Plastic Pants Growing Brittle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most vinyl and pvc materials tend to grow brittle quite quickly. PEVA pants from Babypants terms to last longer in my opinion and have only failed when I accidently get it caught in something and poke a hole in it :(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Same exact problem. It's too bad because I just love the crinkly sounds they make when brittle. My Wife usually comments on my crinkles, but when they get brittle you know they aren't going to last much longer.

Fiddlemiller said:
I've been wearing Gary plastic pants from Baby-Pants.com with cloth diapers and have been quite satisfied with them initially. But as they age the plastic becomes brittle and eventually cracks next to the waist elastic. I've routinely hand washed them in Woolite and hung them to dry but occasionally I just rinse them in the sink. Am I neglecting them somehow? Are there quiet alternatives that last longer than a few months?
I usually dont have problems with cracking but it seems like they like to fall apart around the trim

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Eliminate the trim by getting wrapped elastic they last much longer and can not get stale urine smell.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If you want pants that don't go brittle try Mylesta Nylon pants they last ages and don't go brittle at all.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Here in the states mylesta nylon pantscarebbetter known as sani pants by salk.

Tetra said:
Eliminate the trim by getting wrapped elastic they last much longer and can not get stale urine smell.

The elastics also wick urine, which means they slowly leak by design. The wrapped plastic also eliminates this problem too.

Unfortunately for me, that plastic tends to cut into my skin though (even when not tight, just from sitting on it). PUL also wrapps around the elastics, and is much more comfortable, durable, and longer lasting. It's just logical to go with PUL versus plastics, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back