Converting Pull-Ups into Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmTheHighGround

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys
I have lots of Goodnites and Tranquility ATN Pull On Underwear, and as we all know, those are a PAIN to put on, without having to remove all your pants, etc.
So I'm wondering if there's any way to convert these pull ups into tape-on diapers. Plastic or scotch tape could work, but that can get uncomfortable. Same with ConvertUps, but those are expensive.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Check and see if your local fabric store sells Velcro OneWrap, ideally with the 1" or 1.5" width. It usually comes on a roll and is sold by the foot. It's the closest thing to an off-the-shelf diaper extender I've been able to find. One side of the material is hook, the other is loop, and they're both the fine, high-density stuff, very much like the hook and loop on disposable baby diapers. And they're fairly compatible with baby diapers, too. Although I haven't tried with GoodNights, I would expect that you could cut the elastic wings and then re-secure them by applying a couple short strips of OneWrap, hook side down. Basically, it would be like taping them back together with adhesive tape, but the tape strips would be reusable. Plus you can use them to extend the tabs on baby diapers, if you're so inclined. Pull-Ups training pants use the same kind of elastic as GoodNites, and Velcro obviously works well on those (they've got the Velcro seams for diaper-style changes).

No idea about the Tranquility stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back