Plastic backed abena M4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store of PE M4s.

Abena M4.jpg

I do find them to be the most comfortable for my body size. I wish they were a bit bigger all over but that could be said about most medium nappies...
I think 'my diaper' made a 'Regular' sized which sat inbetween medium and large but they never make it into the UK.

My only serious problem with Abena is the tapes 'snapping'. They don't break but 'give' a little when on tight extending the tape an extra 3-4mm each side. It seems to be a failing in the adhesive which attaches the tab to the back of the nappy applied during manufacture. The 'give' exposes a thin strip of extra adhesive which never fails to rip the plastic when removing the nappy in an attempt to refasten.

woolybobs said:
My only serious problem with Abena is the tapes 'snapping'. They don't break but 'give' a little when on tight extending the tape an extra 3-4mm each side. It seems to be a failing in the adhesive which attaches the tab to the back of the nappy applied during manufacture. The 'give' exposes a thin strip of extra adhesive which never fails to rip the plastic when removing the nappy in an attempt to refasten.

I've seen that on several different models of diapers, where the tape starts to "pull away" from the back wing, sometimes reaching the end and pulling off completely.
It happens on preschool plastic if you get the tapes too tight, and is a more common issue on totaldry plus and bambino.

Haven't had any tape problems with all the ones i bought so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back