Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local they order in?

Default Local they order in?

Hi, I remember someone saying a while ago that a lot of chemists, if asked, would order in a specific brand for you. Is this true, and can anybody possibly give a list of chemists (chain ones, not individual) that do this in the UK?

I can not order online at the moment (Father off work due to injury) and figure this is my best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I thinkyou mean Pharmacist not chemist.
    Pharmacist are called chemist in the U.K.......

I'm pretty sure. But yes I have heard from another member that this is possible.

Flanders,they can be either in the uk. Is there any brits here that can confirm this?

I've heard that you can do that with some chemists. Doubt a chain pharmacy would do it though. Single chemists tend to be more helpful because most people use chains (because of marketing) and this gets them more money.

I imagine a local pharmacy will order in for you though, if you phone them, or even if necessary you went into the shop - if you are brave enough.

Good luck!

(as you may have noticed in the UK the words pharmacy/pharmacist and chemist are interchangeable)

I actually got a chain chemist to order me in some Tena slip maxi's it was kinda unexpected.

If your interested i went more indepth in this post:

Be weary tho as they might gouge you a bit. Also be warned if you want to just get a pack they might get a bit pissed as they have to order a whole case.
    Also i don't know if its the norm but i was kinda shocked when they rang up the price for me after they ordered it in.

I am not sure... but if you have walgreens there... they can older molicares for you. .

^ Ooh! For real? There is a Walgreens about 6 miles from my house... It's a good healthy bike ride, but if you are right, it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    ^ Ooh! For real? There is a Walgreens about 6 miles from my house... It's a good healthy bike ride, but if you are right, it would be worth it.
    You are probbly gonna hafta order a case :/