Argh I hate bitcoin -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
As a non-US citizen buying bitcoin is literally a fucking joke, as a person without a passport, I can't fucking buy them, and I need to buy them for a specific purpose.

Anyways, I found an exchange that I've used before, but they decided to hold onto my funds for 48 hours, are you fucking kidding me, I kinda need the funds NOW.

No place accepts fucking debit cards, it's impossible to buy them without a fucking passport etc.

I wouldn't mind if you know... most bitcoin exchanges SUPPORT GOVERNMENT FUCKING DOCUMENTS.

The ID you have uploaded is not a valid government ID...
Issued by the government of south Australia.

You're fucking kidding...

Don't get me started on mining, that's nearly impossible to get into without some stupid ASIC setup.

Lately I've been seeing stupid facebook ads about.... bitcoin and it's making me cringe, when ads for something like that come out that asks you to buy a ebook, it's turned to cancer.

Literally, requires less ID to register a phone, paypal account, etc, even my bank uses just my photo ID argh.

So it's fucking annoying, I covered so much just to get $1 short from what I actually fucking need due to all the fucking stupid fees and now there holding onto my coins. for all I fucking know it might drop down to nothing, than I've wasted $140 AUD to get what 83$ when I need $85 argh.

Anyways, a place where i buy specific things only supports bank or bitcoin, and for some stupid reason my bank / transfer provider blacklisted the bank.. argh...

(note this is a little dark humor)
No wonder why ross ulbritch got caught, all this ID verification... jk jk

:/ eek.

Aren't bitcoins super high now? According to the Washington Post they are. I see bitcoins as investing in the stock market. Buy low and spend when they're high. There's something else out there like bitcoins but I can't remember their name at the moment. Maybe you wouldn't need a passport for those?

Tried Localbitcoins.com?

With regards mining, what about mining something like Monero and then exchanging that for BTC?

dogboy said:
Aren't bitcoins super high now? According to the Washington Post they are. I see bitcoins as investing in the stock market. Buy low and spend when they're high. There's something else out there like bitcoins but I can't remember their name at the moment. Maybe you wouldn't need a passport for those?

Yeah. As I see it, there are pretty much two uses for Bitcoin right now: An investment (and one which isn't particularly attractive at the moment, IMO), and an intermediate currency for buying things from international sellers.

There are a few competing "cryptocurrencies" out there. They should all be approached with considerable caution. The concept is promising, but it's still the Wild West--way too volatile to be casually used in place of other currencies. I'd recommend, if you ever have to use Bitcoins for anything, that you get in and back out as quickly as possible

LittleJess said:
Don't get me started on mining, that's nearly impossible to get into without some stupid ASIC setup.

Or, more generally, a lot of money. In other words, as the old saying goes: It takes money to make money.

Never truer than with Bitcoin in its current state. I remember, years ago, overhearing several of my coworkers talking about their mining setups and how much they'd each made. Those days are long gone.

I hate how cryptocurrency has raised the prices on video cards and memory.

If you know someone that has a bitcoin account they can help you get one apparently. Strange as it is i listened to a 2 hour long blog about bitcoin today.
they did say setting up an account is the hardest part but if you know someone that already has an account they can help set you one up.

12srepaid said:
I hate how cryptocurrency has raised the prices on video cards and memory.

The number of GPUs and the amount of memory being devoted to cryptocurrency mining is like a drop in the ocean. I see a few speculative articles that claim otherwise (while offering zero proof), and talk about things like "the cost of (video card X) should be _____!!" without any obvious basis for making such claims. Angry gamers gonna get angry, methinks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back