If I fit into pullups, why get anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Forgive my ignorance. I am new to the scene after a few years understanding I should even be IN the scene. But I fit into the pullups from the grocery store, so can anyone tell me why I would want any ABDL diapers if I can already get the pullups? Thankies

Are you talking about the children's pullups or the plain white adult ones? Good question. Diapers come down to a personal choice. If you want the full ABDL experience, many here like the diapers with kiddy designs on them. They also tend to be more absorbent. However, several here like the ease of pullups. They fit better under clothes - less bulky. If you're going to "use" the diapers for their intended purpose then you might want to look around for diapers.

By "fit" I assume you are talking about adult pullups (as baby diapers don't fit adults).

Pullups have an extremely limited absorption, and will sag pretty bad after even the first light or partial wetting. They also cannoth take even one full bladder's worth of pee, and certainly not as a flooding. Otherwise they are near guaranteed to leak. Pullups are also more difficult to change into than tabbed diapers.

Given all of these shortcomings, tabbed diapers are often a better choice. AB, and even premium, diapers also can last for up to half a day without leaking or sagging too much. They absorb lots more, and can handle multiple floodings. They are much easier to change too. Abd as a bonus, AB diapers usually have fun prints on them.

To each their own really. If you like the pullups and you aren't dependent on them, there's no shame in sticking with them. As a none incontinent person, you have more of a choice on what to wear versus what you need to wear. Do what feels right for you in this case. There is no set standard saying you have to wear tabbed diapers as a little, and unless your big is telling you to, don't worry about it.

On a side note, also don't be afraid to try something different either. If you even start thinking you want a brief over a pullup, try some. You might be surprised.

The biggest problem with pullups IMO is that you have to take your pants off to change them - they do also tend to have less capacity.

Thanks all - I hadn't thought of trying fully using them yet or using more than once :)

Pull-ups leak very easily.
Pull ups suck at hiding urine smell
They have a low capacity compared to a real diaper
You have to take tour pants off to change
All in all they are not practical.

They are good for very light leaks/spots. Heavy wettings/floods, not so good - you'll only get one use out of them.

Yes, changing a pullup in public toilet means you have to take off your shoes and pants to change into a fresh one.

If you're wearing diapers for want rather than for need, there's some reason, some attraction, that's motivating you. So you have to look at that to decide what would be a good change for you. MY personal preferences involve a desire to be wearing a diaper, and also I want those diapers to match my mental image of "what a diaper IS". That's why we see discussions here about people's diaper preference and it often coming around to "what diapers did you wear when you were young?" because that's the mental picture people will have in their head and that's the image they're trying to match up with.

I have almost no memory of my time wearing diapers as a child, but I have vivid memories of being around diapered children when I was growing up. So all white plastic disposable tabbed diapers are the iconic image that comes to mind when I think about diapers. And I'm pretty certain that's why I prefer them.

I personally don't care much for pullups. I don't like the fit, I don't like the look, and I don't like the performance. I want to be able to snug up and tape on my diaper like I know it should work, and walk over to a mirror and turn around slowly and look at my diaper, to be able to see how it fits and matches all my memories of seeing diapers being worn by others years ago when I would look at them and say "gosh I wish that were me wearing a diaper right now!" I love seeing the side profile of the front where it curves around and bulges outward with short folding creases around the edges, seeing how it fits in the back curving under my butt cheeks, with that same smooth plastic curving around and the little creases around the curves, and the elastic hugging my leg. Everything about that just screams "You've done it, you're wearing diapers now!"

So I'd suggest you do whatever you need to in order to get that feeling or mental affirmation you enjoy. If pullups are what screams "diaper!" your head, go with it. But a pullup just "doesn't do it" for me. Not having those tapes "securing" (trapping? forcing?) me in my diaper, missing that smooth plastic shell that adds the tactile confirmation that "yep, you're wearing a diaper!", knowing that the capacity is so much lower, it all just works against my image of a diaper.

On the other hand, you may be more fortunate than me because pullups are cheaper, more available, and often more convenient to use. So if you like 'em, there's no reason to change. (though I would always recommend to experiment with variations to see what you like, because you never know when you might find something that you never knew you loved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back