Thickest boosters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I love buying booster pads though I can’t seem to find the super thick ones. A friend of mine gave me two really thick pink boosters a couple years ago but I can’t find them anywhere and nobody seems to know which ones I’m talking about. They were probably triple the thickness of your normal abena, north shore or tranquility booster. Does anybody know which ones I’m talking about and where to find them?

Bambino used to sell Totaldry boosters in addition to their duo and quattro. Those were not very wide but were at least twice the thickness of a typical booster, and were very long. They worked well to fit inside the leak guards on most diapers, and had good capacity.

I see they stil seem to carry them, but they have changed their shape. They used to be narrow and long, and now they look a little shorter but widen out in the front and back. ("hourglass shape") My initial impression on this would be it's a bad idea since leak guards don't usually widen out as you go up the front or back. I don't know if they're as thick as they used to be.

This, and thick booster pads are not recommended for use in adult diapers. Too thick, or too wide, and the booster will deform the leg barriers, or push the leg seals away from your skin. Obviously, either one is a recipe for instant leaks.

Also, boosters do nothing for improving the performance of a diaper- actually the opposite. If you use a cheap diaper that's likely to leak, and add a booster to it, now that leak will just have more pee to leak out thanks to the booster. Now add in the cost of the diaper plus the booster, and that price is often as much as just getting the next best diaper out there. Quite often, using boosters just don't make any sense.

i use a booster inside the northshore supreme because i am a heavy wetter. gives me 2-5 more hours of wear time when i need it most. they booster doesnt make it leak anymore then it does without, when it does happen. i was going to try better dry but they dont make my size.

Reactions: DL232
redbullfiend said:
i use a booster inside the northshore supreme because i am a heavy wetter. gives me 2-5 more hours of wear time when i need it most. they booster doesnt make it leak anymore then it does without, when it does happen. i was going to try better dry but they dont make my size.

Good point! When you are already using the best performing diaper out there, then there is little need to worry about performance when adding a booster. Back before Betterdry came out, I was using Confidry 24/7, but found them to still be lacking in absorption for side sleeping overnight. I too added a booster (baby diaper), which did nothing for adding performance, but did add just enough extra side capacity to prevent leaks. Thankfully Betterdry doesn't need a booster though.

I find that even the 5000mL diapers sometimes only last me three hours if I don't have a booster. But that's usually on days when I'm sick and drinking 1.5 - 2 gallons a day.

boosters never worked so good for me

larikaz said:
I find that even the 5000mL diapers sometimes only last me three hours if I don't have a booster. But that's usually on days when I'm sick and drinking 1.5 - 2 gallons a day.

1.5 gallons per day is what you're normally supoosed to be taking in (according to the WHO).

Any diaper rated for 5000ml should be lasting you more than 3 hours. Most likely they do not fit you right. My Betterdry is rated for 5000ml, and will absorb every bit of that, often lasting more than 12 hours. Of course, by then they are pretty heavy and have begun to smell bad too.

bambinod said:
Bambino used to sell Totaldry boosters in addition to their duo and quattro. Those were not very wide but were at least twice the thickness of a typical booster, and were very long. They worked well to fit inside the leak guards on most diapers, and had good capacity.

I see they stil seem to carry them, but they have changed their shape. They used to be narrow and long, and now they look a little shorter but widen out in the front and back. ("hourglass shape") My initial impression on this would be it's a bad idea since leak guards don't usually widen out as you go up the front or back. I don't know if they're as thick as they used to be.

The hour glass shape works pretty good for me, keeps it from being so thick at the legs and a little more contoured for comfort. Most diapers can handle them because they aren't wider than other boosters. Think I just used my last one up, and will be using trufit pads for a while for when I need boosting (mostly at night).

Slomo said:
1.5 gallons per day is what you're normally supoosed to be taking in (according to the WHO).

Any diaper rated for 5000ml should be lasting you more than 3 hours. Most likely they do not fit you right. My Betterdry is rated for 5000ml, and will absorb every bit of that, often lasting more than 12 hours. Of course, by then they are pretty heavy and have begun to smell bad too.

Just an FYI, about 1/3 of the H2O you take in every day is via the food you eat.

I also use boosters for nighttime or expended wear in my current Tranquility ATNs. It does help reduce the leaking since I am a side-sleeper. When it gets too full, I'm more inclined to change before leaks anyway. Especially when I get up and the soggy and heavy diaper wants to fall down my legs.

I can see Slomo's point in regards to avoiding a thick pad since once those leg gathers start pulling away from you, you now have an open conduit to let the pee flow out and pool around you--that was happening to me when I was wearing cheap diapers to bed but I was smart enough to use mattress pads to contain the floodwaters.

The question was what is the thickest booster. I would vote for the Northshore 2XL. Don't unfold the wing parts, just open it and lay it between the leak guards.

As for the booster debate that this naturally sparked.... There is no diaper that would work for me sleeping on my side that wouldn't instantly leak if I didn't pad up the sides with Northshore large boosters. I wonder if I need the 2xl down the center, and most nights I'm sure I don't because I have to take it off by the 8 hour mark so I can go about my life. But if I do all that with a Rearz (I like the black ones which are the same as their highest absorbancy) then it can consistently weigh 6-7 pounds 12 hours later and not have leaked a drip.

Why don't I try going without the center booster more often? Having all that extra padding adds to the security and calming for me. Without a diaper, I have to get up 3+ times through the night so I can also sleep better when diapered if my mind knows it cannot leak. But I think I will resolve to try no middle booster for a couple weeks straight and see if I could save some money or if I would rather just be very thickly diapered. I really want someone to make a diaper that has padding all the way into the wings. I feel like they once were that way but I've not seen any pictures of the inside of about 1990 Depends.

Sleep in cloth ! No leaks ,no fuss just 100% diaper.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
Sleep in cloth ! No leaks ,no fuss just 100% diaper.

and 100% leaks :tongueout:

(unless you have rubber pants too!)

bambinod said:
Just an FYI, about 1/3 of the H2O you take in every day is via the food you eat.

Only if you're including fruits and vegitables. Unfortunately most don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Vinylfeet said:
The question was what is the thickest booster. I would vote for the Northshore 2XL. Don't unfold the wing parts, just open it and lay it between the leak guards.

As for the booster debate that this naturally sparked.... There is no diaper that would work for me sleeping on my side that wouldn't instantly leak if I didn't pad up the sides with Northshore large boosters. I wonder if I need the 2xl down the center, and most nights I'm sure I don't because I have to take it off by the 8 hour mark so I can go about my life. But if I do all that with a Rearz (I like the black ones which are the same as their highest absorbancy) then it can consistently weigh 6-7 pounds 12 hours later and not have leaked a drip.

Why don't I try going without the center booster more often? Having all that extra padding adds to the security and calming for me. Without a diaper, I have to get up 3+ times through the night so I can also sleep better when diapered if my mind knows it cannot leak. But I think I will resolve to try no middle booster for a couple weeks straight and see if I could save some money or if I would rather just be very thickly diapered. I really want someone to make a diaper that has padding all the way into the wings. I feel like they once were that way but I've not seen any pictures of the inside of about 1990 Depends.

I used to be the exact same with side sleeping leaks. Even Northshire and Confidry were not enough on their own. Betterdry is though. You should give them a try.

Being a trained side sleeper from my days of bipap use was one of the key motivators in my purchase of cloth , the other being the entire garment was absorbent instead of just certain areas so they could outlast a disposable ! I suppose it helped also that the supplier I choose was himself IC in a chair and that he tested every design long term before it was offered to the public , it's very helpfull to have someone in your shoes( or tires as the case may be) to reference .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Slomo said:
I used to be the exact same with side sleeping leaks. Even Northshire and Confidry were not enough on their own. Betterdry is though. You should give them a try.

I'll try most anything and since you are so convinced, I'll give them a try.

I use betterdry with a large booster. The booster ensures wicking from the front to the rear sections. I go 12 hours without leaks even after drinking heavily. The leak guards are tall so no side leakage. I do sleep on my back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back