• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello and advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hubbylover

Contributor
Role
Hello, I am a newly wed and my husband recently told me that he is a diaper lover. He told me he felt like a weight had been lifted, but that he felt two feet tall and he was extremely freaked out by the fact that I wasn't running for the hills.

I am extremely okay, and not freaked out one bit about his fetish. I'm an anthropologist, and deeply aware of the complexity of human sexuality. I simply want him to believe me when I tell him this and him not to feel ashamed to ask me to join him or to do it whenever he feels inclined.

So, I'm here to learn what I can about his interests in an attempt to show my solidarity and support. He's the love of my life and this changes nothing between us, except perhaps will lead to us being closer and more intimate.

I explained to him that I am happy to experiment with him if he wants to involve me, or that it was completely fine if it's something he wanted to continue on his own. I explained that I can't guarantee that it is something I will like, but that doesn't mean he can't keep doing it himself.

To all non-DL partners out there, how do you provide support to your DL-loving partners? To the DL-loving people out there, what are things you wish your partners had said to or done for you when you first shared your interests?

I understand that some of what he's feeling and the fear he's feeling about my reaction.... trusting that I am really okay with this.... it's just going to take time, but in the interim, I want to make sure that I am not doing or saying things that will damage him or our relationship during this period of his greatest vulnerability.

My husband is the most amazing man I have ever met, hence why I married him. I am so happy to be his wife and I am genuinely okay with this, people are complicated and there is nothing disgusting or wrong with him or what he likes. I just want him to be okay with me knowing this and him to be okay with being him.

All the best,
hubbylover

Hello and welcome to the site. I'm glad you are so accepting of this strange little corner of human sexuality. I guess I should add that for some AB/DL people, it's not especially sexual. Some just derive a sense of peace and comfort. For others like myself, it is sexually gratifying at some level, as well as peace bringing.

My wife was very accepting of my being AB/DL and would buy me different things such as plushies, onsies, sippy cups, etc. She died last month and I miss her terribly, but that's another story. She was an amazing person and being accepting of people in general was one of her many strong points.

I think by reading a lot of the threads, you will get a good understanding of what makes us tick, what plays into making us regress for those of us who are AB. Diapers are almost always central, but not to everyone. As I said, my wife showed her immediate support by asking me, after I told her, if I had enough supplies.

Over time, your husband will realize he has both your support and acceptance. My wife didn't participate either, but she understood my need.

Keep telling him it's ok, and be patient. It takes some of us a really long time to realize it ourselves.

Maybe also ask him to wear only a diaper with you around, and/or wear one with him (wetting/diapered sex optional).

Hi and welcome. Being loving and accepting of your hubby's interest is, I would say, key. Based on what you've said it sounds as though you've got off to a good start, not least of all because you've expressed a willingness to experiment if he wants that. You may enjoy it or not, but nobody can be made to enjoy things which they find don't sit well with them. At least you've got an open mind which is a good thing. Unconditional love is perhaps the most important form of support you can offer right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back