Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm trying to connect my external hard drive to my new Xbox and it's not connecting. I've tried to connect it to my laptop to the same results. It's a Seagate model hard drive.

KryanAshford said:
I'm trying to connect my external hard drive to my new Xbox and it's not connecting. I've tried to connect it to my laptop to the same results. It's a Seagate model hard drive.

Whats the issue exactly, doesn't it detect or? if it doesn't light up the USB to SATA bored is fried.

does it spin at all?

Doesn't detect

Well if you get the same resuly on your laptop, then that indicates a problem with your external drive and/or cable.

Give it doesn't even power up, I'd say make sure the cable you're using is good, and securely plugged into both the drive and xbox/laptop. If you have a spare cable then test it with that, or maybe get a new cheap cable before you look to replace the whole drive.

If you've tried it on two machines, I'd assume it was dead and buy a new one.

It might just be the USB interface that's faults, so before you throw the old one away, see if you can open the case and remove the drive itself. Might come in handy.

I replaced the cord and it's functioning again

Well, that's a relief. Nobody like to lost data. My first major HD crash was on my old Amiga and it was a good thing that I partitioned the hell out of my drive in those days. I didn't lose as much data as I could but it was pretty ugly--Amigas are finicky about their media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back