the market.

Maybe the best way to get an honest answer is to ask someone what they would pick if someone were to offer them a bunch of free diapers (say several cases, and they weren't going to have to worry about storage or disposal etc) and see what they would pick. I would seriously consider paws as my choice. Also considering how they are the most expensive of the model (vs simple and space) and are otherwise identical diapers, and are still the best sellers from what I can see, I think the public has "voted with their dollars" in favor of the paws.

Actually, it only takes one bag of diapers to reasonably test them out in varying situations. Samples are never enough for anything other than to verify sizing, and cases would just be a waste from the company's perspective.

It would be nice to see a dozen individual customer reviews though. Honest ones at that- good neutral or bad.

Even though i'm not a babyfur, I think these diapers are very cute. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Man, I was hoping for velcro stretch tabs.

wackoreese said:
Man, I was hoping for velcro stretch tabs.

Me too. I really have issues with regular tape tabs.

12srepaid said:
Me too. I really have issues with regular tape tabs.

I don't have a problem with regular tape tabs. But I have a REALLY BIG problem with the Velcro stretch. And I mean REALLY BIG.

I find the wider community's need to complain about the "babyfur" design to be really misguided - this type of print with an anthropomorphic character looking out from the front panel has been the standard baby diaper design for most of the past 20 years on at least Pampers and Luvs. Other than prints that are replicas of actual past baby diaper prints, this is arguably one of if not the most authentic prints put on an ABDL diaper; it's kind of bizarre that it hasn't been done already. The fact that there will be multiple different prints similar to ABU Preschool further adds to the authenticity.

I look forward to trying and testing this diaper - given the claims being made about capacity, this is basically being advertised as being on a whole new tier above all else and if so the difference should be straightforward to demonstrate. Most "premium" medical diapers are within 25-33% of each other in capacity to begin with. "Super-premium" ABDL diapers like ABU Space/LittlePawz/Simple, Rearz products, and Tykables Overnights are ~25% higher than that. So, an additional 25% increase should make itself immediately noticeable. I'm very interested to see if/how they've managed to put tapes on this that can handle a diaper that swells much more than is typical.

This is going to be a big advance if it measures up to the marketing. This could be a diaper that you might well change one less time per day than anything on the market, and which might enable stuff like reliably wearing through work without a change for more people. There's a lot to get hyped about here.

I think I'm in love! <3

I can't wait to try these. They look totally adorable. Super higher capacity sounds awesome! I am a big fan of ABU, the Space diaper being one of my favorites, and was hoping they would come out with something to challenge Rearz for the title of highest capacity.

Having a thinner option for Super High capacity will be nice. Thick diapers are awesome, and I prefer them during the day when at home, but thinner is often better at night or when going out. I've been enjoying the Rearz Rebel for that reason, and hope the Peek-Abu will be even better. Also the quiet cover will be nice. I LOVE a good loud crinkly diaper, but sometimes that's inappropriate.

Honeywell6180 said:
I don't have a problem with regular tape tabs. But I have a REALLY BIG problem with the Velcro stretch. And I mean REALLY BIG.

Same here. Velcro tabs also means a cloth like outer shell. And that brings a whole new level of problems and dissapointments. No thanks.

Slomo said:
Same here. Velcro tabs also means a cloth like outer shell. And that brings a whole new level of problems and dissapointments. No thanks.

Not Necessarily. Magnifico and Ultrastretch are plastic.

Fruitkitty said:
I find the wider community's need to complain about the "babyfur" design to be really misguided - this type of print with an anthropomorphic character looking out from the front panel has been the standard baby diaper design for most of the past 20 years on at least Pampers and Luvs. Other than prints that are replicas of actual past baby diaper prints, this is arguably one of if not the most authentic prints put on an ABDL diaper; it's kind of bizarre that it hasn't been done already. The fact that there will be multiple different prints similar to ABU Preschool further adds to the authenticity.

I think that the main reason for this is just the fact that you can find both furries and diaperfurs quite easily on the internet, and just because there is a similarity in the designs call them "just another diaper for furs",
while ignoring the exact fact that you made.
But as with any other diaper that was made, there were complaints at launch and/or the reveal, but when people will try them and if they perform just as good as they claim that they would,
I doubt anyone will be that bothered by the designs anymore.

Last edited:
Slomo said:

in addition to the bambino magnifico, the new tykables overnights are also velcro with a plastic shell. (and they're awesome btw)

12srepaid said:
Not Necessarily. Magnifico and Ultrastretch are plastic.

Ah, that's right. I forgot about those. I stand corrected.

A diaper that forces you to waddle so bad that they warn you about it? Shut up and take my money!

MailCat581 said:
and of course Super Dry Kids and Cushies as well.

they somewhat recently changed their SDK/Cushies, the new version is much better than the original (which may be what you are familiar with)

Release pushed back to February 2018. The suspense is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back