Status
Not open for further replies.

littleisaac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I got a pearl of wisdom for you, changing places are rooms designed with adult diaper wearers in mind & is a godsend. http://changingplaces.uktoiletmap.org

It alows freedom with none of the worry.

As somebody who is doubly incontinent, they are a godsend!

My only criticism is that in many places, they’re only accessible with a special key (different to a RADAR key) or you have to press a buzzer or go to a reception desk. A little embarrassing if you’ve got a loaded nappy which absolutely stinks.....

Slip92 said:
As somebody who is doubly incontinent, they are a godsend!

My only criticism is that in many places, they’re only accessible with a special key (different to a RADAR key) or you have to press a buzzer or go to a reception desk. A little embarrassing if you’ve got a loaded nappy which absolutely stinks.....

that's because they are abused I know in haymarket Leicester you have to go via security because the druggies & homeless sleep on the bench and wreck the equipment in there. its the extra security so that it's not abused. personally because I'm little I love the embarrassment of asking for entry.

I have found then helpful. That said, having forgotten my Rader key on occasion I've had a really hard time getting the key from wh Smith's. Last time I was told that the facility wasn't for me to use, that it was for disabled people only. I had to do much more explaining than I was really comfortable with

It's pretty cool that you Brits have access to places like these. For a guy like me in the USA, I had to master the standing change and I change in stalls or in the handicapped restrooms. (I don't feel bad about using those since I do have problems and I have my parking placard.)

What's a RADAR key?

PaddedDeist said:
It's pretty cool that you Brits have access to places like these.

What's a RADAR key?

A radar key is a a special key for disabled & changing places toilets.

- - - Updated - - -

nappiesatnight said:
I have found then helpful. That said, having forgotten my Rader key on occasion I've had a really hard time getting the key from wh Smith's. Last time I was told that the facility wasn't for me to use, that it was for disabled people only. I had to do much more explaining than I was really comfortable with

Could be worse one of my mates shows one of the poor staff his nappy. (He's inccontinent & got neurological issues.) when denied entry. somehow staff always belive I need the facilities with no questions.

I didnt even know it was all mapped out in one place! I've ended up getting pretty good at changing quickly while standing now anyways which makes life so much easier.

The main one local to me on this list i accidently set the emergency alarm off in there when changing. Was a pretty freaky experiance have someone come unlocking the door to make sure i was okay when just in a diaper. Thankfully they were okay and its nice to know how fast aid would arrive if someome did need help after falling over or such when in there.

Yeah I made a thread about this a few months back. I wish they had these all over the world and not just the UK. The article that inspired me to make the thread had a mother telling her story of her eight year old disabled child who wore diapers due to a mental impairment and had to put down a blanket or towel on a dirty floor near a toilet because the changing table was too small.

Takashi said:
Yeah I made a thread about this a few months back. I wish they had these all over the world and not just the UK. The article that inspired me to make the thread had a mother telling her story of her eight year old disabled child who wore diapers due to a mental impairment and had to put down a blanket or towel on a dirty floor near a toilet because the changing table was too small.

There is campains around the world. Google changing places & your country. E.g Changing places Australia & it'll show that countries campaign

- - - Updated - - -

RebeccaHime said:
I didnt even know it was all mapped out in one place! I've ended up getting pretty good at changing quickly while standing now anyways which makes life so much easier.

The main one local to me on this list i accidently set the emergency alarm off in there when changing. Was a pretty freaky experiance have someone come unlocking the door to make sure i was okay when just in a diaper. Thankfully they were okay and its nice to know how fast aid would arrive if someome did need help after falling over or such when in there.

It's most off then 1or 2 are missing like Birmingham new street or the ones in Ikea stores.

Takashi said:

I was just on my Facebook & saw there is a US campaign

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155356255456523&id=7010901522

I just say my twin is blessed with one in high street and 2 in newly refurbed leisure centre - as someone who can get messy let’s say- the shower and loads of paper is a blessing - it’s better than getting through packs of wipes and trying to Juggle stuff while reaching for toilet roll

Also live that they have hoists isn - don’t need them myself but as an ex carer that would have been really useful when taking disabled adults out for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back