North shores diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaramouche said:
Which do you all prefer: Cloth like or plastic backed?
Plastic hands down! Cloth backed should b tossed in the invention trash can never to be seen again! May as well wet your pants without a flipping diaper on to begin with.

xpluswearer said:
Plastic hands down! Cloth backed should b tossed in the invention trash can never to be seen again! May as well wet your pants without a flipping diaper on to begin with.

I've used the NS cloth like and had good success with them. Just wondering what other people thought about them. Thanks for your comment!

Scaramouche said:
Which do you all prefer: Cloth like or plastic backed?

Plastic backed. I wore a sample of the cloth like today and it tends to slide down on me. I haven't really found a cloth like disposable that I liked.

I'm with spaz , I am never really satisfied with cloth like performance , if i want cloth i will wear my normal cloth diapers and plastic pants , when I go disposable I want the plastic backing with no wicking or pass thru that you inevitably get with the cloth like exterior, I dont walk and i always have a onsie on but cloth like just dont have the staying up power , usually they get loose at the top and then kind of wilt over (a pet peeve of mine) and I can't imagine how AB put up with that , my diaper needs to stay where i put it , I also don't have the faith in the front end of the cloth version , the plastic ones can handle the special hell males on wheels dish out, without failure !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

When I'm not wearing AB diapers North shore is my go to diaper brand. They are amazingly absorbent, and are priced well. I have never been disappointed with their quality.

Yes, compared to other brands they can be a bit stiff, but they always make me feel secure.

Today I put on a northshore supreme diaper and try to work. But its too wide and thick. I did fold the diaper. Length wise. So I am convinced the tranquility diaper is best for work

ABDL oriented diapers came essentially after I stopped walking so i have never felt them as thick,then again my normal diaper is cloth so thick to you and me may be different, I do the gutter fold in all disposables .

On the northshore the width combined with the gutter allows it to "cup" or conform to the anatomy and therefore never leak, the first one i tried ( as with any new diaper, i worried) but the thought of a leak hasn't crossed my mind since then ( part of the normal status quo of IC is to have a leak mitgation plan , for every occasion) and i honestly cant say that it crosses my mind any more , i have worn northshore for the same doctors trip a hundred times and never realized until now that it's become so trusted that i dont even think about what "if's" anymore ,and for what it's worth it's never a bad thing to have more diaper than you need but it's always a bad thing to have less.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I like the Northshores. They are pretty stiff at the beginning, but after a wetting or two, they are quite nice. Make sure to put them on as the instructions (and other posters here) have indicated.

I got my samples in yestereday and i tried my first Northshore Supreme. I was quite impressed. No need to add a booster and no need to add extra tape on the sides like I have to do with the Tranquility ATN. I'll wear my second one tonight and my wife seems to agreeable to adding these as a nighttime diaper. I can still use the Tranquility for the day until I can convince here that it's better to go with the Supremes but the tranquility is not a bad day diaper for me. My problem is that I'm a side-sleeper and that just makes things a little tougher.

Overall, I'm quite impressed. It is a bit stiff but that's not too bad and I already fold all my diapers anyway for the channel. I just need to add a minor "massage" to the diaper and it'll be even better.

I recently switched from Confidry 24/7 to the North Shore Supreme diaper. At first I thought because the 24/7's outer plastic was heavier that it would help contain nighttime leaks better. But they sent me a couple of samples when I ordered my first 24/7's and after trying them decided to get a case and really like them alot. I'd love them to be a little longer but still, they're a little cheaper and a great diaper. I always wear waterproof pants over my diapers anyway just in case but would feel confident with just the diaper, at least at home.

I was also given some samples of the Air Supreme. I wasn't going to ever buy a cloth backed diaper because I didn't think they could be trusted not to leak like the plastic backed. I ran out of the Supremes before my new order arrived and had to use the cloth backed. Surprise! They were every bit as good as the plastic backed. I liked the fasteners a lot better (not tape but velcro-like) so that I could get an even better fit by just readjusting. I'm not sure what it is about them exactly but I liked the way they felt better too. I'm thinking I might now switch to the Air Supreme.

They also have something they called the Supreme Lite diaper. Its a lot less bulky for daytime use and I think they said it was only 20% less absorbent than the regular supreme. I'm wearing one now! It's pretty wet and no leaks. I don't actually need for daytime at this point in my life but I am a DL and these are awesome for keeping my clothes dry, my bottom wet and it is discreet under my clothes. A winner for me.

Peace All

PaddedDeist said:
I got my samples in yestereday and i tried my first Northshore Supreme. I was quite impressed. No need to add a booster and no need to add extra tape on the sides like I have to do with the Tranquility ATN. I'll wear my second one tonight and my wife seems to agreeable to adding these as a nighttime diaper. I can still use the Tranquility for the day until I can convince here that it's better to go with the Supremes but the tranquility is not a bad day diaper for me. My problem is that I'm a side-sleeper and that just makes things a little tougher.

Overall, I'm quite impressed. It is a bit stiff but that's not too bad and I already fold all my diapers anyway for the channel. I just need to add a minor "massage" to the diaper and it'll be even better.

Northshore and Confidry never did work good enough for my side sleeping. Leaks were less with them, but still occured untill I added a baby diaper booster to them.

You should take a look at Betterdry/Crinklz, they work perfect for me, no leaks and no boosters needed.

It takes time to convince the wife to spend money on "more-expensive" diapers. But I think I can make a good case as time goes on. But perhaps the Northshore just has a good fit on my body or I was kinda lucky with the lack of leaking. The Northshores are certainly the best adult diaper I've tried--except for those diapers I tried in the 80's but I don't know what brand they were and I never tried sleeping in them. I just remember they were big, white, and pretty cushy.

I do want to try other brands but it sometimes takes time to be able to get them. I pay attention to your reccomendations and I try them when I can. In fact, I tried the Northshores since you had a positive opinion of them and they are easily available on Amazon. The BetterDry and Comfidry both sound pretty decent and the Crinklz also sounds good. I also want to try the Rearz Rebel and Seduction since I like the print or color and would be interested in finding out how good they really are.

I'd love to try these, such a shame they're not sold in the UK or Europe. I've seem them on Amazon but just too expensive to get them over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back