Thread: Any other business owners?

Default Any other business owners?

I'm wondering, are there any other business owners here on adisc? If so, can you share some of your triumphs and tribulations. As a new business owner, not to mention being younger than a lot of the guys working for me, it's a bit overwhelming at times.

Okay, my story can be the first to be shared. Yay!

Now that I've written a wall of text, I want to close with this: Owning a business is a great experience, but it challenges you to the core. I am coming to love it more and more everyday and I can't wait to see where I'll be in a year. Please, if there are any other business owners, come share your stories.

I don't own a business but sometimes I think it'd be really cool to open one. Maybe a restaurant or an ice rink or some other kind of recreational place. I'm probably too much of a coward though, scared to put in that much work and maybe lose money. That's really cool that you get to experience the feeling of doing something you really enjoy and find challenging, and even doing well financially for it.

Yeah, the good thing for this was that I didn't have to have a lot of upfront capital or take out a lease on a big building. A truck, a few wheelbarrows and shovels, and some plywood was what got us started three months ago. Now we're looking into a shop and will be purchasing a third vehicle shortly.

Impressive for a 19 year old to have their own business. Keep that spirit going. Perhaps you are the next Donald Trump. Hopefully without the hairpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    Perhaps you are the next Donald Trump. Hopefully without the hairpiece.
    No hair piece, extra padding in the middle though.

I did operate a business for a while...

Computer Services, pulling in around $50.00/day... it wasn't too bad.

Not anymore because I just don't have the time for it, but will in Oct, and I will be opening full scale in October while I am going to school get my Bachelor's in Law Enforcement.

I have done quite a few iPod/other Mp3 player repairs as my own business. Don't really have the time or money to expand it, but I did like working on my own. I hope to one day own and operate an engineering firm.