Status
Not open for further replies.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I saw this pop up in another thread, so I thought I'd put this up for discussion. I've gotten the question, "why am I wearing a diaper" before. As I'm sure others might have too. So what's your typical answer?

For me, it always surprises me someone would ask this question. Often enough, my reply is to turn it around and ask them do they not know what diapers are made for. Isn't this kind of self explanatory?

Well to those who don't know you, you can easily pass it off as a protection from incontinence. However, for those close to you, like my wife, that answer doesn't work. She can't understand why I want to wear a diaper and she thinks it's disgusting. The only thing I can tell her is that it's a calming and comfortable thing for me, but she still wants to know why. I have no answers as to why it calms me.

Pass it off? He doesn't have to. He's incontinent. Great standard answer, Slomo. So is, "I'm incontinent, dumb ass!"

Ask if they like answering questions about their underwear.

For my sister, this one works.

"Are you blind? No? Then you see the harness and lateral supports on her wheelchair holding her up! Do you notice the appalling lack of harness and laterals on our toilet?! Even if we had a special potty chair for her, what would she do in public? Rest assured. No one is being lazy, and she did try hard enough to learn! It's just not in her cards, like keeping a husband isn't in yours!"

Some people are idiots!

So after you say what diapers are for? Like the others the others before me said but maybe say accept only if you say its medical.otherwise he/she will get mad or just walk away.

Yeah, that's my point. This question should really only come up with someone you dont know really well (because you DID already tell those close to you, right). And for them, there is NO reason we should need to "pass it off" as incontinece, or justify our needs.

If they're smart, the question shouldn't be "WHY are you wearing a diaper", it should be "ARE you wearing a diaper". Even to a moron, the why partshould be self-explanatory. Aparently not though.

And to us, a menatal need is no less important than a physical need. Diapers are for those who need them them. Easiest explanation ever.

I agree. Just hope I never have to do it.

makena43 said:
So after you say what diapers are for? Like the others the others before me said but maybe say accept only if you say its medical.otherwise he/she will get mad or just walk away.

My sister cannot sit up without adaptive equipment, at all, ever. Never ever. If they get mad and walk off, good! 1, the reason she wears is bloomin' obvious, and, 2, it'd be, if the asshole asking the question was to try to move her to the toilet, which would require a special commode chair, and she peed or pooped all over her lift sling, and the floor. Where on earth did people get the notion other people wanna answer questions like that?! Let 'em get mad and walk away! Maybe that's what it'll take for them to type, "incontinence and cerebral palsy," into a search engine!

just me

My answer would be multiple reasons: I find them comforting, like peeing in them, wearing is erotic at times and I never stopped wearing at potty training and I don't want to stop. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
My sister cannot sit up without adaptive equipment, at all, ever. Never ever. If they get mad and walk off, good! 1, the reason she wears is bloomin' obvious, and, 2, it'd be, if the asshole asking the question was to try to move her to the toilet, which would require a special commode chair, and she peed or pooped all over her lift sling, and the floor. Where on earth did people get the notion other people wanna answer questions like that?! Let 'em get mad and walk away! Maybe that's what it'll take for them to type, "incontinence and cerebral palsy," into a search engine!

You may find my answer odd but I had a soulmate that was born with cerebral palsy. I met him once in his decked out wheel chair with badass heavy metal stickers on it. Our eyes met and we instantly knew we were friends. I politely asked him if he wanted to go to see a movie. He said yes. It was super fun just being with him. We exchanged phone numbers. The sad part is that later he told me spiritually that he did not want a "black high-class woman friend". A little restricting himself and denying happiness. But that is racism. It's how we just fuck ourselves over by refusing to have a diverse group of friends, lovers, etc... I am bi-racial Black+White and I also happen to be an attorney. I guess he felt intimidated but not hateful. Maybe fearful of differences or feeling inadequate. Later his soul changed but I had already deleted his number after several unreturned phone calls. I wore diapers because God planned it that way. He HAS to wear them. I LOVE to wear them. I am not incontinent in any way. PEACE LOVE SISTER!!:grouphug:

Attachments

• WIN_20160721_05_02_06_Pro - Copy.jpg
    WIN_20160721_05_02_06_Pro - Copy.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 109
  • WIN_20160721_05_01_26_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160721_05_01_26_Pro.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 105
I really like it. It makes me feel different and it makes me feel good. I wish that I had friends that liked to use them so we could be together :D

makena43 said:

For you, yeah you can say you need them for medical reasons. And just leave it at that. You have no reason or need to further justify it. So after that, if they press, tell them it's personal and you don't want to get into it.

And even if anone else only wears for their mental need only, you too can reply by just saying you need them (which is true). No need to further justify it, just let that other person/stranger come to their own reasoning and leave it at that.

I guess people keep on saying why is because of the fact that you can tell that you need to go and lastly can make it to restroom. I am going use Slimo idea. Tell it's. Medical and if they press I will say its personal let's. Go back to work

I guess there are three main reasons - because you would wet or mess your pants if you didn't, because you like wearing them or because you enjoy filling a nappy.

Another reason would be if you are afraid of going to the toilet - for example a public toilet or if you've had some problem with going to the toilet.

Update:
I misunderstood your posting first time.

I would lie and say it was for medical reasons I'm ashamed to say.

As a stereotype British people generally avoid questions like this - so it would probably never happen. I'm pretty discreet too.

Last edited:
I just recently had "the talk" with my live in girlfriend of two years and she asked this question. I didn't have a good (singular) answer but probably something we have all dealt with as a member of the community. It can range daily from any of the following:

The padding
The protection
The security
The wetness
The thrill
The desperation
The regression
The stress relief
The warmth
The loss of control/reality

We are very early into her understanding. It's been such a force in my life I think any and all apply and I can't pin point it to one.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

In 20+ years have never had a stranger ask about my diaper , I did have someone once say you have amazing bladder control, they were a friend of a friend and pregnant so they always needed to pee, i wanted to say i have probably met you you drop for drop,but feltt it wholly inappropriate since they werent somebody I spent time around .

When in my chair with all my belts, harnesses and supports in place only a moron wouldn't assume diaper but many people are that stupid , I find that most able bodied people really have no idea what so ever about disabilities .
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
When in my chair with all my belts, harnesses and supports in place only a moron wouldn't assume diaper but many people are that stupid , I find that most able bodied people really have no idea what so ever about disabilities .

Human stupidity knows no bounds. I think some people want to stay ignorant so they don't have to offend their precious sensibilities. If I've learned anything from you guys that wear all the time, it's mad respect. Not until I started reading the forums did I realize how hard Day to Day life can be, and how really good, well built restrooms are a lifesaver. I also realized how crucial it is for those of us that wear all the time to be able to good facilities to change in/at.

At the end of the day, I think it's a positive development that those of us that don't need to wear all the time do wear from time to time to see the world through the lens of those that wear 24/7.

No one in real life knows and I plan to keep it that way.

But if some family member asked, I would probably say something like "Medical need - I'm handling it." and not answer any further.

For others, I would probably start my trying to ignore the question - like I didn't hear them. If that didn't work, I would probably go with the Medical need again and then say "Buzz Off".

ProudPaddedBro said:
Human stupidity knows no bounds. I think some people want to stay ignorant so they don't have to offend their precious sensibilities. If I've learned anything from you guys that wear all the time, it's mad respect. Not until I started reading the forums did I realize how hard Day to Day life can be, and how really good, well built restrooms are a lifesaver. I also realized how crucial it is for those of us that wear all the time to be able to good facilities to change in/at.

At the end of the day, I think it's a positive development that those of us that don't need to wear all the time do wear from time to time to see the world through the lens of those that wear 24/7.
I have probably mentioned this a few times here but it bears repeating if you carry a phone or phablet go to Coloplast website or Google store get the free app WHEELMATE works in all countries and tells you about all known bathrooms and what they offer as far as accessibility, changing cleaning schedule , it is user upgradeable with new bathrooms you know off , you can rate existing ones and warn prople if its shithole, set up favorites list its a nice app doesnt matter if your disabled or not, also the last google update integrated wheelchair accesability in entry and bathrooms etc , in the local guide area so ifbyou use an android device it lets you enter that info, as well as pictures and reviews of local spots, I have been doing it around here and its nice to help others out , and i have benefited from other people's info as well as had Google give me a subscription to the New York Times online , i liveb in PA but am a native of New York so its a nice perk , also eith the local guide it's downloads a local map to your device that lets you mark your spots and review the business you use. Many fledgling programs have tried accessbililty and failed but Google isnt going to just blow away so its a good addition .

makena43 said:
I guess people keep on saying why is because of the fact that you can tell that you need to go and lastly can make it to restroom. I am going use Slimo idea. Tell it's. Medical and if they press I will say its personal let's. Go back to work

Fyi, my name is Slomo. As in, once I get going, everyone else is running in SLOw MOtion compared to me.

Why do I wear? Simple. For psychological and emotional comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back