Jobs with mediocre bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltaluv

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm thinking about switching jobs. I enjoy the company I work for, but I'm being heavily recruited by another company. The work wouldn't be as fun, but might be better for overall career development and the company is far more stable, plus I'd be back to working predictable hours again.

Problem is, the new company doesn't have been good bathrooms. The one bathroom if have easy access to is small, often busy, and doesn't have wastebaskets in the stalls.

Meanwhile, the company I work for now has multiple private restrooms with covered wastebaskets in them, so changing and disposing of a wet diaper is very easy.

I'm a little tempted, if I do switch, to take in a covered wastebaskets for the handicapped steak that uses the same liners as the other wastebaskets. Everyone will assume that someone else with authority our it there, and so nobody will move it.

I'm not sure what else to do, and I'm nervous about taking a job where I have trouble hiding my diapers.

Do you feel able to discuss with HR in the new company? maybe get a bin put in?

I wouldn't steal one. Buy a new one if you have too. Either that, or don't worry about it. I assume they do still have a trash can in the bathroom. Why not use that? It's what I do at my office. Change in the stall and toss my used diaper in the bathroom's trash can. Easy.

Oh, I'd get a new one. It wouldn't be hard to find something that looks like it belongs there, and if it uses the same liners I bet the custodians would just assume it has been out there by management.

I'm reluctant to go to HR with something like this. It's a smaller sure for a big multinational company, so all the HR people are a thousand miles or more away. Chances are that if a bin needed to be installed, the job would land on my desk to get done anyway. I'm just thinking of preemptively doing the work so I can avoid telling HR things that I'd rather they not know about my health situation.

The trash cans in the bathroom are the small ones that are built into a wall unit with the paper towel dispenser, so a diaper is going to be pretty obvious there. Also, there seems to usually be at least one person at the sinks washing hands, so not much privacy.

I was in the same situation as you. I ended up wearing more protection e.g. slightly thicker diaper. Which last me the whole working day. Appropiate clothes like black pants / dress pants. No one ever said anything to me or asked questions and such

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

ltaluv said:
Oh, I'd get a new one. It wouldn't be hard to find something that looks like it belongs there, and if it uses the same liners I bet the custodians would just assume it has been out there by management.

I'm reluctant to go to HR with something like this. It's a smaller sure for a big multinational company, so all the HR people are a thousand miles or more away. Chances are that if a bin needed to be installed, the job would land on my desk to get done anyway. I'm just thinking of preemptively doing the work so I can avoid telling HR things that I'd rather they not know about my health situation.

The trash cans in the bathroom are the small ones that are built into a wall unit with the paper towel dispenser, so a diaper is going to be pretty obvious there. Also, there seems to usually be at least one person at the sinks washing hands, so not much privacy.

Not all small cans are built-in. You can get a small bathroom trash can and set it next to the toilet/sink. Though with any smaller can, anyone who goes into the handicapped stall after you will be able to see your diaper sitting in it. This is why it makes more sense to just take the stupid thing to the main trash can. And so what if someone else is in the bathroom too. Don't be so easily embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back